OT: Domestic Travel | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Domestic Travel

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I’m calling this now. This will not be over for at least 6 more months. Hopefully we can start to approach normalcy by the election.
Starting to think there may not be an election.

Reaction Score
I believe this virus will still be going strong then.
It may still be going on and go on for more than a year, having small outbreaks but I think we peak in 2-3 weeks and then have linear growth instead of exponential growth and then it will fade after some time. My point is things will have to return after a few weeks. We can't have this shutdown go on for months, it would be far more damaging than the hospitalizations and the deaths, our economy would be completely wrecked. It's why these next few weeks of shutdown/social isolation are so important and why it drives me crazy many people aren't practicing it and some whole states aren't really practicing it. It's all about spreading hospitalizations out over time instead of having it all happen at once overwhelming our health system.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Cancelled my South Carolina trip in April, and my trip to Ireland in June. Fighting with hotels and Airbnb to get my money back.

Reaction Score
I was going to go to Bosnia on April 10th, seems highly doubtful now. I guess I will wait until early July to do that, things should have returned to normalcy by then. If things are better by early May, will take a long weekend trip to Romania too, I guess that one is up in the air.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I was going to go to Bosnia on April 10th, seems highly doubtful now. I guess I will wait until early July to do that, things should have returned to normalcy by then. If things are better by early May, will take a long weekend trip to Romania too, I guess that one is up in the air.
Where are you currently? What is the situation

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Supposed to go to Orlando end of May. Feels unlikely.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Yesterday was first day in China that they didn't have any new cases since it started. Once we can get to that point we can be on the climb back to some normalcy.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Yesterday was first day in China that they didn't have any new cases since it started. Once we can get to that point we can be on the climb back to some normalcy.
First case was in November... I am very pro-social distancing at this point but keeping healthy people locked at home has a shelf date. More testing is needed to go back to normal

Reaction Score
So what exactly is the risk associated with travel? Is it the activity of sitting on a plane for a couple hours or is it more associated with the interactions while you are there (hotel, restaurants, etc)?

Reaction Score
Senior in college here. Was going to use the summer to travel to Japan, Italy, Switzerland, and Spain, but ended up canceling those about a month ago. Not sure international travel will be an option even through August. Thinking of doing a road trip in July to some national parks, but even that looks 50/50 (at best) at this point.

Reaction Score
Bill Gates thinks 2-3 months

He added that rich countries are being hit especially hard right now, but that with the right actions in place — that combination of testing and distancing — Gates estimates that within two or three months those countries should have been able to stamp out high rates of infection and start the economy recovery process

Reaction Score
I live in Sao Paulo, Brazil. I'm planning to travel within Brazil in about a week as long as airports are open. I've already had corona and several people I'm in close contact with had it at the exact same time. Brazil is mostly just testing severe cases, so reported cases are astronomically lower than actual cases. Therefore death rates are likely far lower than 1% in Brazil. But death rates will vary a lot by country because every population has different health levels and average age etc. In Sao Paulo schools are closed, but it's pretty much business as usual otherwise even though the government wants people to stay inside. People aren't listening. This will be a test case to see if herd immunity will work. Old people and people with weak immune systems are hiding while everyone else is building immunity. I fear for the usa when the virus likely will come back strong in the fall. Do we tank the economy again by shutting everything down? Or do we tell people aged 65+ and people with weak immune systems to hide while everyone else builds immunity.
Glad U r recovered!! How long did it take to test negative after your positive test? How severe were your symptoms? U r the fist person other than news reports so it would be nice to get a first hand report

Reaction Score
Monthly to Silicon Valley, and May to Milan / Venice: not happening.

Reaction Score
Where are you currently? What is the situation
In Serbia. People seem to be taking proper precaution but are generally taking things in stride as well. Supermarkets close at 6pm, if I understand properly and there are limited bus service which stops at 8pm. Most things are closed except for banks, markets, pharmacies and a few other things. I am working from home via Zoom now (kind of like Skype but seems to function better).

How are you?

Reaction Score
I had to cancel two trips to Medellin. Colombia has closed it's borders to foreign nationals. And now Thailand has closed all discos and massage parlors in Pattaya. Not sure how I am going to survive this!?!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
In Serbia. People seem to be taking proper precaution but are generally taking things in stride as well. Supermarkets close at 6pm, if I understand properly and there are limited bus service which stops at 8pm. Most things are closed except for banks, markets, pharmacies and a few other things. I am working from home via Zoom now (kind of like Skype but seems to function better).

How are you?
I saw there was less than a 100 cases there. If only we took those types of precautions when cases were in the 80s we’d be over it by now.

Reaction Score
I'm a teacher/coach and travel all summer/every summer usually.

I was going to go to Charleston/Savannah and the Florida keys with my GF, then a month or a little more in Kenya/Tanzania. Thinking I'll just stay home instead unless things change drastically.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Was supposed to be in California for work this week but trip was cancelled last Thursday. I had a trip to Vermont scheduled in April- that's been delayed as well.

Company policy has basically shut down all travel, domestic or international. Have two co-workers who were on a 2-month assignment in northern Japan. They were supposed to be coming home in 2 weeks. I'll be curious to see how that works out.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
I live in Tahoe, nothing is open, but you can get ripping deals on lodging. LOL
My son has a home in Carnelian Bay and we usually meet up to do some spring skiing at Squaw. I'm a CPA so can't usually leave until tax season is up. No filing extension so we're still stuck no matter what! He's been sending me great pictures of the lake and snow dump everyday!

Reaction Score
If everyone listens and isolates, I think we peek in under 4 weeks and things return to normalcy come June. If everyone thinks and acts like all of the spring breakers in Florida, it will be a year minimum.

Reaction Score
If everyone listens and isolates, I think we peek in under 4 weeks and things return to normalcy come June. If everyone thinks and acts like all of the spring breakers in Florida, it will be a year minimum.

People who dont cooperate with isolation should get arrested.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
This is my opinion too. If you want your normal life back give it up for a month and we can party on Memorial Day. If you act stupid now we’re toast.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom