Donny Marshall.. bleed blue? | The Boneyard

Donny Marshall.. bleed blue?

Reaction Score
I’ve watched the last couple games with Donny Marshall commentating. I think personally he holds a grudge against Hurley/UConn. Almost roots against them. For someone who was a UConn great I would personally try to find positives not negatives like he does if you truely bleed blue.

Reaction Score
I have a feeling that he know that the team is lacking right now and must temper his response.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He made a horrible point towards the end of the game claiming it was not a foul on Bishop against Cole. Clearly a blocking foul. You can not impede movement without establishing guarding position.

His comment was as much about Cole snapping his head back before any contact was made as it was whether or not Bishop established position.

Reaction Score
Donny has always been like that as a broadcaster whenever he has done UConn games. Obviously he is playing it down the middle, as he should. Sean McDonough is a Syracuse alum, and I never once got the feeling he was pulling for Cuse whenever he would broadcast UConn/Syracuse games on ESPN. It's called being professional.

Reaction Score
I’ve watched the last couple games with Donny Marshall commentating. I think personally he holds a grudge against Hurley/UConn. Almost roots against them. For someone who was a UConn great I would personally try to find positives not negatives like he does if you truely bleed blue.
He’s a KO guy. I do not believe bleeds blue. His commentary the past two games implies a grudge.

Reaction Score
I like Donny. To be fair, one could say he gave RJ way too much props as this elite scorer in the St. John's game with the early threes. I don't have any issue with him.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I thought Donny was tough on us today. I sense there is something there, but he seemed genuinely negative about UConn.

He is a color guy. I can live with him having an opinion, even if I don't agree with all of it.

Reaction Score
Donny has been real good in both games I’m not seeing what some are. Is there potential he makes sure he’s not too biased, I guess. But you have to be real picky to see anything much. He was so right in his assessment on our guys he playing much better offense when they didn’t allow the shot clock to wind down.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom