Does UConn get back into the Top 25 this year? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Does UConn get back into the Top 25 this year?

Is UConn ranked in the top 25 at any point through the rest of the year?

• Yes

Votes: 147 67.4%
  • No

Votes: 71 32.6%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
That's way too reactionary to a bad loss tonight, especially when we'll have Sanogo back for both games
even if we won tonight, away at xavier and hall might be our 2 toughest games of the year

Reaction Score
they shouldnt drop out.

we should see 5 teams from big east ranked on monday:

Seton Hall
Xavier
Nova
Providence
UConn

Reaction Score
Good to know we were a fake top 25 team in 2004, 2011, and 2014. Do we need to take the banners down?

Who said anything about those 3 years? You mentioned others were dumb lol wow maybe put the bottle down or something this makes zero sense.

Reaction Score
Who said anything about those 3 years? You mentioned others were dumb lol wow maybe put the bottle down or something this makes zero sense.
Jesus, I know it is a struggle with you at times, but I figured some simple connecting the dots was doable, but I guess I was wrong.

"By the way Real Top 25 Teams don’t lay an egg at home in front of 16K fans versus an unranked opponent ." - You.

Those 3 years UConn men's basketball teams all did that. You following yet? Or should I break it down even further for you?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
ehhhh i dont think we're winning at xavier or hall- maybe the 2 toughest games of the year. our next game at marquette is huge. for me it'll dictate whether we go 3-2 or 2-3 but i will remain optimistic either way w/ 14 more games to play after that stretch.
Providence didn’t think they were goong to win at us.

Reaction Score
Because they fought back from 15 down and should have won if they hit one of 3 open 3s in the last couple minutes and Jackson doesn’t miss 2 tip-ins at point blank position...if they didn’t miss 4 free throws in the last few minutes...And because Providence is a top 30 team so losing this kind of game, while at home will keep them in the top 25...and also without their top player....think I made my point.

Not that good???? At full strength, this is a top 15 team
What are you talking about? Jackson didn't have 2 tip-ins at point blank position. He didn't have any tip-ins at point blank position. Whaley had a tip in at point blank position off of Cole's miss, he bobbled it and then threw it out to Martin who missed the three. Jackson fought for a rebound with Horchler off of Cole's missed three but just couldn't get to the ball.

Watching the replay of this game and it's hard to believe how bad Gaffney was. He's been bad all season but this was just next level. At the end of the game he lets Al Durham blows by him for a layup and with 45.5 seconds on the clock Gaffney just stands with the ball and doesn't make a pass until just under 30 seconds left. This was his whole game in a nutshell, just bad pointless play on both sides of the court.

Reaction Score
We'll go 4-1 and everyone here will be back on board with optimism
I like the enthusiasm, I thought I was being too optimistic thinking 3-2 over that stretch.

Reaction Score
Jesus, I know it is a struggle with you at times, but I figured some simple connecting the dots was doable, but I guess I was wrong.

"By the way Real Top 25 Teams don’t lay an egg at home in front of 16K fans versus an unranked opponent ." - You.

Those 3 years UConn men's basketball teams all did that. You following yet? Or should I break it down even further for you?
I love your optimism. I'm serious. I wish more people would be optimistic on here. Including myself. My issue is, in all seriousness, the 04 team was clearly more talented than this one. Maybe our most talented team ever. And bazz and kemba had big wins against top teams early on and showed that we had huge playmakers. They all may have lost games in front of a packed home court, but the big similarities stop there.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Give us your top 25 teams, I promise I can tear it apart, especially given the haters standards for evidence and reasoning

Most of the hating fans are probably young, just don't know what they think they know

Others seemingly would be more content with Perno like years. We would be unbeaten, maybe once beaten, they'd be all giddy and totally oblivious to the reality awaiting them

I'm going to start putting the angry simpletons on ignore. No time to waste on their drivel. I suggest others do the same.

Last edited:

willie99

Reaction Score
Mau, you're a good man and a good fan. I trust you'll feel better in the morning :)

Reaction Score
Anyone who wants to see us at MSG in BET make sure you plan to be there on Wednesday.

willie99

Reaction Score
Another one bites the dust

We need an adults only forum around here

willie99

Reaction Score
Nah can’t see it. Lost to an unranked team at home and looked really bad. Voters have eyes can see we don’t have any scoring.

Do voters know Sonogo is out? Asking for a friend

Reaction Score
Mau, you're a good man and a good fan. I trust you'll feel better in the morning :)

You as well willie are, but I don’t. Discouraged at best I must say. And I have to watch the Giants get killed by my least favorite team. :rolleyes: ;)

Reaction Score

Yeah I’m following but let me break it down for you smart guy. We don’t have the players like they had and certainly not the coach most of the time. That comparison is beyond stupid lol

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Nah can’t see it. Lost to an unranked team at home and looked really bad. Voters have eyes can see we don’t have any scoring.

I would be shocked if 20% of the voters are watching a mid-December conference game where both teams are ranked outside the Top 10. They are checking out box scores, they will see that the game was close and that Providence is about to be ranked, and they will ding UConn UConn a little.

All these voters do is look at the wins and losses of each team in the last week and move each team up or down a little, and they probably spend about an hour a week on it, max. Do you think a writer in the south or midwest, who probably has to publish 5-10 articles/blog posts a week is watching every UConn game?

Reaction Score
Yeah I’m following but let me break it down for you smart guy. We don’t have the players like they had and certainly not the coach most of the time. That comparison is beyond stupid lol
You made a blanket statement with no qualifiers. But glad to see you now agree your original statement was dumb and inaccurate. Glad we are finally on the same page.

Reaction Score
I love your optimism. I'm serious. I wish more people would be optimistic on here. Including myself. My issue is, in all seriousness, the 04 team was clearly more talented than this one. Maybe our most talented team ever. And bazz and kemba had big wins against top teams early on and showed that we had huge playmakers. They all may have lost games in front of a packed home court, but the big similarities stop there.
Of course but that was not point or what I was insinuating. My point to the post was saying that a real top 25 teams don't lose at home unranked teams is quite possibly the dumbest blanket statement that has been uttered on this board.

Reaction Score
You made a blanket statement with no qualifiers. But glad to see you now agree your original statement was dumb and inaccurate. Glad we are finally on the same page.

We aren’t and won’t be. Please change to HeGotNoGame soon I will then understand.
Have a good day!

Reaction Score
Of course but that was not point or what I was insinuating. My point to the post was saying that a real top 25 teams don't lose at home unranked teams is quite possibly the dumbest blanket statement that has been uttered on this board.

You keep jumping to the top of the dumbest blanket statements uttered with every post. Thank you for your interest in UConn basketball.

I was worried about UConn being in the Top 20 when”also receiving votes” was huge to get your name in. So I do know this team right now wouldn’t even deserve that. I’m still waiting for why they do from you?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom