• Yes

Votes: 257 71.8%
  • No

Votes: 101 28.2%

• Total voters

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I don’t get why people are surprised. We don’t have our potential All-American shooting guard.

Our offense will look ugly. None of the players on our roster has the potential to step up and be the guy - this was bound to happen once Bouk got hurt.

Reaction Score
I don’t get why people are surprised. We don’t have our potential All-American shooting guard.

Our offense will look ugly. None of the players on our roster has the potential to step up and be the guy - this was bound to happen once Bouk got hurt.
1. Bouknight isn’t injured

2. rest of roster can’t win games

Reaction Score

I'm not terribly surprised, even with Bouk we're a borderline Tourney team it appears, w/o him we're DePaul.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
1. Bouknight isn’t injured

2. rest of roster can’t win games
1. Bouknight isn’t playing because he got injured - we all know this.
2. That’s the reality of relying on Polley, Whaley, Cole, and Adams. They went unrecruited for a reason. They will have some nice moments, but they are who they are.

Reaction Score
Bouknight is currently counting money, no more games
Ok so if we were starting from scratch and this season was beginning without a top 10 player in the country and also no Akok (rumor was he was further along and that we’d see him in January), no one would be saying this was an NCAA Tournament team. So we are down two starters one of whom is a player of the year candidate.

Reaction Score
Team needs to find energy and a leader. Vital led last year, Bouk to start this year. Everyone just complacent in their roles and getting ran over.

Reaction Score
1. Bouknight isn’t playing because he got injured - we all know this.
2. That’s the reality of relying on Polley, Whaley, Cole, and Adams. They went unrecruited for a reason. They will have some nice moments, but they are who they are.
1. You really think that?
2. Agree the rest of the roster can’t win

Reaction Score
NIT , unless we win the BE tournament or win 7 out of 8 remaining games and get to the tournament final.

Not such an easy task with these 2 options.

If overall losing record, no NIT.

Reaction Score
Ok so if we were starting from scratch and this season was beginning without a top 10 player in the country and also no Akok (rumor was he was further along and that we’d see him in January), no one would be saying this was an NCAA Tournament team. So we are down two starters one of whom is a player of the year candidate.
I just don’t really believe that injury would keep a guy out for this time. I get that it’s a good decision for future money. No knock on that, just think it will hurt future recruits when this team dory’s the win another game. Just don’t see a win coming up

Reaction Score
NIT , unless we win the BE tournament or win 7 out of 8 remaining games and get to the tournament final.

Not such an easy task with these 2 options.

If overall losing record, no NIT.
If we win 7 of 8 we’d be 12-2 with Bouknight. Selection committee weighs injuries.

Reaction Score
I just don’t really believe that injury would keep a guy out for this time. I get that it’s a good decision for future money. No knock on that, just think it will hurt future recruits when this team dory’s the win another game. Just don’t see a win coming up
It won’t hurt recruiting. The guys coming in next year can call create their own shot. Still optimistic about that

Reaction Score
i love the supreme confidence..but you gotta be practical

i seriously thought the 16/17? a loaded team with dham, purvis, adams, the transfers would go far...

this team is gonna live or die on bouknight. the neymar of the big east
yeah, 15/16 team would thrash this team by 20 with bouknight

Reaction Score
Are we getting Nova & Xavier home games rescheduled? If we do and we have Bouk then maybe a miracle happens.

Reaction Score
We will not be making the tournament finishing our reg season with 8/9 losses.

Reaction Score
They will lose every single game for at least the next 4-5 if not the remainder. Season is over.
Pin this post. It needs to ridiculed as the season progresses.

Reaction Score
Are you
You're an idiot. And that is being kind.
Lol...we're not on par with Depaul without Bouk? Who exactly are we beating the rest of the way if Bouk doesn't play? Maybe G'Town if we're lucky.

Reaction Score
Are you

Lol...we're not on par with Depaul without Bouk? Who exactly are we beating the rest of the way if Bouk doesn't play? Maybe G'Town if we're lucky.
We were ranked with Bouk, so yes you are an idiot for saying they are boardline team with him.

We beat Depaul without him, we also beat Butler 2x. So again, you are an idiot.

Reaction Score
It won’t hurt recruiting. The guys coming in next year can call create their own shot. Still optimistic about that

I would say one of the three guys coming in next year can reliably create their own shot, not that it matters in the slightest in the context of this season.

Reaction Score
We were ranked with Bouk, so yes you are an idiot for saying they are boardline team with him.

We beat Depaul without him, we also beat Butler 2x. So again, you are an idiot.
"Boardline"? I agree we aren't a boardline team with Bouk.

But yes even with Bouk we are a borderline Tourney team, we hadn't beaten any good BE teams when we had Bouk and were ranked and with him maybe we win some (like USC) but we are not as good we thought either way.

Reaction Score
But yes even with Bouk we are a borderline Tourney team, we hadn't beaten any good BE teams when we had Bouk and were ranked and with him maybe we win some but we are not as good we thought either way.

They weren't a borderline tournament team with Bouknight. Christ almighty the basketball threads are the worst part of this board these days. Somebody start a new food thread.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom