Does UConn make the tournament?

• Yes

Votes: 257 71.8%
  • No

Votes: 101 28.2%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
All 3 of us
Well you better hope there would be 3 spots because they are absolutely taking UNC and Duke over UConn if we were to find ourselves in that situation lol

Reaction Score
The answer to the tournament question is definitely “it depends on if Bouk comes back soon enough.” And if both Bouk and Akok come back with enough games left we are in. Seton Hall is a good example of a game we win with two of our best players back on the court. Polley, as limited as he is, becomes a dangerous offensive player if Bouk is out there at his full powers

It was so easy to keep toll of Tyler by them today but as Vuce said, not as easy with Bouk out there. Then they have to choose carefully on their switches and chances. Really need Bouk back to be a tourney team period!

Reaction Score
KenPom has the Huslies at 35...UNC at 43....and Duke at 31..

I really don't understand the differences between Net and Kenpom....Duke at 66 in Net

Reaction Score
This basically proves my point. Everyone is talking about hypotheticals, who looks better than who, "would have"s, nonsense like that.

The committee only cares about W's and L's (and maybe a little of Kenpom). We could look great and lose against Nova, Xavier, and SH again, and miss the Tournament.

Nobody on the committee is going to give us the benefit of the doubt about Bouknight being out. We lost to Creighton with Bouknight, we lost to Creighton without Bouknight.
If Bouknight comes back and UConn plays great with him (Akok too for that matter) the committee will absolutely take into account that those guys were out for a bit. Yes UConn has to win some games obviously but having those players back will matter because we are a much different team with a lottery pick

Reaction Score
It’s funny to see if Bouk comes back we suddenly will win a lot automatically and PC sucks, Xavier not that good. Geez even with Bouk we’re not guaranteed anything. Many players are different than when he got hurt. Sanogos a lot better, Polley is healthier, is Gaff the one we saw today, is Andre that guy today. He still has to shake off rust, fit in and find another chemistry.

I like our chances a lot more but guaranteeing we will beat PC twice and suddenly Xavier’s not that good wow!!

Reaction Score
It’s funny to see if Bouk comes back we suddenly will win a lot automatically and PC sucks, Xavier not that good. Geez even with Bouk we’re not guaranteed anything. Many players are different than when he got hurt. Sanogos a lot better, Polley is healthier, is Gaff the one we saw today, is Andre that guy today. He still has to shake off rust, fit in and find another chemistry.

I like our chances a lot more but guaranteeing we will beat PC twice and suddenly Xavier’s not that good wow!!
If we don’t beat PC twice with Bouknight we aren’t going to the tournament.

Reaction Score
If we don’t beat PC twice with Bouknight we aren’t going to the tournament.

Ok that’s fair but if we beat them once and beat Villanova what does that do? I mean we aren’t that good we throw Bouks jersey out there and we beat PC twice it’s that simple. They aren’t half as bad as people would like them to be here.

This team even with Bouk needs to play really good to beat anyone. Good news is we have a better chance of playing really good with Bouk. But he had 40 in game too and we lost.

Reaction Score
Ok that’s fair but if we beat them once and beat Villanova what does that do? I mean we aren’t that good we throw Bouks jersey out there and we beat PC twice it’s that simple. They aren’t half as bad as people would like them to be here.

This team even with Bouk needs to play really good to beat anyone. Good news is we have a better chance of playing really good with Bouk. But he had 40 in game too and we lost.
Well this vaunted PC team you speak of just lost by 11 at home to a St John's team that everyone has been talking about how much they suck for 2 straight weeks

Reaction Score
I think our wins are more of an issue than the losses. 2-4 vs teams above .500 and one of them is Hartford. We don't have a tournament resume and need Bouk back badly. I'm not up to date with the Big East as a whole in the NET, but I assume Villanova, Xavier and Seton Hall are our only games left that would be Q1. Need 2. Assuming Villanova is a loss, Xavier and Seton Hall games are big.

Reaction Score
I'm all over the map with this prediction. I've thought yes, then no.

At the moment I think the games without Bouk are not going to matter. A month from now we are going to be the hottest team in the league and on our way to the tournament.

Reaction Score
I think our wins are more of an issue than the losses. 2-4 vs teams above .500 and one of them is Hartford. We don't have a tournament resume and need Bouk back badly. I'm not up to date with the Big East as a whole in the NET, but I assume Villanova, Xavier and Seton Hall are our only games left that would be Q1. Need 2. Assuming Villanova is a loss, Xavier and Seton Hall games are big.
Providedence on the road and Xavier at home could also potentially be Q1 games. Xavier is 35, needs to be 30, Providence is 85 and needs to be 75. So that's 5 potential Q1 games left plus the Big East tournament

Reaction Score
Just an FYI UConn did not move seeds for Lunardi after yesterday's loss

Reaction Score
Just an FYI UConn did not move seeds for Lunardi after yesterday's loss
That USC win is keeping us alive for now....USC keeps winning.

We'll need to get some quality BE wins (Nova / Xavier / SH) to stay in the bracket though imo. It's important that our postponed home games against Nova & Xavier get rescheduled otherwise will need to win on the road.

Reaction Score
Road record of 4-1 away from home (neutral/road) is helpful too. And I don't want to hear that road games don't carry the same weight with no fans. According to the metrics, they do count.

I will also say...we have no bad losses. St. John's recent hot streak has eliminated that. Yes we have beaten Depaul and Butler twice each. Creighton lost to Butler. Creighton lost to Marquette at home.

Reaction Score
Road record of 4-1 away from home (neutral/road) is helpful too. And I don't want to hear that road games don't carry the same weight with no fans. According to the metrics, they do count.

I will also say...we have no bad losses. St. John's recent hot streak has eliminated that. Yes we have beaten Depaul and Butler twice each. Creighton lost to Butler. Creighton lost to Marquette at home.
I agree, our resume is pretty solid as it is right now, and you have to believe the committee will factor in that we did most of this without Bouk. If we just do what we are supposed to do the rest of the way, we are safely in.

Reaction Score
I mean why would they not be in the tournament now? If the season ended today they really don't have any bad losses and are above .500. The issue that many have with this team is that they are running out of time to get tier 1 wins and there isn't much room for error.

Reaction Score
This basically proves my point. Everyone is talking about hypotheticals, who looks better than who, "would have"s, nonsense like that.

The committee only cares about W's and L's (and maybe a little of Kenpom). We could look great and lose against Nova, Xavier, and SH again, and miss the Tournament.

Nobody on the committee is going to give us the benefit of the doubt about Bouknight being out. We lost to Creighton with Bouknight, we lost to Creighton without Bouknight.
What a dumb statement.

Reaction Score
Expecting the committee to give us the benefit of the doubt is naive.
We have arguably an All American player, making all sorts of top 20 award lists, known projected lottery pick, and we have an above 500 record without him in the Big East. If you're telling me the committee will ignore that, than I'm not going to waste any time trying to convince you otherwise. It's obvious.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
sc shredded ucla (#21) by almost 20 last night.
and why do those talking aboot our injury situation never include the ajax part? what is he, chopped liver? i say foie gras. toss in a little montrachet james, and there u have it -fine dining, indeed.

Reaction Score

We need to do some work. With Bouk hopefully back tomorrow, as long as we win the games we are supposed to, we should be ok.

Reaction Score
Guaranteed tournament: Win 1 against Nova, Xavier, or Seton Hall, win both away at PC/Georgetown, and don't lose at home to PC or Georgetown (sorry, you must lose to Marquette).

UCONN has been on the outs a bit since they started using the NET and quad system, so you have to understand how they look at teams now. Doing the above puts UCONN at 2-3 Q1, 3-4 Q2, 4-1 Q3, 3-0 Q4. That'll get you in. Also means only 3 losses the rest of the season.

Dropping 1 to PC or Georgetown on the road probably won't kill the deal either.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom