Donny Marshall.. bleed blue? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Donny Marshall.. bleed blue?

Reaction Score
In one of our first games this season, Donny made a funny comment when the PXP guy (I forgot who it was) said something to Donny like “you had to deal with Danny Hurley when he played at Seton Hall”. Donny then replied with “No, he had to deal with me”. Obviously he was kidding, but he was 100% correct. We used to dominate Seton Hall in those days.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
In one of our first games this season, Donny made a funny comment when the PXP guy (I forgot who it was) said something to Donny like “you had to deal with Danny Hurley when he played at Seton Hall”. Donny then replied with “No, he had to deal with me”. Obviously he was kidding, but he was 100% correct. We used to dominate Seton Hall in those days.

Donny's UConn teams went 4-4 against Seton Hall.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Donny has been real good in both games I’m not seeing what some are. Is there potential he makes sure he’s not too biased, I guess. But you have to be real picky to see anything much. He was so right in his assessment on our guys he playing much better offense when they didn’t allow the shot clock to wind down.

A little heavy on the "13 seconds" comment though. At one point he apologized for beating a dead horse right before saying it again. Haha.

Reaction Score
Donny is a great actor, got people here fooled.

Fox is a national brand, I'm happy for him and don't at all mind the in-game critique, which by the way is genuine and pretty accurate.

To me he's a rising star.

Reaction Score
Donny doesn't owe us anything. He worked hard to win games for us, gave it his best shot to win a NC..... entertained us.

You ask too much if you expect more.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
They draw more fans than we do and have for a long time.

You can question all sorts of intangibles but attendance is a hard thing. Whether fair or not.

Idk if I heard him correct but didn’t he say Creighton has the best fan base in the Big East? I didn’t like that...

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He's on national TV and you expect him to act like a homer?
If someone from another school does that we are all over them
Uconn has issues above and beyond the TV announcer - they need a pure shooter and a real PG PLEASE

Reaction Score
He’s a KO guy. I do not believe bleeds blue. His commentary the past two games implies a grudge.
I hope there isn’t any bad blood. It seems like MOST all of the alumni has been openly supportive of the program since the KO divorce.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
He made a comment today that both killed me and let me know he doesn't watch a ton of our games. He basically said that Whaley has to shoot when he has an open 3. NO, HE ACTUALLY SHOULD NOT.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
There was an article a month or more ago that stated the practice stats showed him to have the best 3 pt FG %. He made a 3 and a Foul line jumper early 2nd half after missing 4-5 lay ups.
I watched the game too. Like I watch every single game. His three was basically a brick that fell in. If he’s such a sharp shooter from beyond the arc, why has he only fired up 9 threes all year? And you’re telling me that after watching him play all these years, you want him regularly bombing away from deep? I’m all set, thanks.

Reaction Score
I watched the game too. Like I watch every single game. His three was basically a brick that fell in. If he’s such a sharp shooter from beyond the arc, why has he only fired up 9 threes all year? And you’re telling me that after watching him play all these years, you want him regularly bombing away from deep? I’m all set, thanks.
Did I say regularly? But he shoots it as well as most of our guys and it’s better than throwing it away or making the clock run down while getting a throw as it runs out. No one called him a sharp shooter but hey I’m all set, thanks!

Reaction Score
He is doing a fine job. He is like a dad coaching his own son in baseball. Everyone is hyper critical of the coach even if his kid is the best on the field. He spoke glowingly about Dee Rowe.
He knows the game and UConn fans should be thrilled he is calling them

Reaction Score
Garbage thread. Donny is a fantastic color commentator and shoots straight down the middle. Nothing he said was out of line or flagrantly wrong.

There's no evidence of a supposed grudge.

Reaction Score
Bill has an excuse, he's oblivious
Bill Walton just ruins the games he does. There are good announcers and bad announcers but I still can bear them if interested in the games. Walton just makes the games unbearable to watch.

Would love to have a few beers with him and listen to his Grateful Dead stories.

Great Player

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom