OT: Domestic Travel | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Domestic Travel

Reaction Score
Cancelled a trip to Myrtle Beach for mid-April and rescheduled to mid-August (better time to go anyways). Wife’s a teacher and was going to go during her Spring Break which is obv not happening. Also had a trip for myself to go see my cousin in early May whose out in Chicago and have tickets to the Cubs game. Re-scheduled that to end of June also.

Reaction Score
Which lake?

We fish many of the smaller lakes that surround Sebago Lake. So far I have caught bass in 80 lakes and ponds in Maine. About half of them are in the Naples, Bridgton, Harrison area. Places like Little Sebago, Hancock Pond, and Thompson Lake to name a few.

Reaction Score
Trip to southern Utah first weekend of May, DoD personnel told no domestic travel til mid-May, outta my hands, so there’s that. Supposed to go to the UK for 2 weeks in July, waiting that one out for now. Both trips were fully paid, Refunds on most activities should come, but lots of planning going to waste.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
We fish many of the smaller lakes that surround Sebago Lake. So far I have caught bass in 80 lakes and ponds in Maine. About half of them are in the Naples, Bridgton, Harrison area. Places like Little Sebago, Hancock Pond, and Thompson Lake to name a few.
I have been going to Migis on Sebago for years love the area. I hope you get your trip in.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Was supposed to go to Barcelona next week to see my favorite band, Snarky Puppy.

Ouch.
Great taste. Both the place and the band.

Reaction Score
My brother was supposed to visit SD but he lives in Hoboken and the mayor shut down bars here so I told him to not bother coming. Next big trip would be to Upstate NY for my best friend’s bachelor party in mid-August but I’m afraid that might not happen... planned to be at the Saratoga race track. Then I have a trip to Vancouver planned in September, a cousin’s wedding in PA in October, and my friend’s actual wedding in Brooklyn in December.

Reaction Score
Had a "babymoon" planned in Bermuda in a couple weeks. Bermuda has 0 cases as of the last time I checked, but are requiring new arrivals to self quarantine for 14 days upon arrival. So... yeah.

Have long since presumed we weren't going.

Reaction Score
Had a "babymoon" planned in Bermuda in a couple weeks. Bermuda has 0 cases as of the last time I checked, but are requiring new arrivals to self quarantine for 14 days upon arrival. So... yeah.

Have long since presumed we weren't going.
Quarantine in your cabana? The service staff can wear gloves and N95 lol

Reaction Score
I also wish I read what flight insurance actually covered. Apparently pandemics aren’t

Reaction Score
Going to Cooperstown in early June to cheer on my wife’s first marathon and then enjoy the town.

My March Utah>>Colorado trip got canceled, so hoping this settles by June to go to Cooperstown for first time as an adult.

Reaction Score
Airline travel in a word - No

I’ll travel in a car and sleep in a tent in the woods.

Which I do sometimes anyway on business trips up north.

Edit: My summer time set-up - always hit the gym before meetings so that handles the shower.

4BA4C926-C40C-440F-B60F-024FC9D54745.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My brother was supposed to visit SD but he lives in Hoboken and the mayor shut down bars here so I told him to not bother coming. Next big trip would be to Upstate NY for my best friend’s bachelor party in mid-August but I’m afraid that might not happen... planned to be at the Saratoga race track. Then I have a trip to Vancouver planned in September, a cousin’s wedding in PA in October, and my friend’s actual wedding in Brooklyn in December.
The mid-August trip will happen. We can't shut down all air travel for 5-6 months.

Reaction Score
Have airline tickets to Orlando next week. Disney closed. Feel so bad for my kids. Have FEMA Dhs training scheduled in May in Alabama

Reaction Score
I live in Sao Paulo, Brazil. I'm planning to travel within Brazil in about a week as long as airports are open. I've already had corona and several people I'm in close contact with had it at the exact same time. Brazil is mostly just testing severe cases, so reported cases are astronomically lower than actual cases. Therefore death rates are likely far lower than 1% in Brazil. But death rates will vary a lot by country because every population has different health levels and average age etc. In Sao Paulo schools are closed, but it's pretty much business as usual otherwise even though the government wants people to stay inside. People aren't listening. This will be a test case to see if herd immunity will work. Old people and people with weak immune systems are hiding while everyone else is building immunity. I fear for the usa when the virus likely will come back strong in the fall. Do we tank the economy again by shutting everything down? Or do we tell people aged 65+ and people with weak immune systems to hide while everyone else builds immunity.

Reaction Score
Staying with divorced sister in law and her kids while we are waiting for our new home to be ready. Decided to go to FLA last minute bc we felt it was safer than piling in to her house with her kids (who also split time with their father and his family). Flew out from Boston on Sunday and had no complaints - flight was full but everyone was very conscientious. Only question now is how long do we stay here.

Reaction Score
I am booked for a trip to Tahoe for 4-15. Want to go, probably won't be able to!

I live in Tahoe, nothing is open, but you can get ripping deals on lodging. LOL

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Lol..let’s see. 6 weeks of business travel canceled. Bachelor party cancelled next week in Miami. Honeymoon in Spain for two weeks starting in June is all but cancelled. 200+ person wedding in May is on life support.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
We have a couple of employees doing “essential” travel. It’s pretty tough. Eating meals is a major challenge- you have to drive around looking for restaurants with takeout or settle for a grocery store.

Reaction Score
Cancelled a trip.to Florida and Prog Rock cruise for next week. Am supposed to go to Spain and Czech Republic (4 day music festival) early July - hoping it will happen but probably won't.
Ironic - retired early (after watching my husband die at the age of 58 and my dad at 61) so I could travel and enjoy life - then this.
Oh well - gotta make the best of it.

Reaction Score
I’m calling this now. This will not be over for at least 6 more months. Hopefully we can start to approach normalcy by the election.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom