Does anyone agree with me that DD is not as good as everyone on boneyard says he is | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Does anyone agree with me that DD is not as good as everyone on boneyard says he is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why doesn't everyone wait and see, If I'm wrong you can all say you told me so and if I'm right I can tell you I told you so.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I'm I'm 15 you are pretty pathetic, cause that means a 15 yr old makes more money then you. I don't know what you make but I'm fairly confident I make a lot more money then you.

Is this for real?

Reaction Score
I'm I'm 15 you are pretty pathetic, cause that means a 15 yr old makes more money then you. I don't know what you make but I'm fairly confident I make a lot more money then you.

Did this seriously pull out the "I make more money than you" card on an internet message board?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Would it be wrong to post a view from my backyard?

caw

Reaction Score
Stanley was no doubt a better athlete then both, but Harkless is a much better athlete then DD which is pretty evident when you watch both of them play.

I don't see it. I've only seen 3 SJU games, and Harkless is def. stronger but DD gets up just as high blocking shots and rebounding and runs the floor just as well. Harkless might have better body control, but if so it's not by a ton. Defensively, Harkless has been defending 4's and 5's while DD 3's, DD has been playing sound defense in the games I've seen.

Either way, your underlying assertion that DD is a bad athlete is just patently false. Harkless may be the better player but to say that at this time is just silly. We aren't talking Lebron and Luke Walton in terms of difference in ability.

Reaction Score
I love when people start comparing salaries on the internet to try to win a debate

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Yeah but have you ever made the Wall Street Journal because you are a husky fan???

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

LOL

Reaction Score
everyone needs to relax...hahaha...this is all so unnecessary...we cant judge a player 6 games into the season...lets put this topic on hold and look at it at the end of the season...wooohoooo GOOO UCONN!!!!!!!!

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
I was making 8.25/hour this summer! I bet I made more this summer then all of you did all year! HA!

Reaction Score
That should be "more money THAN you", not "more money THEN you". Maybe junior year English class will cover that.
Senior year, on the other hand, will focus on the minutiae of writing, such as whether commas and periods are placed before or after ending quote marks. ;)

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Daniels is a freshmen playing for Jim Calhoun

act like you know something about UConn mens' basketball already

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Mark has gone to bed - engage him tomorrow.

Reaction Score
I have this image of Mark watching UConn games with a game controller in his hand, screaming at the screen, unable to comprehend why the players aren't moving to his controls.

SJ

Reaction Score
reading this thread, smiling ear to ear almost all the way through. thank you, thank you for the laughs.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
We understand that you like Harkless but I feel as others have stated that Daniels is a very good player who we are pleased with.

Now go back to your board and talk about your team and players there. We in all honesty don't want to hear it.

Can anyone on the boneyard be subjective, cause there have been a number of analysts that agree with me and are talking about Harkless being a potential POY candidate in a year or two and I have yet to hear anyone say that about DD. So the FAB 5 were all freshman as well and 4 out of 5 of them had very productive NBA carreers - SJ's freshman aren't as good but their starting lineup is very good so I don't know what you are trying to prove. Harkless is shooting better from the field, averging more points, avg more rebounds, more steals, more blocks - the only categories DD is better in are FT% and 3pt%. I would be willing to bet anything Harkless makes the all freshman team for the BE and DD doesn't, I'd also being willing to be Harkless will have a better season and will ultimately be a better player then DD. You really think DD is one of our better defenders-I think you are drinking to much of the UConn coolaid. AD and Boatright are our best Freshman, AD will leave to go pro and may be the top pick in the draft based on his potential - since he's a UConn player should I say that he is better then Sullinger and Barnes (no-cause right now he is not. I think he has more potential then both tho)

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Not only do you not understand the meaning of words, you have logic and comprehension problems. That's gotta be tough, so I'll give you a break.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Do yourself a favor and don't post here within 24hrs of a loss ... we don't need your snap judgements or your analysis.

Harkless is averaging 34 minutes on a team full of freshman that are looking for a scorer.

Daniels is playing on a team full of sophomores (and junior) coming off a national championship and one of the most highly touted freshman recruits in UConn history and you're expecting him to come in here and dominate?

He's put together some nice games and at times has looked like one of the better players on the floor. If you can't see that then I don't know what to tell ya.

Go take a nap and relax before posting this bullsh1t.

Reaction Score
I've been saying this all along that Moe Harkless was a big loss and that DD is just not the same type of talent and player as Moe Harkless. I hope some people see this now - I know it's early in the season but you can tell when a player has talent and is going to be good and I don't see it in DD. He has slow feet, can't jump, can't create his own shot and can't guard a chair. The one thing that DD is supposed to be is a shooter and he isn't shooting well so far (considering they are almost all open shots) - he is only shooting 41% from the field, 28.5% from 3 and is shooting ok at the line at 75%. Right now DD may be shooting a little better from 3 and the FT line but Harkless is a much better athlete, defender, and can create his own shot - all Harkless has to do is improve his shot and you can improve your shot more then you can improve lateral quickness and overall athleticism. With that said, in the long run DD may be a good player to come off the bench and hit open 3's but I think he's too much of a defensive liability to be a starter-I think he should be coming off the bench.

Mark i completely agree with Daniels is slow footed, has horrible lateral quickness, and does not look like he can create his own shot. Whoever thought he is better than Roscoe is drinking too much coolaid. Roscoe is the best defender on the team, and brings toughness, rebounding, and all around solid play for UCONN. We need Boatright to start also because Shabazz is the slowest person on the team. He cannot drive past anybody because his athleticism is awful. He is a bench player who can make shots but definitely not a starter. Boatright's athleticism and speed will help this UCONN team.

Reaction Score
Mark i completely agree with Daniels is slow footed, has horrible lateral quickness, and does not look like he can create his own shot. Whoever thought he is better than Roscoe is drinking too much coolaid. Roscoe is the best defender on the team, and brings toughness, rebounding, and all around solid play for UCONN. We need Boatright to start also because Shabazz is the slowest person on the team. He cannot drive past anybody because his athleticism is awful. He is a bench player who can make shots but definitely not a starter. Boatright's athleticism and speed will help this UCONN team.

I think you already posted these thoughts somewhere alse didn't you arayan? Now try to lose this website because you're an idiot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom