Doty...paging Caroline Doty | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Doty...paging Caroline Doty

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Moriah isnt ready to run those difficult offensive sets
DC are you talking about the ones where the "seasoned" point guard runs to the sideline and picks up her dribble 30' from the basket, and immediatley swarmed on by defenders. Expected from Jefferson - maybe. From Doty they were bonehead plays. She oughta' know better.

In any case, could Jefferson's speed and fresh legs done any worse.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Why don't you tell us, instead of calling another poster a loser? You're free to have an opinion, but not to express it like a 5th grader.

Just be grateful that you're not a "classless" loser.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
DC are you talking about the ones where the "seasoned" point guard runs to the sideline and picks up her dribble 30' from the basket, and immediatley swarmed on by defenders. Expected from Jefferson - maybe. From Doty they were bonehead plays. She oughta' know better.

In any case, could Jefferson's speed and fresh legs done any worse.
How many TOs did CD have?

Reaction Score
Great..can't blame Hartley for the loss (other than her absence at the end) so let's blame Caroline..

I'm not blaming any one individual for this loss. It was a TEAM LOSS IMO. Everyone could have done something else or something different. However, the reason why UCONN fans are "picking on" Doty (and Hartley) is because we expect a little more than what we all say last night.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I'm not blaming any one individual for this loss. It was a TEAM LOSS IMO. Everyone could have done something else or something different. However, the reason why UCONN fans are "picking on" Doty (and Hartley) is because we expect a little more than what we all say last night.

Yes, and that gives us a right to say she sucks.

Really???

Reaction Score
Yes, and that gives us a right to say she sucks.

Really???

If anyone wants to say someone sucks, then I suggest that they get their basketball gear on and go run up and down the court with those girls and see who sucks!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
If anyone wants to say someone sucks, then I suggest that they get their basketball gear on and go run up and down the court with those girls and see who sucks!
Well, they did. And the tone of the other critisism are not constructive but just there to vent.

It's as if posters think that we are owed better performances.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Oh, I certainly hope you are not implying that I am saying or said that anyone "sucks".
I meant to add (not you) to the sentence. Sorry.

Reaction Score
Well, they did. And the tone of the other critisism are not constructive but just there to vent.

It's as if posters think that we are owed better performances.

I agree. I can understand the frustration of fans but I hope those people take a minute and realize how our beloved team feels!!...Well, maybe I am asking for too much.

Reaction Score

Every player could be playing better and could be giving more. Except maybe Kelly. Even KML disappeared for large stretches of the game.

AllAmerRedHeads

Barnstorming America author
Reaction Score
will never hear me talk on anyone player like that. It takes a team. some have better careers than others, granted.

Yet, we have been blessed for 20 years or so to have the team we have had. I have no regrets Caroline being a part of our team.

Heck, 40 years ago, Southern Connecticut was wiping us on the floor with a mop. with all of the teams in the country, we have been on one heck of a ride for 2 decades

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
If any one here was a lip reader, you would know that Geno had some very choice expletive words for Doty when she came to the bench, on more than one occasion. Basically, Geno was questioning her decision making. If you are upset with negative comments on a message board, then you really don't want to know what Geno had to say to her in the heat of battle.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
If any one here was a lip reader, you would know that Geno had some very choice expletive words for Doty when she came to the bench, on more than one occasion. Basically, Geno was questioning her decision making. If you are upset with negative comments on a message board, then you really don't want to know what Geno had to say to her in the heat of battle.

How are these equivalent? Geno is the coach, he has every right say what he wants to players he has invested so much time in.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Okay, lip reader.... Did he tell her she "sucks"?

Reaction Score
Yet another scoreless in a game against an elite team. I'm just saying...

She's not a good player. She's a wonderful teammated. A great person. A beautiful girl. A hard worker. But she's not a good basketball player at this level.

With that said, I don't blame her. Frankly, I don't think Geno has done a good job recruiting depth. 11 scholarship players this year? 9 next year? You need more than that to overcome injuries and players that don't turn out.

Reaction Score
I've always been a big Caroline Doty fan but I actually thought that Carolyn made a few really poor mental mistakes and was disappointed with her performance, at least in the latter part of the game. I still want to know what the Kelly Faris people think about her blowing foul shots that would have locked up the game, then with the lead in overtime made one of the worst "bull in the china shop" drives that I've ever seen resulting in a charge call that gave Notre Dame two foul shots that tied the score and prevented UConn from probably winning the game. In the last overtime she played as if she was a freshman rather than a player at the end of her senior year and UConn's offense was so discombobulated, it was embarrassing. I acknowledge that she's always played with high energy and she's made herself a decent offensive player but I don't think she's anything close to a serious All-American candidate. She was totally neutralized in the Baylor game being outhustled pretty badly and those are the games where you want and expect your best players to step up. I felt comfortable that UConn had managed to pull out the game in the first 3 minutes of both the first and second overtime despite losing two of their starters to a couple of pretty awful calls.

Kelly scored 21 points and along with KLM was the reason we were competitive. She also played point guard for a
good part of the game because Caroline was ineffective and Bria is more comfortable at shooting guard.Without her play there would not have been any overtimes the game.

You obviously are interested in the blame game--so how about UConn lost because of the technical foul on Geno. Without it we win by 1.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
[quote="Jonathan Husky, post: 527658, member: 513"

You obviously are interested in the blame game--so how about UConn lost because of the technical foul on Geno. Without it we win by 1.[/quote]

Maybe more than one, wasn't there a loss of possession on that play as well?

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
her and stewart lost us the game. kelly as usual was amazing, Btw hartly also sucks. hate if you want, but the truth is neither of them are any good (well stewart could improve but she sucks vs good teams)
Really? Because Steph alone had 11 turnovers. This loss is not on any ONE player. The team failed as a COLLECTIVE unit. Go crawl back into your hole. I'm questioning if you are even a UConn fan. So, basically every player on the team sucks? I'd love to see you get out there and do better

Reaction Score
Geno would have been better off playing Jefferson. Doty's skills seem to have been cut away by the surgeon's knife.

Jefferson was in for 2 plays. She fouled on defense and lost the ball on offense. I agree about Caroline but Moriah wasn't up to playing at this level in this game. She will have to be able to give UConn some good minutes against ND and Baylor in the future in order to give Kelly and Bria a rest.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Geno has a right, the comments on the board are just the childish rants of disappointed self entitled fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom