Dominique Malonga?!?! Coach Geno get her… (merged thread) | The Boneyard

Dominique Malonga?!?! Coach Geno get her… (merged thread)

Reaction Score
1666318229424.jpeg

Reaction Score
This is what I posted on July 8. 2022 in the "Need for a big (tall) thread.
"Watched a part of the France-Argentina FIBA U16 game Saturday morning.
France has a 6'6" center (Dominique Malonga) who is VERY impressive.
Slim but not weak, athletic enough to guard players effectively away from the basket. Good looking form (and results)
on her mid range shot.
Would be a definite player of interest for UConn, but I doubt that she'll go to an American college. Looks like the type of player that will play professionally at an early age."

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Do you have any info on her? She can dunk but what else can she do? What year is she? What state is she in?
Don, you're a better man than me. After looking at this clip, that's a question I never would have thought to ask. What else does she need to do? Like asking what else can Zion Williamson do besides dunk. :confused: I second WiseOne's motion for Geno to go and get her......NOW!! Even if it's for only one year. Who knows, maybe she would consider coming to America for one year to play with UConn. You never know until you inquire. You have absolutely nothing to lose. :cool:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Don, you're a better man than me. After looking at this clip, that's a question I never would have thought to ask. What else does she need to do? Like asking what else can Zion Williamson do besides dunk. :confused: I second WiseOne's motion for Geno to go and get her......NOW!! Even if it's for only one year. Who knows, maybe she would consider coming to America for one year to play with UConn. You never know until you inquire. You have absolutely nothing to lose. :cool:
I want a player who can do more than dunk. Look at Belibi at Stanford. Just how good has she been? I'll bet Geno wants more than that. If her fundamentals are good then, at her young age, she may have a bright future if she can do all the other things the good coaches require. Jmo.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I want a player who can do more than dunk. Look at Belibi at Stanford. Just how good has she been? I'll bet Geno wants more than that. If her fundamentals are good then, at her young age, she may have a bright future if she can do all the other things the good coaches require. Jmo.
Understood. One difference between Belibi and her. Malonga is 6’6”, Bellini is 6’1”. Not many 6-1 post players in D1 WBB. All I would need Malonga to do at 6/6 is defend the paint, get rebounds, block shots. She would not have to dunk to suit me. If she could shoot a 6-12’ mid-range jumper/bank shot with a 50% fg percentage, and all her lay ups and bunnies, I’m happy.

You can tell just from that short clip she has some athleticism. I’d take her as is, even if it was only for one year. If she could do that move from both sides of the lane, how many post players do you think could stop/defend that?

Are you suggesting that Geno would not offer her if she contacted the BB office and expressed interest in playing for him? We both know the answer to that question. Look at that video one more time and tell me Geno could say no to her.

Last edited:

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
LOL,
The fact that anyone would be questioning her fundamentals after watching that clip... Lord have mercy....
watch it again sir, take your time whilst doing so... play the video in slow motion if need be...
And then show me 1) coach who would not be delighted in having a big who moves this well, Pivots, head fake, REverse Pivot and then dunks without any effort... If she moves that well on offense just imagine the potential night mare she could be on defense... 17 years old but moves like a pro? LOL.... Geno would be a complete fool, to pass on a kid like this, if it was within his reach...

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
Understood. One difference between Belibi and her. Malonga is 6’6”, Bellini is 6’1”. Not many 6-1 post players in D1 WBB. All I would need Malonga to do at 6/6 is defend the paint, get rebounds, block shots. She would not have to dunk to suit me. If she could shoot a 6-12’ mid-range jumper/bank shot with a 50% fg percentage, and all her lay ups and bunnies, I’m happy.

You can tell just from that short clip she has some athleticism. I’d take her as is, even if it was only for one year. If she could do that move from both sides of the lane, how many post players do you think could stop/defend that?

Are you suggesting that Geno would not offer her if she contacted the BB office and expressed interest in playing for him? We both know the answer to that question. Look at that video one more time and tell me Geno could say no to her.
Check the second video posted, that kid is complete at such a young age, just imagine her with a stronger body.. finds the gaps and uses her quickness very well, she's basically a taller Gabby or Swin Cash... Sets the high screen or at least tried to on several occasions, finished with both left and right from what I've seen, Shot looked natural from inside the arc.. rebounds, what more can you want from a big wing? I'm just hoping she's not a Dawn Staley Fan :)

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
OK...'tis only highlights...but that second video is a WOW. Not yet 17?? Just develop
strength to add to the evident athleticism and skills and you might have something here. Uhhh..."might"...yeah right.
A Gabby connection for UConn?

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
This girl is something else. I would think Geno already knows about her and has been contacted about her. Shes 17 so college I would think is on her mind as well as her parents mind. As far as money well NIL deals pay pretty good. She will need to play against taller and better competition which she would get at UConn. Geno is well known outside the USA and with the international players he has at UConn as well as the scouting he and his staff have done overseas Im sure there have been some conversations. If he gets her I dont think he will be retiring too soon.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
LOL,

The fact that anyone would be questioning her fundamentals after watching that clip... Lord have mercy....
watch it again sir, take your time whilst doing so... play the video in slow motion if need be...
And then show me 1) coach who would not be delighted in having a big who moves this well, Pivots, head fake, REverse Pivot and then dunks without any effort... If she moves that well on offense just imagine the potential night mare she could be on defense... 17 years old but moves like a pro? LOL.... Geno would be a complete fool, to pass on a kid like this, if it was within his reach...
And she did it without even a chair guarding her.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
FIBA Youth European Challengers - An event must mean a set of games. So you will see averages for this set of games and averages for all the sets of games played,

Averages for
1666356595749.png

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I hope UCONN can get her but let's just get realistic for just one second here.
I'm struggling to think of any WNBA players that can execute that move-dunk off a spin move in the lane. Maybe Candace Parker circa 2010 version or Jonquel Jones a few years ago. I just don't think US college basketball is in Dominique's future.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Last edited:

donalddoowop

Reaction Score

My first reply was made before the second video and no I am not suggesting Geno would not offer her. Also, the first video did not state she is 6'6".

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
LOL,

I'll tell you like I told Carnac. My first post was made before the second video was posted. Just how many fundamentals do you see in the first video?

Reaction Score
I posted about her on May 2nd, i talk about three other payers to. Next season which start soon, she will be part of the Lyon professional team like last year, with Gaby Williams as teamate. To see the post, go to page #16 of the Boneyard, go on the post: 2023 Recruiting ranking so far, scroll down and you will find my post.

Reaction Score
I will add to my daily prayers that we not face her on a good team in the NCAAs. Please get her if available. Otherwise please leave her in Europe.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom