Donovan Clingan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
King Of The Hill Popcorn GIF

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Big10 player.

nice to see him home. But big10 bound.

Reaction Score
Is Hurley willing to adjust his defensive scheme to accommodate a traditional 7 footer? I like how he uses Whaley and Sanogo but wish he had allowed Carlton to play more to his strengths and stay down low. If I were Clingan, thats what I would be asking.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Is Hurley willing to adjust his defensive scheme to accommodate a traditional 7 footer? I like how he uses Whaley and Sanogo but wish he had allowed Carlton to play more to his strengths and stay down low. If I were Clingan, thats what I would be asking.

That's the question, isn't it? I can certainly see him plugging right in at Michigan or even Iowa as @August_West suggests. Can you see him at Villanova? Because Hurley is building Villanova North.

Reaction Score
Big10 player.

nice to see him home. But big10 bound.
If he didn’t care so much about sticking to his roots at BC, there’s still a shot he sticks to his state’s school.

Reaction Score
That's the question, isn't it? I can certainly see him plugging right in at Michigan or even Iowa as @August_West suggests. Can you see him at Villanova? Because Hurley is building Villanova North.
But Nova is all 6'3-6'8 guys who shoot threes, cut to the tin and their guards back you down. They never play a huge center and don't scare anyone defensively at the rim. UConn plays big guys and will lead the nation in blocks again next season.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
But Nova is all 6'3-6'8 guys who shoot threes, cut to the tin and their guards back you down. They never play a huge center and don't scare anyone defensively at the rim. UConn plays big guys and will lead the nation in blocks again next season.

We play bigger at the 4 for sure, but we sure played a lot of minutes with nobody over 6'8 (Whaley) last year. Our tallest guy transferred. Then our second tallest guy transferred. Our 6'9" guy was benched in a game he was dominating because he couldn't defend guards. Clingan is never going to defend guards.

I'd love to see Clingan come to UConn, but Dan needs to be more flexible if he does. Systematically though, I can see him at Iowa or Michigan more than 2022 UConn. Calhoun era UConn? This would already be a done deal.

Reaction Score
clingan is a totally different type of talent. He is an excellent passer so he can dish to different players all over the court. He also finishes everything around the rim for a dunk. I know everyone on boneyard thinks he is a lock for the huskies but I would not count out Michigan at all. Tremendous school,and great big mans coach.

Reaction Score
clingan is a totally different type of talent. He is an excellent passer so he can dish to different players all over the court. He also finishes everything around the rim for a dunk. I know everyone on boneyard thinks he is a lock for the huskies but I would not count out Michigan at all. Tremendous school,and great big mans coach.

there isn't a single post in this thread that calls him a lock.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Ugh. As much as I don't want to see this but I could see him just sliding in to Hunter Dickinson's spot.

Maybe this is a dumb question but where is Dickinson going?

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Obviously needs to be our top priority kid is a unicorn. I do have major issues with the competition he’s playing against. Not only does he play CT public league but he plays hoop group AAU which is like really good rec league. I desperately want to see what he looks like against Duran or Iwuchukwu or Lively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom