Does anyone agree with me that DD is not as good as everyone on boneyard says he is | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Does anyone agree with me that DD is not as good as everyone on boneyard says he is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i don't want to get involved with the actual debate but this poster is clearly just throwing up and hope nobody calls him out on it.

i've watched EVERY St. John's game so far and i haven't heard 1 person say he's a potential POY. post 1 source that states he could be a POY?

my guess is the poster is like 15 years old, a St Johns fan or just incredibly out of touch. i mean i guess the 2nd part is obvious since he's judging players futures based on a handful of games.

also, his comments about the fab 5 made no sense. the dick in your mouth stuff leads me to believe he's probably 15 tho.

either way, good stuff, i enjoy reading nonsense.

Reaction Score
I can understand what your saying. I don't think DD has the opportunity to do that. He barely gets the ball. Today DD did take the ball to the rack and made the shot but they said it was a charge, I don't think it was tho. But Harkless is getting a chance to make more of an impact. Not saying you're wrong because stats and stuff. I do like DDs defense though.
DD's roll on this team is going to be to hit open shots, and I hope he can do so. Calhoun know's his players strengths and weaknesses which is the reason DD doesn't have the ball in his hand-he doesn't have the speed to create space and his own shot. And it's not cause he's a freshman, cause last year they had the ball in Lambs hands (to penetrate and set Walker up). Harkless is a good athlete and you can put the ball in his hand and let him create for himself or for others while DD is the type of player that is going to need to score when Lamb or Napier penetrate and kick it out to him for an open shot.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Mark - one more post like the one I just deleted may well be your last.

Reaction Score
Not to be a smart , but, Mark....

Objective: not influenced by personal feelings, interpretations, or prejudice; based on facts; unbiased

Subjective: placing excessive emphasis on one's own moods, attitudes, opinions, etc.

Reactions: SJ
Reaction Score
back on topic...

its amazing the way we treat freshman before they are freshman then when they actually play. when they sign they are 'the next great Husky' then when they are incosistent as freshman, they all stink or are busts.

its a couple weeks into the season... these guys are extremely talented and aren't in a position like Harkless where they can be the go to guy right away. many of these freshman are used to be stars with the ball in their hands every time up the court and are now learning how to play off the ball or as role players for the first time in their lives. the reason pg's take less time to adjust is because they always have the ball so not much changes, front court guys from the 3 to the 5 are being asked to do stuff that is brand new to most of them not to mention they are playing guys who are consistently as big as them for the first time in their lives. DD is a stud, he'll be fine and Harkless is a hell of a player as well.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Troll harder, bro. Sorry BC is 1-3 and is losing to UC Riverside.

caw

Reaction Score
Everyone of SJ's game every analyst talks about how good he is going to be. They are both 6'8"and play the same position. Right now DD has a slightly better shot but that's it, Harkless is a much better athlete that can slash to the basket and score whereas DD's whole game rely's on hitting open shots created by others cause he can't create his own shot.

OK.

Objectively this is my take on the two players. Mo Harkless has had a good start to the year. He is the #1 or #2 option on St. John's and doing a decent job as such. DD is the #4 or #5 option on UConn and also doing a decent job as such.

Mo is playing 34 minutes a game, DD 28 a game. Mo is averaging 15.2 and 6.5 with 1.3 assists, 2 steals and 1.7 blocks a game. DD is at 7.2 and 5 with 1.4 assists, 1 steal and 1.6 blocks a game. Both average 2.2 turnovers a game. Mo gets about 13 shots per game, while DD is a bit under 5 per game. Mo has a better overall field goal percentage, but DD has better FT% and 3PT%. Points aside, they seem to be producing about the same. Mo has a huge advantage in PPG, but he also is getting almost 2.5 times the number of shots and only producing 2 times the number of points.

Mo's good but not amazing. Looking at their stats, it seems to me that if DD got 13 shots a game, he would probably put up 15 pts a game (considering he is putting up 7 with 5 shots).

Mo is playing mostly the 4 and sometimes the 5 for St. John's, DD strictly the 3 with short stints at the 2. Mo is taking PF's off the dribble, DD is attacking 3's and 2's.

Mo is probably a better fit for SJU because he is bulkier than DD and can play the 4 while DD is more of a 3 atm, and let's be honest, SJU needs bigs. If DD can get bulkier/stronger next year, he will be better than Mo bc he has a better shot.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Oh how I've missed the trolls after a loss ...

Reaction Score
MarkT, I was too lazy to read the entire thread but knowing your past posts, I will state that you are a biased bag who has exposed themselves for having little knowledge and I beg you to stop posting.

Reaction Score
Mark - one more post like the one I just deleted may well be your last.
St. Johns plays tomorrow at 4, tape the game and watch it. And be honest with yourself when comparing DD and Harkless. You going to kick me out cause I don't think DD is as good as everyone on Boneyard says he is. Is the truth that painful? Lets make a bet, if Harkless is a better player (consensus wise) you post on Boneyard that you know nothing about basketball and I will do the same if DD is better.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
St. Johns plays tomorrow at 4, tape the game and watch it. And be honest with yourself when comparing DD and Harkless. You going to kick me out cause I don't think DD is as good as everyone on Boneyard says he is. Is the truth that painful? Lets make a bet, if Harkless is a better player (consensus wise) you post on Boneyard that you know nothing about basketball and I will do the same if DD is better.
Are you really this stupid? Do you think I said it might be your last post because you think someone else is better than DD? Really? You don't have a clue why I deleted that post?
And for the record, I've not taken a stance that either was better. In fact, I put a little graphic up in the other thread about this and was quite 'objective' about the analysis. But at this point, not only is it up in the air, I'm pretty sure you are a St Johns fan cause it's all you've ever talked about.

Reaction Score
OK.

Objectively this is my take on the two players. Mo Harkless has had a good start to the year. He is the #1 or #2 option on St. John's and doing a decent job as such. DD is the #4 or #5 option on UConn and also doing a decent job as such.

Mo is playing 34 minutes a game, DD 28 a game. Mo is averaging 15.2 and 6.5 with 1.3 assists, 2 steals and 1.7 blocks a game. DD is at 7.2 and 5 with 1.4 assists, 1 steal and 1.6 blocks a game. Both average 2.2 turnovers a game. Mo gets about 13 shots per game, while DD is a bit under 5 per game. Mo has a better overall field goal percentage, but DD has better FT% and 3PT%. Points aside, they seem to be producing about the same. Mo has a huge advantage in PPG, but he also is getting almost 2.5 times the number of shots and only producing 2 times the number of points.

Mo's good but not amazing. Looking at their stats, it seems to me that if DD got 13 shots a game, he would probably put up 15 pts a game (considering he is putting up 7 with 5 shots).

Mo is playing mostly the 4 and sometimes the 5 for St. John's, DD strictly the 3 with short stints at the 2. Mo is taking PF's off the dribble, DD is attacking 3's and 2's.

Mo is probably a better fit for SJU because he is bulkier than DD and can play the 4 while DD is more of a 3 atm, and let's be honest, SJU needs bigs. If DD can get bulkier/stronger next year, he will be better than Mo bc he has a better shot.
That was a good analysis - but DD just isn't a good athlete and you can only improve athleticism so much. It's easier to improve a shot (Harkless has pretty good form) then it is athleticism (DD has very little athletic ability). I don't ever see DD being able to create his shot (he's too small for a 4 and is slow for the 3), so I think Harkless has much more upside.

Reaction Score
Are you really this stupid? Do you think I said it might be your last post because you think someone else is better than DD? Really? You don't have a clue why I deleted that post?
And for the record, I've not taken a stance that either was better. In fact, I put a little graphic up in the other thread about this and was quite 'objective' about the analysis. But at this point, not only is it up in the air, I'm pretty sure you are a St Johns fan cause it's all you've ever talked about.
I'm not a SJ fan, I'm a UConn fan. I get annoyed by posters on the Boneyard talking about DD being a stud when I don't see it. AD and Boatright are going to be our most important and best freshman. I was implying that you are mad that you can't handle the truth so you deleted my post.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score

Do yourself a favor and don't post here within 24hrs of a loss ... we don't need your snap judgements or your analysis.

Harkless is averaging 34 minutes on a team full of freshman that are looking for a scorer.

Daniels is playing on a team full of sophomores (and junior) coming off a national championship and one of the most highly touted freshman recruits in UConn history and you're expecting him to come in here and dominate?

He's put together some nice games and at times has looked like one of the better players on the floor. If you can't see that then I don't know what to tell ya.

Go take a nap and relax before posting this bullsh1t.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I'm not a SJ fan, I'm a UConn fan. I get annoyed by posters on the Boneyard talking about DD being a stud when I don't see it. AD and Boatright are going to be our most important and best freshman. I was implying that you are mad that you can't handle the truth so you deleted my post.
Not only do you not understand the meaning of words, you have logic and comprehension problems. That's gotta be tough, so I'll give you a break.

Reaction Score
MarkT, I was too lazy to read the entire thread but knowing your past posts, I will state that you are a biased bag who has exposed themselves for having little knowledge and I beg you to stop posting.
Its funny you are saying I'm biased - I have said in the past that I think RS should start and that AD will be very good, prob the number 1 pick. If anyone is biased it is you, I'm a UConn fan but I can realize when someone is overrated while you look at everything through your UConn glasses. You were probably talking about how good Jamal Coombs-McDaniel was gonna be, look where he is now. You probably never played the game and don't watch any BBall other then UConn and have no idea how to recognize talent.

caw

Reaction Score
That was a good analysis - but DD just isn't a good athlete and you can only improve athleticism so much. It's easier to improve a shot (Harkless has pretty good form) then it is athleticism (DD has very little athletic ability). I don't ever see DD being able to create his shot (he's too small for a 4 and is slow for the 3), so I think Harkless has much more upside.

Errr, DD is a pretty darn good athlete, easily as good as Harkless (unless you are the type of person who thought Stanley Robinson was a bad athlete, inside joke if you don't follow some silly comments by people on here, BTW: neither Harkless nor DD are close to as good of an athlete as Stanley). I'm not sure what you've been watching but DD can jump just fine and has a good first step.

DD's problem with creating his shot, compared to Harkless, is two-fold: 1) he does dribble the ball too high and I think higher than Harkless, (which is correctable) and 2) he is driving or trying to attack 2's and 3's, not 4's and 5's, who move their feet quicker.

I think Harkless may be an inch or so taller than DD though. I like Harkless as a player. I think he will be a darn good player, but I don't think he is POY good (BE 1st team in two years is possible, if there is a BE).

Reaction Score
Not only do you not understand the meaning of words, you have logic and comprehension problems. That's gotta be tough, so I'll give you a break.
Ok genius, get back to you pathetic life. We can make a bet, if I'm right you post that you know nothing about BBall and I'll do the same if I'm wrong. Otherwise get back to your 50-60k a year job and have a good life, no need to respond to any of my posts.

Reaction Score
Its funny you are saying I'm biased - I have said in the past that I think RS should start and that AD will be very good, prob the number 1 pick. If anyone is biased it is you, I'm a UConn fan but I can realize when someone is overrated while you look at everything through your UConn glasses. You were probably talking about how good Jamal Coombs-McDaniel was gonna be, look where he is now. You probably never played the game and don't watch any BBall other then UConn and have no idea how to recognize talent.

DD could be the best or worst player of all time at UConn. to make a post after a handful of games is just idiotic. give the kid a few months to get his feet wet, sheesh.
Okafor was a bumbling fool (exagerrating obv) who wasn't supposed to be worth a damn when he came in and ended up being one of the most dominant big men in the history of college hoops. i bet you recognized that after his 6th game? its possible for guys to progress and we have a coach with a pretty good history of helping players progress, slightly better than Lavin, lol.

Reaction Score
Errr, DD is a pretty darn good athlete, easily as good as Harkless (unless you are the type of person who thought Stanley Robinson was a bad athlete, inside joke if you don't follow some silly comments by people on here, BTW: neither Harkless nor DD are close to as good of an athlete as Stanley). I'm not sure what you've been watching but DD can jump just fine and has a good first step.

DD's problem with creating his shot, compared to Harkless, is two-fold: 1) he does dribble the ball too high and I think higher than Harkless, (which is correctable) and 2) he is driving or trying to attack 2's and 3's, not 4's and 5's, who move their feet quicker.

I think Harkless may be an inch or so taller than DD though. I like Harkless as a player. I think he will be a darn good player, but I don't think he is POY good (BE 1st team in two years is possible, if there is a BE).
Stanley was no doubt a better athlete then both, but Harkless is a much better athlete then DD which is pretty evident when you watch both of them play.

Reaction Score
Ok genius, get back to you pathetic life. We can make a bet, if I'm right you post that you know nothing about BBall and I'll do the same if I'm wrong. Otherwise get back to your 50-60k a year job and have a good life, no need to respond to any of my posts.

yup, you're 15.

Reaction Score
yup, you're 15.
I'm I'm 15 you are pretty pathetic, cause that means a 15 yr old makes more money then you. I don't know what you make but I'm fairly confident I make a lot more money then you.

Reaction Score
I'm I'm 15 you are pretty pathetic, cause that means a 15 yr old makes more money then you. I don't know what you make but I'm fairly confident I make a lot more money then you.

you have major insecurity issues. someone needed a few more hugs growing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom