Votes: 101 28.2%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
gotta get bouknight & akok suited up

then i’m not worried

Reaction Score

then i’m not worried
Just Bouknight for me. We were a top 25 team when just Bouknight was playing well and everyone else was meh. Now a lot of people have stepped up.

Also IW is the x factor. The games he’s realllly brought it: USC, Marquette, and @ Butler have all ended favorably.

Reaction Score

then i’m not worried
I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I think anyone expecting Akok to contribute this season is kidding him or herself. He sat out a while, then returned and was unable to contribute meaningful minutes, then he got injured again. Not sure what part of that inspires such confidence.

I don't know much abut basketball, and even less about sports medicine, so I hope I am way off base. I just don't see it happening.

Reaction Score
I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I think anyone expecting Akok to contribute this season is kidding him or herself. He sat out a while, then returned and was unable to contribute meaningful minutes, then he got injured again. Not sure what part of that inspires such confidence.

I don't know much abut basketball, and even less about sports medicine, so I hope I am way off base. I just don't see it happening.
i’m just thinking, worst case, a decoy
it‘s time to pull out a bag of tricks if there’s a chance of getting to the tournament and winning a game or 2

Reaction Score
i’m just thinking, worst case, a decoy
it‘s time to pull out a bag of tricks if there’s a chance of getting to the tournament and winning a game or 2
A bag of tricks, nope. Bouknight is back and Jackson is back, we have the talent to play with and beat anyone. Not making the tournament would be a major disappointment.

Reaction Score
A bag of tricks, nope. Bouknight is back and Jackson is back, we have the talent to play with and beat anyone. Not making the tournament would be a major disappointment.

Yeah I don't get the Debbie Downer "wing and a prayer" vibe from some corners. If bouknight is back at 100% there are maybe 3 teams in the country that i'd be nervous about them going up against right now, and none of them are in the Big East. It actually makes a team better when they get a lottery pick who is one of the best scorers in college basketball back, and even without him this team - while not without its challenges - is not a bad team.

Reaction Score

Really feel badly for Akok. He probably had a progression path in his mind that does not match his reality today. Hope he fights through this adversity and comes out better on the other side.

Reaction Score
Making it or not making it, is right now, not a foregone conclusion.

We have to beat some upper level teams in the conference to get there. If there is a BE tournament, we have to win some games there against an upper level opponent or two.

Obviously, the sooner Bouk plays and plays well again, and the sooner AJ progresses, I like our chances. This has to play itself out. No predictions as to the ultimate outcome.

Just win more games than we lose and win them against upper level teams. Beat Xavier, St. John's on the repeat, Providence at least once, and same for Villanova. Don't lose to GTown twice.

That should do it.

Reaction Score
Yeah I don't get the Debbie Downer "wing and a prayer" vibe from some corners. If bouknight is back at 100% there are maybe 3 teams in the country that i'd be nervous about them going up against right now, and none of them are in the Big East. It actually makes a team better when they get a lottery pick who is one of the best scorers in college basketball back, and even without him this team - while not without its challenges - is not a bad team.
This all may be true but it doesn't change the reality that we have to get a couple more quality wins. Unless our home ppd games against Nova & Xavier are rescheduled our best 3 games left are all away (Nova / Xavier / SH).

A win at Providence tomorrow will help but we need to beat Nova or Xavier & avoid anymore home loses to feel good about securing a bid. The home loses to Creighton, Hall & Johnnies have us on the bubble with little margin for error.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
i love the supreme confidence..but you gotta be practical

i seriously thought the 16/17? a loaded team with dham, purvis, adams, the transfers would go far...

this team is gonna live or die on bouknight. the neymar of the big east

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
i love the supreme confidence..but you gotta be practical

i seriously thought the 16/17? a loaded team with dham, purvis, adams, the transfers would go far...

this team is gonna live or die on bouknight. the neymar of the big east
15-16

that was a really good squad just ran into Perry Ellis and his children

Reaction Score
15-16

that was a really good squad just ran into Perry Ellis and his kids
nice. i ended up going the nova parade on broad street. short walk from my home.
the big east payback meant something but weird watching another team celebrate.

Reaction Score

14. USC
52. UConn
The Huskies have lost three of their past four but remain the Big East's mystery team: How will they look when star James Bouknight returns from the elbow injury that has knocked him out of the team's past six games? Whenever Bouknight comes back, Dan Hurley will need Tyrese Martin and R.J. Cole to continue sharing the scoring load. Both Martin and Cole have posted double figures in scoring in the team's past five games.

Reaction Score
Ha yea you NEED to win a game against a top 4 team in the conference without your best player lol. Gimme a break. Everyone knows we’re a different team with Bouknight, and people know we were a top 25 team with him. The supporting cast is improving.
They are not an ncaa team.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We’re playing without our leader and lottery pick, we aren’t good enough to win these games without him.

Reaction Score
We’re playing without our leader and lottery pick, we aren’t good enough to win these games without him.
This is a .500 team we’re playing. This season is about to get ugly

Reaction Score
If we go 4 wins in 4 days Or Bouk comes back Sat and we string some wins

We are officially off the Bubble on the wrong side at the moment.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Probably 5-10 spots away from a play in game after that performance

Reaction Score
I still say it depends on Bouknight and Akok coming back or not. If you had asked me at the beginning of the season if this was an NCAA team with no Bouknight or Akok I’d have said no way. If Bouknight comes back next game and they win like 4 or 5 games in a row then it changes.

Reaction Score
I still say it depends on Bouknight and Akok coming back or not. If you had asked me at the beginning of the season if this was an NCAA team with no Bouknight or Akok I’d have said no way. If Bouknight comes back next game and they win like 4 or 5 games in a row then it changes.
Bouknight is currently counting money, no more games

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom