Does UConn make the tournament?

• Yes

Votes: 257 71.8%
  • No

Votes: 101 28.2%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
No, I'm a realist.

We lost to Creighton even with Bouknight.

Getting him back will be huge whenever it happens, but we've put ourselves in a position where we need to come out and start beating people.

We have 8 scheduled BE games left. We need to go at least 5-3, including a signature win in one of the three games against the top 4 teams, to be in good shape.
Assuming Bouk is back for providence, this is my prediction, assuming we stay healthy:
2/10 @ Prov - W
2/13 @ Xav - L (may get cancelled)
2/16 Prov - W
2/20 @Nova L
2/24 @Gtown W
2/27 Marq W
3/3 @Hall W
3/6 Gtown W

that’s 6-2 to finish, putting us at 11-6 conf and 14-6 overall, with a Quad 1 record of 2-4 (unless @prov counts as quad 1, which would put us 3-4).
more than enough to be squarely in as a 8-10 seed.

Reaction Score
Better, yes. We still have to win games, like Villanova or Xavier.
Yes. And those games will be ridiculously difficult without Bouknight on the court. It’d be nice to have Akok as a shot blocker back too. And it’d also be great if we could play a game more than once every 10 to 14 days.

Reaction Score
Assuming Bouk is back for providence, this is my prediction, assuming we stay healthy:
2/10 @ Prov - W
2/16 Prov - W
2/20 @Nova L
2/24 @Gtown W
2/27 Marq W
3/3 @Hall W
3/6 Gtown W

that’s 6-2 to finish, putting us at 11-6 conf and 14-6 overall, with a Quad 1 record of 2-4 (unless @prov counts as quad 1, which would put us 3-4).
Probably higher if they factor in Bouks absence

Reaction Score
Yes we “lost”. But to anyone watching that game we were the better team and had Bouk never gotten hurt we would’ve beat them the second time
This basically proves my point. Everyone is talking about hypotheticals, who looks better than who, "would have"s, nonsense like that.

The committee only cares about W's and L's (and maybe a little of Kenpom). We could look great and lose against Nova, Xavier, and SH again, and miss the Tournament.

Nobody on the committee is going to give us the benefit of the doubt about Bouknight being out. We lost to Creighton with Bouknight, we lost to Creighton without Bouknight.

Reaction Score
What makes me sleep easy at night is that unlike some on this board the selection committee knows we are a completely different with Bouknight. Good Day

Reaction Score
2/10 @ Prov - W
2/16 Prov - W
2/20 @Nova L
2/24 @Gtown W
2/27 Marq W
3/3 @Hall W
3/6 Gtown W

That sounds about right, if we go 6-2. Not easy against that schedule even with Bouknight.

Reaction Score
2/10 @ Prov - W
2/16 Prov - W
2/20 @Nova L
2/24 @Gtown W
2/27 Marq W
3/3 @Hall W
3/6 Gtown W

Seton Hall is a stronger team than Xavier IMO. I think we win that. I’m not counting out a Nova win. We kept it close at their place last year with fans. And our lineup is better than last year across the board.

Reaction Score
This basically proves my point. Everyone is talking about hypotheticals, who looks better than who, "would have"s, nonsense like that.

The committee only cares about W's and L's (and maybe a little of Kenpom). We could look great and lose against Nova, Xavier, and SH again, and miss the Tournament.

Nobody on the committee is going to give us the benefit of the doubt about Bouknight being out. We lost to Creighton with Bouknight, we lost to Creighton without Bouknight.
But the committee doesn’t only care about wins and losses. It’s well documented that they factor in significant time missed by significant players. These competitive losses without Bouk aren’t hurting our resume the way some of you think it is. The college basketball world knows we are a tourney team when you add a top 5 player in the country.

Reaction Score
Some of you must have forgotten before Bouk got injured he was doing things like effortlessly dropping 40 on top 10 teams. Now he’s not the answer? Lmao
And they still lost. No one is arguing that with him on the roster they aren't better. You could make the argument that he's the best player in the Big East. However, you can't say he is the answer to winning these games. Offensively they have struggled all year. They struggled in the Hartford game, they couldn't score at the end of USC, lost to Creighton with Bouknight, had to come back down 18 to Marquette, lost to a hot St. Johns team.

Reaction Score
And they still lost. No one is arguing that with him on the roster they aren't better. You could make the argument that he's the best player in the Big East. However, you can't say he is the answer to winning these games. Offensively they have struggled all year. They struggled in the Hartford game, they couldn't score at the end of USC, lost to Creighton with Bouknight, had to come back down 18 to Marquette, lost to a hot St. Johns team.
Seton Hall, St John’s, and anyone not names Villanova aren’t as good as Creighton. My point is with Bouk we are probably around 12-2.

Reaction Score
Without a supporting cast. The whole talk was, who’s the 2nd scorer... well we found him/them. Sanogo, Gaffney, Martin. Jackson as an impact player.

Reaction Score
Without a supporting cast. The whole talk was, who’s the 2nd scorer... well we found him/them. Sanogo, Gaffney, Martin. Jackson as an impact player.
I don’t understand how UConn fan can’t understand something this simple. We are about to add an All-American and some are saying that won’t matter

Reaction Score
We will make it. Probably be on the bubble rest of year. Got to remember we may have no bad losses yet. St John’s on a roll and seton hall will make it. Gotta win Wednesday

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We will make it. Probably be on the bubble rest of year. Got to remember we may have not lost to a tournament team yet. St John’s on a roll and seton hall will make it.
Our best basketball is to come soon.

Reaction Score
We just can’t have any more interruptions.. we’ve played 12 games. 6 of which without our best player. Let’s play the rest of our schedule out. From what I’ve seen we will be fine. Bouknight will be an instant impact. Let’s all relax a bit and see where the season takes us. All is well.

Reaction Score
I'm worried we're running out of time. If we are on the bubble with teams like Duke and UNC, guess who is getting the nod over us. Win. Now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom