Donovan Clingan | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Donovan Clingan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Boneyard lawyers ginning up a way to call firing a coach for a player going to Kentucky "for cause" would have been worth the price of admission.
How much would you pay for the ticket?

The bidding has started.

Reaction Score
Travis was a first round pick. I haven’t seen Clingan except in a few clips, can he run the floor like Knight did?
If you were 7 feet tall with a pulse you played in the league back then. Travis was probably a little faster down the court, Clingan is way bigger than Travis. Travis being faster down the court is the one thing he has on Clingan right now. I'm also remembering Travis as a finished product..

He came into UConn as a gawky project, he left a solid center. Clingan will be coming into college as a grown man.

Reaction Score
Travis was a solid screener as well. I see this as a lost art in today's game along with outlet passing.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
What are you basing this on? I've never heard of a player leaving early to go to Europe, unless it was to return home. Unless you know something I don't, this is just wild and unlikely speculation.
It happens all over college basketball every year.

Also when Sanogo committed he said he didn't want to spend 4 years in college. I'm sure someone knows which article I'm talking about.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Not sure off the top of my head. But I think there will be honest conversations with Sanogo at the end of next season about realistic expectations for his pro career. If he has the season everyone expects of him, he might decide to take that European bag immediately.

This will effect the Clingan situation if he decides to give it one more year. There's no chance Clingan would be anything more than Sanogos backup as a freshman, that's an uphill battle to sell.
that's an interesting take.

Reaction Score
He's way better than Travis.
No, I know that he's a much better prospect.

I should have said "rich man's Travis Knight", and I say that as someone who, especially in retrospect, loved his game.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Not sure off the top of my head. But I think there will be honest conversations with Sanogo at the end of next season about realistic expectations for his pro career. If he has the season everyone expects of him, he might decide to take that European bag immediately.

This will effect the Clingan situation if he decides to give it one more year. There's no chance Clingan would be anything more than Sanogos backup as a freshman, that's an uphill battle to sell.

1618289758171.gif

Reaction Score
did the boneyard exist when camby picked UMass?
Camby picked UMass because of a slick talker named Calipari. Unlike Calhoun and Camby, Hurley has a very good chance to land this kid.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Camby picked UMass because of a slick talker named Calipari. Unlike Calhoun and Camby, Hurley has a very good chance to land this kid.

And lots of cash. I worked with Marcus' dad Bob Camby for two summers. It was a summer job while in college, operating big printers in the basement at The Hartford. Bob bled blue like we do. Huge UConn fan. Slick talking didn't get Marcus to UMass by itself.

Donovan is in an entirely different situation.

Reaction Score
It happens all over college basketball every year.

Also when Sanogo committed he said he didn't want to spend 4 years in college. I'm sure someone knows which article I'm talking about.
Can you name some examples of non-European players leaving college early to play in Europe? I'm just not aware of any, so I am curious. Outlier situations, like a player flunking out of school, don't count.

I recall the same thing about Sanogo wanting to go pro early. I don't remember the exact words used, but my interpretation was that he was referring to the NBA. Of course, if players leave early for foreign leagues all the time, like you are implying, it could be that my ignorance of that fact caused me to falsely assume he was referring exclusively to the NBA.

Reaction Score
And lots of cash. I worked with Marcus' dad Bob Camby for two summers. It was a summer job while in college, operating big printers in the basement at The Hartford. Bob bled blue like we do. Huge UConn fan. Slick talking didn't get Marcus to UMass by itself.

Donovan is in an entirely different situation.
Are you saying Hurley doesn’t have a chance like some of the other idiots on this board?

Reaction Score
Man I would love to land him. My uneducated guess is Michigan though.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
We must cling to Clingan.

Reaction Score
If you were 7 feet tall with a pulse you played in the league back then. Travis was probably a little faster down the court, Clingan is way bigger than Travis. Travis being faster down the court is the one thing he has on Clingan right now. I'm also remembering Travis as a finished product..

He came into UConn as a gawky project, he left a solid center. Clingan will be coming into college as a grown man.
Yeah that was back when gm’s were drafting tall guys over good players. A couple decades of 6’11 and up guys made a lot of money in those years. Travis was solid for sure, but he wouldn’t be drafted now.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Love the player... hope he comes... but he is going to Michigan. His family won't stop him from going to a place he has always dreamed of playing at. I hope Coach H. is still recruiting other players because if Sanogo leaves and Whaley finishes eligibility we need to keep adding depth and talent to this position.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA