Does UConn Make the Tournament

Does UConn make the tournament?

• Yes

Votes: 257 71.8%
  • No

Votes: 101 28.2%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
They weren't a borderline tournament team with Bouknight. Christ almighty the basketball threads are the worst part of this board these days. Somebody start a new food thread.
Based on what? We beat USC with Bouk and that's it, but we didn't beat any other team with Bouk that helps you get a bid.

In theory we are Tourney Team with Bouk but to say with Bouk we're beating Nova, Xavier, S Hall, Creighton is certain is BS.

I have no idea if we beat the top 4 in BE with Bouk and neither do you. It's pretty obvious his supporting cast is either not very good or not ready so it's all speculation if Bouk alone takes a bad team to the Tourney.

So yes I think we are a borderline Tourney Team with Bouk until I see different.

Reaction Score
They have a top 10 recruited team for next year.
This year is a mess for most programs - I think the 2021 team will be the foundation of UConn hoops going forward. Tough to blame Hurley for covid stops in practice and play

Reaction Score
"Boardline"? I agree we aren't a boardline team with Bouk.

But yes even with Bouk we are a borderline Tourney team, we hadn't beaten any good BE teams when we had Bouk and were ranked and with him maybe we win some (like USC) but we are not as good we thought either way.
Ok, confirmed, idiot.

Reaction Score
everybody
20A61B5C-0DED-4E72-9BD8-5F6D05E32DEB.gif

Reaction Score
My initial vote was no and of course it hasn't changed. Even if Bouk returns this team has no identity besides him. We have no idea whom is going to step up from game to game on offense and the defense has gotten progressively worst during the season.

Reaction Score
A player of Bouk’s talent elevates others’ games. Team is automatically in just about every game with him back and probably in but do we get him in time?

Reaction Score
I’m in the yes party unless Bouk is out more than 1 more game. If he’s not back for PC round 2 outlook is bleak.

Reaction Score
I agree you are an idiot ( your lovely word not mine). I guess the boneyard is not a safe zone for opinions.;)
You said a team who was ranked with 1 loss (to a top 20 team) was a borderline NCAA tournament. There is zero evidence to support your conclusion. You can have an opinion, but that does not mean it is right.

Reaction Score
I still believe the games without Bouk will not matter if he returns in the next game or two. The team is a tournament team with him. Not a tournament team without him.

Reaction Score
I still believe the games without Bouk will not matter if he returns in the next game or two. The team is a tournament team with him. Not a tournament team without him.
I agree. I've just lost all faith that he will be back in time

Reaction Score
I agree. I've just lost all faith that he will be back in time
Agreed. Tough to have confidence when the story is littered with mixed messages and what some call misinformation.

I gotta believe the fact that he's practicing is a good sign. I mean, if he's shutting it down, why practice? Likewise, If he's not close to game play, why practice?

Odd story. A bit of a turn off for me to be honest. I don't enjoy watching the Huskies get rolled. I dislike being teased about a potential Bouk return even more. Eventually I tune out the whole thing. My cynical side comes out and and I'm suddenly not interested in being jerked around by children (that includes coaches) who play basketball for a living.

Reaction Score
You said a team who was ranked with 1 loss (to a top 20 team) was a borderline NCAA tournament. There is zero evidence to support your conclusion. You can have an opinion, but that does not mean it is right.
Rankings from Dec to mid-Jan are not always great barometers, they are mostly a projection.....Duke, Kansas & Mich St were ranked in January as well until they started playing games against good teams. I simply have no idea even with Bouk if this team was a Tourney lock so borderline is appropriate without more than 1 win against a good team on the resume.

We can make the Tourney but it's a tall order with our best opportunity games on the road (Nova/Xavier/Hall) even if Bouk returns. See below....we are 0-5 against BE teams in the NET top 100 so far.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Borderline even if Bouknight comes back soon. What I think helps them is that the selection committee is going to favor major conferences In covid world. So if UConn and Loyola are on the bubble UConn gets in because, hey who is going to complain?

Reaction Score
Borderline even if Bouknight comes back soon. What I think helps them is that the selection committee is going to favor major conferences In covid world. So if UConn and Loyola are on the bubble UConn gets in because, hey who is going to complain?
If I had to guess, you will

Reaction Score
Loyola? And the Missouri Valley Conference?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom