Dorka? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Dorka?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Thank you for clearing that up. God forbid that someone on the BY would credit Liv with 12 rebounds vs the 11 rebounds she actually had.
You are welcome. I'm not sure God has anything to do with it but Google might help with the accuracy.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Besides leading the team in rebounds, blocked shots & intimidation, Liv was also one of the team leaders in assists, dropping many more dimes-per-game than, for example, CW who played far more minutes.
No, the teams were NOT well coached who just backed off and let her pass, eh?
I can't remember one time she dropped a dime from out there all alone. I do remember the bricks being laid from 3-point land, many with feet on the line making those misses even worse.

Reaction Score
Dorka vs Liv or Dorka starting instead of Liv or Dorka backing up Liv is and have always been false narratives. The reality is UCONN has needed more productivity from the post position for 3 years now. Productivity from Dorka, Liv and Aaliyah is mandatory this season if UCONN is to advance beyond a FF appearance. The narrative is false because it doesn’t matter who starts or finishes. Liv may improve and have a great senior season. Aaliyah may take the traditional sophomore leap. Dorka could come in and surprise. I’m sure us BY fans will continue to bicker because we all have our favorites and nothing better to do. What we néed to remember is this: which ever player provides the productivity the other two are going to be just as happy.
The " whole ( team )" is greater than the sum of its "parts" ( whoever is playing
post or power forward ). This is going to be "mirabile visu"!!!

Reaction Score
I can't remember one time she dropped a dime from out there all alone. I do remember the bricks being laid from 3-point land, many with feet on the line making those misses even worse.
Yeah Liv dropped 87 dimes during the season, compared to CW's 63 even though CW played 200+ more minutes. I remember most of Liv's uncanny passes - spectacular! Liv is a very skilled passer. She was second or third on the team in assists for the season behind Paige. It seems that CW, like MW, would rather shoot than pass, eh?

Reaction Score
Curious why so much conversation about ONO ver Dorka and not the other bigs. Edwards was a force of nature in many games-no one on team has her combination of size, strength, and athleticism. At the end of last year, she played significant minutes and don't see Dorka taking these minutes away. DeBerry a wild card with her 6'5" frame giving her a potential defensive edge over Dorka. If DeBerry can play defense and continue her high school ability to shoot 3's, she will get some minutes as well. File this all under "positive problems."

Reaction Score
Curious why so much conversation about ONO ver Dorka and not the other bigs. Edwards was a force of nature in many games-no one on team has her combination of size, strength, and athleticism. At the end of last year, she played significant minutes and don't see Dorka taking these minutes away. DeBerry a wild card with her 6'5" frame giving her a potential defensive edge over Dorka. If DeBerry can play defense and continue her high school ability to shoot 3's, she will get some minutes as well. File this all under "positive problems."
According to Geno, Dorka is at least 6'5" as well.

Reaction Score
As I have previously posted, when all is said and done, I believe Aaliyah will go down as one of the greats to ever wear a UCONN Jersey.
Huge leap over the course of last year.
Offseason, international play.
This preseason, battling with Ono, Dorka and Deberry (Paith injured) on a daily basis.
I thing we will all be shocked at her progress this season.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Of course Paige averaged like five rebounds a game so….
So I had to check the stats. All UConn’s guards chip in on rebounds. In addition to Paige at 4.9 rbpg Christyn pulls down 4.3 and Evina tops the guards at 5.3.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So I had to check the stats. All UConn’s guards chip in on rebounds. In addition to Paige at 4.9 rbpg Christyn pulls down 4.3 and Evina tops the guards at 5.3.
I think if Dorka averages 4.9 threes a game we’ll be just fine. ;)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
As I have previously posted, when all is said and done, I believe Aaliyah will go down as one of the greats to ever wear a UCONN Jersey.
Huge leap over the course of last year.
Offseason, international play.
This preseason, battling with Ono, Dorka and Deberry (Paith injured) on a daily basis.
I thing we will all be shocked at her progress this season.
Piath is fine and was last seen smoothly splashing a mid range jumper in a recent BY posted practice video.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If UConn relies on Dorka hoisting up 3 pt shots then they are in a world of hurt. 10-15 footers no problem, 3 pointers ...no thank you
I'll try again for you. UConn won't be relying on Dorka hoisting up anything. But standing at the line, she will need to be guarded, opening space for the other players. With Ono out there, her man drops off and clogs up everything.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'll try again for you. UConn won't be relying on Dorka hoisting up anything. But standing at the line, she will need to be guarded, opening space for the other players. With Ono out there, her man drops off and clogs up everything.
I'm not sure why there is such a struggle for some to grasp this concept. All you have to do is watch the two UCONN opening possessions of the TN game. 3 touches by Liv, all beyond the arc and with each touch TN puts a minimum of 3 defender in the paint. Now keep watching and see what happens (great things) when Liv gets a touch in the paint.

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
If UConn relies on Dorka hoisting up 3 pt shots then they are in a world of hurt. 10-15 footers no problem, 3 pointers ...no thank you
Why would UConn have to rely on Dorka shooting three pointers? Who says they are relying on her to do that? She will certainly shoot some but I believe the guards and wings will be relied on to shoot three pointers.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
You’re correct, but at some point Dorka has to make her 3’s or no team will bother to guard her at the arc. It’s worth noting that last season Liv shot just under 27% from the arc to Dorka’s 20%.

Now Dorka shot 5 times as many 3’s as Liv (70 vs 14), but she will need to regain the shooting touch she showed as a sophomore or teams will simply give her the 3-pt shot, the same as Liv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom