OT: Domestic Travel | The Boneyard

OT: Domestic Travel

Reaction Score
Just looking to put a feeler out here.... Does anyone on here plan on traveling within the next month or so for work, vacation, or something else? Have a trip planned for the end of April, which is looking like a bust, but just curious on the rest of your situations.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Was planning to go to Montreal the first weekend in May for a bachelor party. Haven’t officially canceled that but yeah...not happening

Reaction Score
We have an annual fishing trip to Maine for a week each May. This year it was to be 16 guys. Given the current situation, 4 had to bail out due to health and/or financial considerations. We stay at a big lodge and have gotten to know the owner well enough to the point where he has relaxed his refund policy in our favor. I put the likelihood of the trip at 50%, even though it's 8 weeks away.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Booked to go to Europe the first week of June, which is definitely not happening. Looking to maybe do a road trip with the family instead depending how this mess pans out.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Will be cancelling Orlando in April and end of May trip to Spain unfortunately.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I just got back from driving a truck from Clearwater to Kingston NY for my daughter. She has a business and was down here with us on a buying trip. She was supposed to leave next week but we decided to move this week and glad we did. I am home now after flying home from Albany. THe flight was a quarter full so I am happy it took off because it easily could have been cancelled. I had my own row in the back of the plane and Clorox bleached anything near me. I am self isolating now. I have a nice bottle of Midelton's to accompany me! We are supposed to go to Ireland the end of May for a wedding but I think that might not happen. Be well all and please heed these calls to self isolate, sanitize etc,
Be well

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Was supposed to go to the USVI with the family for nine days in early April for a trip my youngest daughter has been begging for for years. No way that's happening, but I'm waiting for the flights to be canceled instead of canceling them myself, because I'm hoping for a refund rather than a credit good until December 2020, which is all they are offering right now.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
We have an annual fishing trip to Maine for a week each May. This year it was to be 16 guys. Given the current situation, 4 had to bail out due to health and/or financial considerations. We stay at a big lodge and have gotten to know the owner well enough to the point where he has relaxed his refund policy in our favor. I put the likelihood of the trip at 50%, even though it's 8 weeks away.
Which lake?

Reaction Score
Just looking to put a feeler out here.... Does anyone on here plan on traveling within the next month or so for work, vacation, or something else? Have a trip planned for the end of April, which is looking like a bust, but just curious on the rest of your situations.
My wedding is supposed to be in Charleston on April 19th. Good thing we spent two years planning it and the event insurance we were required to purchase doesn’t cover an outbreak. We’re paying either way so we’ll see what happens.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Post/avatar/handle

Curiouser
Reaction Score
My wedding is supposed to be in Charleston on April 19th. Good thing we spent two years planning it and the event insurance we were required to purchase doesn’t cover an outbreak. We’re paying either way so we’ll see what happens.
That's a bummer. I hope you get some relief from some quarter.

Reaction Score
That's crazy and sorry for the news. No mention of force majeure?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
7DA65E51-CF53-4ABD-B24E-A52E1BABDDBB.gif
7DA65E51-CF53-4ABD-B24E-A52E1BABDDBB.gif
Nothing like a social distance lap dance!

Reaction Score
My good friend is supoosed to be flying back to New Orleans from Thailand last night. His girlfriend who is originally from Thailand but lives in New Orleans has been having status problems to begin with and now they're trying to fly back during this. He was trying to communicate with the airline about flying through Qatar but nobody spoke English and he had no idea what to expect. It sounds like a nightmare journey.

Reaction Score
Oh man. Sorry.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
I am booked for a trip to Tahoe for 4-15. Want to go, probably won't be able to!

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
Had trips planned to Eleuthera in early April, and Bermuda in late April....both have been officially canceled by The Boss (though I agreed). Had a couple day trips for work out to Salt Lake City and Miami get canceled too. Brother up in Boston had a baby last weekend but he put the brakes on me going up there this weekend to meet my niece....travel of all kinds is pretty much off the table.

But hey, that just means more time watching my favorite internet sitcom: Boneyard Shenanigans (Where the angry and ignorant are always welcome...apparently!)

Reaction Score
Over the weekend, I canceled my April trip to Dublin.
Currently, I'm in CT for a family emergency. The airports were like ghost towns, the planes were half empty.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
Had tickets to a concert at Red Rocks outside of Denver on 4/27 but we cancelled over 3 weeks ago because of flying, Red Rocks cancelled all shows til the end of May this past weekend so I managed to unload my tickets before that happened and then booked a place on the beach in Panama City Beach, FL. for the first 2 weeks of May and plan on driving down to avoid flying. The city of PCB declared yesterday that they will be keeping all beaches open so I plan on sheltering my arse there for a couple weeks minimum.

Reaction Score
I cancelled St Louis for this week, Texas for the following week and Oklahoma for the week after that. I'll have to cancel a Kiawah golf trip the last week of April and a trip to Austin the first week of May. I agree with the sentiment that nobody should be flying anywhere other than for an emergency. Apparently, a plan has been worked up that sees this thing lasting 18 months!

Reaction Score
We have a trip to the Big Island of Hawaii booked for early June and have music festival tickets for late June and mid-July and usually go to music camp in late July. Too early to cancel but have doubts if any will happen.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
We cancelled a vacation starting 3/22 to SoCal and was flying JFK to LAX. Partly to a time share and partly to visit family. It meant cancelling a flight we used air miles on, a time share reservation, an Airbnb reservation and a rental car. We had trip insurance. We cancelled because my wife is in a relatively higher risk category and I’m in a risk category. The plane flight s our major concern. We had no trouble cancelling except briefly with Airbnb which ultimately refunded us. We didn’t need to use our trip insurance because we were fully refunded, but even our insurance company permits rebooking the trip within two years for the purchased policy. Now hunkering down except for walks. Be smart about this.

Reaction Score
That's crazy and sorry for the news. No mention of force majeure?
We basically told all our guests that if they can’t make it we understand. If the venue stays open and the caterer doesn’t cancel then I may just drive down there to eat the most expensive dinner I’ll ever have. We’re hoping the vendors make the decision for us so we can salvage some of the cost. Otherwise it looks like a small wedding will become a lavish dinner party for whoever shows up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom