Dodgers Justin Turner | The Boneyard

Dodgers Justin Turner

Reaction Score
They took him out in the 9th inning because he tested positive for Covid, that's pretty damn strange.

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20201028-001651_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reaction Score
Just turned on SportsCenter and saw that news, then the video of him in the celebration... WTF is up with that?

Reaction Score
Shame on ESPN for clickbaiting this story. Dodgers win the freakin’ World Series and Turner’s positive test is the “top story”.

Reaction Score
Ah...finally we now know the reason why the Mutz released him !!!
An organization that never needs a 3rd baseman.

Reaction Score
Shame on ESPN for clickbaiting this story. Dodgers win the freakin’ World Series and Turner’s positive test is the “top story”.
Its not like they're hiding the fact that the Dodgers won, analysis of their victory is all over the ESPN homepage. Are you suggesting that a star player getting pulled in the middle of the deciding World Series game for testing positive for a highly contagious disease isn't a huge story? The pandemic has completely changed the format and feeling of the season and it seems only fitting that it would come into play again at the very end.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I wouldn't skip the world series celebrations due to testing positive for Covid either. Work your butt off your whole life to climb on top of the mountain only to not share in the success with your brothers for fear of giving them a disease that is of no real threat to any of them? Yeah, right.

Reaction Score
If as a teammate he wanted to keep the focus on their accomplishment, he could have/should have stayed in the locker room

Reaction Score
If as a teammate he wanted to keep the focus on their accomplishment, he could have/should have stayed in the locker room
The focus is still on the accomplishment. A few of you will pretend to care for a day or so while he gets to have a lifelong memory of fulfilling (what I imagine to be) a lifelong dream.

Reaction Score
They weren't going to let Turner stay by himself in the locker room, he probably should've worn a mask the whole time but the Dodgers demanded he was out on the field celebrating with them.

Reaction Score
I get it. I'd probably have gone out to celebrate as well. (But I wouldn't have taken my mask off to kiss people....)

But they all better quarantine now. Ideally together. Head to a beach somewhere or something to celebrate in lieu of parade.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yeah, I wouldn't skip the world series celebrations due to testing positive for Covid either. Work your butt off your whole life to climb on top of the mountain only to not share in the success with your brothers for fear of giving them a disease that is of no real threat to any of them? Yeah, right.
What other excuses to proper protocols by a COVID-positive person would you be good with? Not only should the guy not been on the field, he shouldn't have been in the clubhouse. It's a good illustration of why we are failing the COVID test as a country. Everyone has an exception for themselves. It all adds up.

Reaction Score
Bizarre, if LA werent ahead in the 9th, wonder if they would of still pulled him or pretended like they only got the news after the game? At that point he had basically been interacting with everyone as if nothing happened.

Reaction Score
The focus is still on the accomplishment. A few of you will pretend to care for a day or so while he gets to have a lifelong memory of fulfilling (what I imagine to be) a lifelong dream.
I could care less what he did. My comment was more in reference to people complaining about ESPN “click baiting” the story. It’s basically the biggest thing in America right now. If people are mad this is a story, there would have been an easy way to avoid it being one....

Reaction Score
Tell that to Ryquell Armstead or Eduardo Rodriguez. Also, maybe Bellinger or Betts pick it up and then get a congratulaory hug from mom or grandma in a few days. This way of thinking is part of the reason we are in such a mess. It's a domino effect. It doesn't stop with one infection. I can't believe some people still don't get this or worse get it and just don't care.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Tell that to Ryquell Armstead or Eduardo Rodriguez. Also, maybe Bellinger or Betts pick it up and then get a congratulaory hug from mom or grandma in a few days. This way of thinking is part of the reason we are in such a mess. It's a domino effect. It doesn't stop with one infection. I can't believe some people still don't get this or worse get it and just don't care.

It's THE reason. Selfish and short-sighted. Me, right now, is the only thing that matters.

Reaction Score
just gotta hope they all take the proper precautions from here until they're cleared---i can see how in the moment you may think you're special or different or that it won't matter. maybe they all were okay with it? but even if they were, every single one of them is responsible for their own next step. they know they were exposed, they know they could potentially pass it on to whomever they are in contact with for the next 14 days. there really isn't a gray area once you know you've been exposed to it....either you care about other people or you don't

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom