Does the Big East's instability actually make Connecticut a better pick up? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Does the Big East's instability actually make Connecticut a better pick up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
C'Mon....

burdseye is HFD, sober and all-cleaned up. My sources even tell me Warde commandeered the Men's BB academic advisor to proof read and spell check Dan 's work.
Couldn't have been HFD. Too organized and understood what was conveyed.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Obviously if logic were the driving force than UConn gets the invite. Delaney is logical. He'll see this and critique it. Doesn't mean an invite. But he will do his due diligence. Tobacco road - same deal. The rest of the ACC probably will be petty, stick with emotional issues and wonder why they we'll be chum in the future.

Reaction Score
Hmmm. I looked up @kyleslamb on twitter, that seems to be a different Kyle S. Lamb (or he just doesn't tweet about CR stuff)

That's me. I just don't tweet about it too much. Every once in a while, if I have something to add or something that I've heard, I'll put it out there. I just don't want to be associated with the run of the mill attention-grabbing twits :)

Reaction Score
By the way, for those that have asked me...I used to write for Scout.com for a few years and was a beat writer for Ohio State for 4 years prior, and in that time have made some very good contacts in athletics and media. If he's around, I think zls will vouch for my credentials as well :)

My stance is absolutely, positively UConn is on the radar. Don't know if they'll get an invite, as it might well depend on the timing of when some of the ACC dominoes begin to fall. But the Big Ten craves the Northeast corridor and they're willing to go past Rutgers if the cards fall correctly.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
By the way, for those that have asked me...I used to write for Scout.com for a few years and was a beat writer for Ohio State for 4 years prior, and in that time have made some very good contacts in athletics and media. If he's around, I think zls will vouch for my credentials as well :)

My stance is absolutely, positively UConn is on the radar. Don't know if they'll get an invite, as it might well depend on the timing of when some of the ACC dominoes begin to fall. But the Big Ten craves the Northeast corridor and they're willing to go past Rutgers if the cards fall correctly.

Thanks for stopping by to The Boneyard and sharing some insight. As you can imagine, Husky fans are starved for any realignment info!

Going B1G is where we want to be make no mistake about it.

Reaction Score
Thanks for stopping by to The Boneyard and sharing some insight. As you can imagine, Husky fans are starved for any realignment info!

Going B1G is where we want to be make no mistake about it.

There's some definite value in UConn for the Big Ten, but one just has to look closely. That's probably why a lot of Big Ten fans aren't picking up on it. Too many of them are looking at what has happened or what is, rather than what can be or will be. And that's why the Big Ten is making moves not everyone will agree with, because they're looking forward to what they think will be.

The Big Ten is looking to develop a league rather than take the most ready-made teams they can get out of the box. I suspect this is why people are so dismissive of UConn because it's a young football program and hasn't really had any sort of real success yet, at least on the gridiron. But while Connecticut's research credentials aren't where the Big Ten would demand, it seems they're also committed to vastly expanding them. And again, that's the kind of thinking the Big Ten is looking at IMHO. The two may be inter-related or they may be a happy coincidence. Either way, we'll see what happens.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
ahh didn't get caught up in this thread. good stuff in here.

b10 is adding uv and uconn. down the road when the b12 and fox go for the fill, the b10 network will help and goto 18 or 20. once were in, i am going to murder other fanbases with postings. #B1GSLAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom