Donovan Clingan | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Donovan Clingan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Obviously needs to be our top priority kid is a unicorn. I do have major issues with the competition he’s playing against. Not only does he play CT public league but he plays hoop group AAU which is like really good rec league. I desperately want to see what he looks like against Duran or Iwuchukwu or Lively.
I've been out of the new england aau scene for a while now (over 10 years) but HoopGroup, the JamFest in particular if I remember correctly, often had some very good teams in it that would play there before going to their national tournaments. I understand what you mean though..the comp in the video didn't look very imposing at all.

Reaction Score
That's exactly my point. Why bother, especially if it is on his chin? But relax it was just a passing observation.
I think he was just trying to play the heel like Cager from the Washington Generals

1618256948440.png

conn4>cuse1

Zone Is For Cowards
Reaction Score
I saw him leaving for the NBA after next year but @conn4>cuse1 mentioned they signed a 5* for 21-22.
Tbh he wouldn’t prevent clingan from going there. He is 6’11 and 215. So clingan is still bigger. Still it would be less minutes for him there

conn4>cuse1

Zone Is For Cowards
Reaction Score
yeah for 2021 but i'm worried about who will take moussa diabete's spot in 2022
Are you saying that you think diabete is a one and done?

Reaction Score
Are you saying that you think diabete is a one and done?
well he is a top 20 recruit but it doesnt matter what i think, it matters what howard tells clingan. and even if diabete plays 2 years, we'll prob still have sanogo in 2022 so we might not be able to sell clingan on starting as a frosh either

Last edited:

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
His AAU team went 6-0. I expect his national ranking to jump in the coming months. Anyone watch this weekend?

Observations aside from basketball per se:
That is one huge dude.
He seems to have adopted the use of a mask as a chin guard. When he's wearing the black one, he looks like an Amish giant. But seriously, If he's going to wear it that way, why bother?

Reaction Score
I doubt there was a boneyard back in the Camby era, I remember being disappointed when Camby chose UMass and Calipari but wasn't convinced he was that good and would be as good as he became. If he chose Uconn we'd have more scalps on the wall. Losing Clingan would hurt so much more now I can't even entertain the thought as we are fighting are way back to the top.

Reaction Score
First time I've seen him show any real attitude, shaking his head at that kid he blocked in the last sequence. As they start playing tougher teams, that's a welcome development.

We are definitely keeping the door open for him, keeping that spot free at the 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom