Dodgers Justin Turner | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Dodgers Justin Turner

Reaction Score
Yeah, I wouldn't skip the world series celebrations due to testing positive for Covid either. Work your butt off your whole life to climb on top of the mountain only to not share in the success with your brothers for fear of giving them a disease that is of no real threat to any of them? Yeah, right.
There is no 'I' in Team.

His teammates do have families, some who may have vulnerable members.

Reaction Score
There is no 'I' in Team.

His teammates do have families, some who may have vulnerable members.

Well hopefully thy are all responsible adults and celebrate accordingly its not like they can go out into public in California at least. Maybe go to an island for 2 weeks and celebrate. I dont blame Turner here they just won the world series.

Should he have worn a mask probably looked like he was trying to then decided to take it off, tough spot to be in in the heat of the moment. He was told during the game in the 7th inning not before. It would be like telling Shabazz in 2014 championship with 5 minutes to go, "you have to come out of the game".

Reaction Score
Well hopefully thy are all responsible adults and celebrate accordingly its not like they can go out into public in California at least. Maybe go to an island for 2 weeks and celebrate. I dont blame Turner here they just won the world series.
I'm not sure how to celebrate safely, and of course no one is thinking right at that moment. Best thing for him is to own it, apologize and try and make things right. Hopefully nothing results from it.

I can't blame him, but it doesn't stop it from being a bad stupid action/decision.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Justin Turner was completely irresponsible to be participating in the celebrations maskless and kissing people.
Theres a lot of that going on. Im honestly not surprised. Id make further comments but i dont want to get banned.

Reaction Score
There is a direct correlation between mortality rate and viral load as well. If one brief encounter may have gotten someone sick, a series of encounters would contribute to higher viral loads. Higher viral loads are associated with worse outcomes especially with covid.

Reaction Score
I missed the part where each of his teammates were polled and unanimously wanted him out there.
Just wear a freaking mask!
I mean honestly everyone was already exposed to him, probably several times... Yeah it was foolish for him to go back out there but realistically the players would have already been exposed. He also just won the World Series... Would be surprised if he was the only player with Covid at the time unless it was a false positive also- if the virus is as contagious as they say.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
I have a hunch this will be a false positive. Still seems selfish, though. Some have made far greater sacrifices then missing a baseball celebration during this pandemic.

Reaction Score
I have a hunch this will be a false positive. Still seems selfish, though. Some have made far greater sacrifices then missing a baseball celebration during this pandemic.
This was a world series celebration not just a baseball celebration. They pour their blood, sweat and tears into this for 30 years at the opportunity to reach that mountain top and some never get there. He/ the team may never experience this again. This is a once in a lifetime achievement for most

Theres a different type of brotherhood/ family in baseball than any other sport. 9 months playing sometimes and away from your real family while grinding and traveling for 162 games

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
This was a world series celebration not just a baseball celebration. They pour their blood, sweat and tears into this for 30 years at the opportunity to reach that mountain top and some never get there. He/ the team may never experience this again. This is a once in a lifetime achievement for most

Theres a different type of brotherhood/ family in baseball than any other sport. 9 months playing sometimes and away from your real family while grinding and traveling for 162 games
Boohoo ppl are losing their businesses, livelihoods and family members.

Last edited:

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score

And he may have insured it's a once in a lifetime experience for some....

Reaction Score
I'm not sure if you actually read the article, but it's not helping your argument
Outside transmission are extremely rare except where social distancing isn't followed.

He already infected his teammates from the time he got to the ballpark at probably noon. Ate pregame meals together, in clubhouse together, showers, horsed around, took BP, tossed ball around, pictures together, in dugout, ect for 10 hours.

The 30 minute on field celebration literally had zero impact. Still should have put on mask after finding out but the damage was already done

Reaction Score
Outside transmission are extremely rare except where social distancing isn't followed.

He already infected his teammates from the time he got to the ballpark at probably noon. Ate pregame meals together, in clubhouse together, showers, horsed around, took BP, tossed ball around, pictures together, in dugout, ect for 10 hours.

The 30 minute on field celebration literally had zero impact. Still should have put on mask after finding out but the damage was already done
That article is saying outside transmission is rare, except in cases of close contact when outdoors. Like for example, posing for pictures and hugging teammates outdoors.

You keep focusing on how he probably already infected his teammates so who cares what he did. For those teammates he did infect, sure that makes sense. What about the ones who hadn't gotten it yet and now are hugging him? You'd have to agree they're at risk by being on the field with him right?

Reaction Score
does anyone have a link to how he got Covid in a bubble in the first place? i don't know if this is the right way to approach it, but i feel like my opinion on him would be considerably different if he 1. knowingly broke bubble protocols and got it that way and then 2. knowingly broke bubble protocols and celebrated on the field afterwards

Reaction Score
That article is saying outside transmission is rare, except in cases of close contact when outdoors. Like for example, posing for pictures and hugging teammates outdoors.

You keep focusing on how he probably already infected his teammates so who cares what he did. For those teammates he did infect, sure that makes sense. What about the ones who hadn't gotten it yet and now are hugging him? You'd have to agree they're at risk by being on the field with him right?
The whole team was aware he tested positive they made a decision knowing he was positive

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I mean honestly everyone was already exposed to him, probably several times... Yeah it was foolish for him to go back out there but realistically the players would have already been exposed. He also just won the World Series... Would be surprised if he was the only player with Covid at the time unless it was a false positive also- if the virus is as contagious as they say.
I get it. But just wear a mask. People' exposure could be additive. Because he may have infected part of the team is no reason to expose the rest of them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom