Donovan Clingan | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Donovan Clingan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Under discussed part of his decision is Sanogos desire to go pro. I doubt he's gonna want to come off the bench if he can start at Michigan.

Reaction Score
Under discussed part of his decision is Sanogos desire to go pro. I doubt he's gonna want to come off the bench if he can start at Michigan.
sanogo is a poor man's (and small man's) kofi cockburn who isnt even a lock for the second round after averaging 17 and 9.5 with 1.3 blocks as a sophomore. if sanogo is going pro after next year it's not to the nba

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
sanogo is a poor man's (and small man's) kofi cockburn who isnt even a lock for the second round after averaging 17 and 9.5 with 1.3 blocks as a sophomore. if sanogo is going pro after next year it's not to the nba
I know, there's more pro leagues outside of the NBA.

Reaction Score
well he is a top 20 recruit but it doesnt matter what i think, it matters what howard tells clingan. and even if diabete plays 2 years, we'll prob still have sanogo in 2022 so we might not be able to sell clingan on starting as a frosh either

Sanogo may have a much more diverse game next year with an offseason to work on his game. In 2022 I can see a lineup of Adama, Clingan, an active 3 and 2 good guards being a real problem to defend with Donovan already able to hit 3's. I do not think Adama will limit Donovan's minutes at all.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
King Of The Hill Popcorn GIF

Reaction Score
I see huge problems with that scenario. Smaller quicker players getting the bigs in foul trouble early. Little guys bouncing off the bigs will hit the floor on touch fouls.

Reaction Score
Sanogo may have a much more diverse game next year with an offseason to work on his game. In 2022 I can see a lineup of Adama, Clingan, an active 3 and 2 good guards being a real problem to defend with Donovan already able to hit 3's. I do not think Adama will limit Donovan's minutes at all.
he's not diversifying his game to the point where he can play PF, dont care how much time he has to do it. look at the type of guys playing the 4 now. its athletic guys that can switch on the perimeter, block shots, and shoot 3s like akok and samson. whaley barely meets the requirements of being a modern day 4 never mind sanogo

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We play bigger at the 4 for sure, but we sure played a lot of minutes with nobody over 6'8 (Whaley) last year. Our tallest guy transferred. Then our second tallest guy transferred. Our 6'9" guy was benched in a game he was dominating because he couldn't defend guards. Clingan is never going to defend guards.

I'd love to see Clingan come to UConn, but Dan needs to be more flexible if he does. Systematically though, I can see him at Iowa or Michigan more than 2022 UConn. Calhoun era UConn? This would already be a done deal.
Maybe it's because he's a 7' white guy, but I get Travis Knight vibes with how he's described as a good passer/shooter.

That sort of player obviously fit the JC system early, but how many guys like that did we bring in after 1996?

Reaction Score
Maybe it's because he's a 7' white guy, but I get Travis Knight vibes with how he's described as a good passer/shooter.

That sort of player obviously fit the JC system early, but how many guys like that did we bring in after 1996?
He's way better than Travis.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
well when's the last time we lost an underclassman to a pro league that wasnt the nba? serious question
Not sure off the top of my head. But I think there will be honest conversations with Sanogo at the end of next season about realistic expectations for his pro career. If he has the season everyone expects of him, he might decide to take that European bag immediately.

This will effect the Clingan situation if he decides to give it one more year. There's no chance Clingan would be anything more than Sanogos backup as a freshman, that's an uphill battle to sell.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He's way better than Travis.

Travis was a first round pick. I haven’t seen Clingan except in a few clips, can he run the floor like Knight did?

Reaction Score
well when's the last time we lost an underclassman to a pro league that wasnt the nba? serious question

I'd put Daniel Hamilton in that category. No one expected him to be a 1st rounder and he left anyway. Drafted with a late 2nd, he played 25 career NBA games and is now overseas after time in the G League.

AFAIK, Hamilton is the only guy who left early who had no chance of being a 1st rounder.

Reaction Score
I'd put Daniel Hamilton in that category. No one expected him to be a 1st rounder and he left anyway. Drafted with a late 2nd, he played 25 career NBA games and is now overseas after time in the G League.

AFAIK, Hamilton is the only guy who left early who had no chance of being a 1st rounder.
Deandre Daniels too right?

Reaction Score
Not sure off the top of my head. But I think there will be honest conversations with Sanogo at the end of next season about realistic expectations for his pro career. If he has the season everyone expects of him, he might decide to take that European bag immediately.

This will effect the Clingan situation if he decides to give it one more year. There's no chance Clingan would be anything more than Sanogos backup as a freshman, that's an uphill battle to sell.
What are you basing this on? I've never heard of a player leaving early to go to Europe, unless it was to return home. Unless you know something I don't, this is just wild and unlikely speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom