Dorka? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Dorka?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Who exactly projected Liv’s development? You? It amazes me that someone on a fan forum, who thinks he knows something about basketball, has the audacity to sit in judgment on a player of Liv’s ability.
The depth of you denial is astounding. It was not me it was the WBCA & the Big East conference. Both of which projected Liv to be among the best centers in the country last season by placing her on the Lisa Leslie watch list and the Big East pre-season first team.

Reaction Score
time will tell........each game is different........I suspect the UConn outside shooting will be so good that defenses will be extended to the point where there will be plenty of open opportunities for the low post players..........Dorka has proven that she can finish with contact from both sides of the lane........if she gets fouled and misses 50%, she's still piling up fouls against the opponent's post players possibly leading to extra foul shots......it's her three point shooting that I'm unsure about......

check out her inside ability from 1:23 of this video

The reversing spin move after 2:23 is impressive!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The depth of you denial is astounding. It was not me it was the WBCA & the Big East conference. Both of which projected Liv to be among the best centers in the country last season by placing her on the Lisa Leslie watch list and the Big East pre-season first team.
What absurd standards? Liv was one of 5 finalists for the Lisa Leslie award won by Aliyah Boston. She was 2nd team all conference and co-DPOY. I’m perfectly fine with that. I’m sorry she let you down.

Reaction Score
I’m a big fan of buttercream icing.
I prefer the coconut and coffee icing with German Chocolate cake.

My son (now a chef) used my old coffee grinder to grind the coconut finer, but my wife had left some roasted coconut Lion coffee from Kona, Hawaii in the grinder, so it loaded the caffeine level... Just amazing taste!!!!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What absurd standards? Liv was one of 5 finalists for the Lisa Leslie award won by Aliyah Boston. She was 2nd team all conference and co-DPOY. I’m perfectly fine with that.
She's a player like KLS, pad the stats against the lesser teams while not getting it done against the better teams. That's not good enough this year.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
What absurd standards? Liv was one of 5 finalists for the Lisa Leslie award won by Aliyah Boston. She was 2nd team all conference and co-DPOY. I’m perfectly fine with that. I’m sorry she let you down.
:eek: Yup an absurd standard to expect the UCONN WCBB starting center to be first team in the Big East.
Big Brain What GIF by Rosanna Pansino

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
She's a player like KLS, pad the stats against the lesser teams while not getting it done against the better teams. That's not good enough this year.
KLS not good enough? 3-time 1st Team AA. Lit up MD in the barf bucket game at MD her sophomore season. Set an all time NCAA record going 10/10 from the arc against a ranked USF team in the AAC tournament final. Scored 28 pts coming back from injury upsetting Louisville in the Elite 8 game her senior year.

You people are unreal.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
:eek: Yup an absurd standard to expect the UCONN WCBB starting center to be first team in the Big East.
Big Brain What GIF by Rosanna Pansino
I'll make this point one more time. I have no problem with your belief that Dorka will start this coming season. But your obsession with tearing down Liv to make your point is immature and serves no useful purpose. Liv had a fine season and she will have an even better season this coming year....and she will be the starting center for UConn.

Reaction Score
:eek:Yea Liv could really really use a quality back! Perhaps a player that was 2X first team all Big 10 especially considering Liv was not even 1st team after playing three full seasons in the Big East and the American.

I'm pretty sure the conferences limit the number of all-conference 1st team players allowed per team to two each year. Else Liv and several others would have made it. Liv probably would have made Big 10 all-first team the last two years IMHO.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure the conferences limit the number of all-conference 1st team players allowed per team to two each year. Else Liv and several others would have made it. Liv probably would have made Big 10 all-first team the last two years IMHO.

Wait three Seton Hall players made 1st team All Big East last year and only two UConn players. Questionable? That makes me doubt their validity.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
No, neither the BE or the American have such a limitation.
Wait three Seton Hall players made 1st team All Big East last year and only two UConn players. Questionable? That makes me doubt their validity.
I'm not sure what would cause you to doubt the validity because it is BE coaches voting. Are you also doubting the validiy of Paige being named Conference player of the year?

All-BIG EAST First Team
Paige Bueckers, UConn, Fr., G*
Christyn Williams, UConn, Jr., G*
Lexi Held, DePaul, Jr., G
Sonya Morris, DePaul, Jr., G*
Selena Lott, Marquette, Sr., G*
Leilani Correa, St. John’s, So., G
Desiree Elmore, Seton Hall, Sr., G/F
Andra Espinoza-Hunter, Seton Hall, Grad., G
Lauren Park-Lane, Seton Hall, So., G
Madison Siegrist, Villanova, So., F*

Reaction Score
T
No, neither the BE or the American have such a limitation.

I'm not sure what would cause you to doubt the validity because it is BE coaches voting. Are you also doubting the validiy of Paige being named Conference player of the year?

All-BIG EAST First Team
Paige Bueckers, UConn, Fr., G*
Christyn Williams, UConn, Jr., G*
Lexi Held, DePaul, Jr., G
Sonya Morris, DePaul, Jr., G*
Selena Lott, Marquette, Sr., G*
Leilani Correa, St. John’s, So., G
Desiree Elmore, Seton Hall, Sr., G/F
Andra Espinoza-Hunter, Seton Hall, Grad., G
Lauren Park-Lane, Seton Hall, So., G
Madison Siegrist, Villanova, So., F*

Just doesn't seem likely to represent the best players in the conference in this situation. For example I think Evina could have put up better stats on those other teams and clearly would have been All-Big East, instead she is not even honorable mention.

Props to Dorka for making this top-30 list last season though:

Ohio State Forward Dorka Juhasz Named To Naismith Midseason Watch List – Buckeye Sports Bulletin

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Props to Dorka for making this list though

T

Just doesn't seem likely to represent the best players in the conference in this situation. For example I think Evina could have put up better stats on those other teams and clearly would have been All-Big East, instead she is not even honorable mention.

Was Olivia on that Top 30 list?
Christyn, Liv and Paige were on it.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
T

Props to Dorka for making this top-30 list last season though:

Ohio State Forward Dorka Juhasz Named To Naismith Midseason Watch List – Buckeye Sports Bulletin
Unfortunately that's not how the selection criteria works. Some people often try to use that transitive property and many more confuse what the selections represent. For example AEH was on the first team all BE this does not mean she is a better player than Evina. Likewise the selection of 3 Seton Hall players to the first team does not indicate that Seton Hall is a better team than UCONN. What is a valid general criticism of these awards is the over reliance on one offensive stat, which is scoring. All 10 players selected for the first team BE were in the top 14 scorers. All 14 of the top scorers in the conference were either first team or second team BE. Evina Westbrook was 3rd in the conference in assists and 10th in steals. These stats alone should have given her consideration for first or second team BE. I suspect Evina was not selected because she was outside the top 25 in scoring in the BE. No, I don't think is correct or fair and I been saying that since I lost out on the MVP tournament trophy in 5th grade CYO-that was November of 1974.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don't know this for sure, but I think Dorka will be in the best shape of her career this season. It was an early season game and she subbed out early, then came right back in. Not making judgement on her fitness level,
Ohio State had more height and their rebounding was spread out. It seems like rebounds just go to Dorka. Good positioning, Height?
She is going to help a lot. Three season of Big 10 basketball & she is ready.
Dorka, recently mentioned this game in an interview. She mentioned that she was recovering from an ACL (news to me) and that Ohio State threw her out there to see how things would go. Dorka did very well despite recovering from the ACL . She was second team Big 10 at the end of the season and National Freshman of the week by early December 2018.

Reaction Score

Does the BE or WBCA limit how many players are allowed to be nominated by a coach to their all-conference/AA teams? I know Geno complained about that concerning one of the award processes last season.

I'm not trying to promote ONO. If she and Juhasz were both new transfers to UConn Juhasz's resume would put her ahead. But ONO has 3 years experience within the UConn system. What makes you believe that Juhasz will catch up so quickly? Does tOSU play a similar system?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Olivia is a great teammate on a team of sisters. And we diehard fans tend to think of our Huskies as our kids. That makes this situation hard. It is hard to contemplate the possibility of a starter being supplanted by a 4th year transfer. That may be why there were so many who blithely assumed and vocalized on this board that Dorka would be a sometime back up. Not being @Carnac I'll watch things play out and not prejudge Dorka out of loyalty.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Does the BE or WBCA limit how many players are allowed to be nominated by a coach to their all-conference/AA teams? I know Geno complained about that concerning one of the award processes last season.

I'm not trying to promote ONO. If she and Juhasz were both new transfers to UConn Juhasz's resume would put her ahead. But ONO has 3 years experience within the UConn system. What makes you believe that Juhasz will catch up so quickly? Does tOSU play a similar system?
WBCA definitely does have this limit of not more than three players from same team on any one AA team. Whether by practice or rule the BE appears to have the same restriction.
My prediction was that Dorka would start along side ONO not that she would replace her in the starting line up. Dorka is almost the perfect 4 and fit for the UCONN because of mainly these attributes: Her ability to score from beyond the arc to the rim. Her mobility & movement without the basketball. Her legit post size to bang and finish through contact. Her experience =3 full season of playing in the Big 10. Ohio State does not run the same system as UCONN ( Kevin is not that smart). Although Kevin came up under Muffet he tends to favor offensive sets that feature his best players (isolation) over motion or read and react. If the two players are indeed competing for the same spot I don't believe it is time in the UCONN offense that will be the deciding factor it's the overall skill set. ONO's advantage is her ability to facilitate the offense from the high post as a terrific passer and her shot blocking. I agree with your assessment that if the two players were starting from the same point Dorka would be ahead. To put it another way Dorka has the resume to provide much of what UCONN has been lacking from that position for the past 3 full seasons now.

Reaction Score
WBCA definitely does have this limit of not more than three players from same team on any one AA team. Whether by practice or rule the BE appears to have the same restriction.
My prediction was that Dorka would start along side ONO not that she would replace her in the starting line up. Dorka is almost the perfect 4 and fit for the UCONN because of mainly these attributes: Her ability to score from beyond the arc to the rim. Her mobility & movement without the basketball. Her legit post size to bang and finish through contact. Her experience =3 full season of playing in the Big 10. Ohio State does not run the same system as UCONN ( Kevin is not that smart). Although Kevin came up under Muffet he tends to favor offensive sets that feature his best players (isolation) over motion or read and react. If the two players are indeed competing for the same spot I don't believe it is time in the UCONN offense that will be the deciding factor it's the overall skill set. ONO's advantage is her ability to facilitate the offense from the high post as a terrific passer and her shot blocking. I agree with your assessment that if the two players were starting from the same point Dorka would be ahead. To put it another way Dorka has the resume to provide much of what UCONN has been lacking from that position for the past 3 full seasons now.
I'm thinking things will shake out by half-time of the Louisville game at Mohegan Sun Arena [UCONN's third 'home' court] with a 10-0 run to finish the half.....

Check in with me at about 3;55 P.M. on 12/19/2021. I will be replaying the first half (several times of all their runs) to see how the run started [most likely consecutive defensive stops], and enjoying it to about when the fourth quarter starts. Then play the second half in fast forward mode until I see the Geno interviews.

My prediction: UCONN 99 - Louisville 79. Hopefully this gives me "Early Bird Points."

Bad Ass of the game: Paige Bueckers, 32 points 7 of 9 from 3 pt range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom