Do You Agree With Charlie Creme? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Do You Agree With Charlie Creme?

Reaction Score
I never agree with CC. I am finding it harder and harder to believe that Baylor will not get a #1 seed, especially if they beat Texas tonight. Are you telling me that the committee is not going to give the AP #2 team a #1 seed. Even with the Wallace injury. Why should N.D get a #1 seed ?
There is a reason that CC is invited to discuss these things with the committee. ESPN wants some say into the tv matchups.

• The AP rank has no relevance. In 1998, AP #4 LaTech was a 3 seed.
  • Creme does not meet with the committee during selection season. ESPN has no input on matchups.
  • ND has played the toughest schedule in the country.
  • They have beaten Florida St (x2), So Carolina, Tenn, NC St, Duke, Oregon St, Marquette, DePaul, USF
  • Their only losses are to #1 seeds

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I also agree that SC's win yesterday earned the Gamecocks a trip to any place other than Albany. Assuming that Baylor beats TX for the 3rd time tonight, and UConn wins tonight and tomorrow, I think TX heads to Albany. Baylor goes to KC for a clash of the titans with MS St. Louisville and SC go to Lexington and ND and OR end up in Spokane.

I like this setup, particularly if UConn comes out of Albany, as expected, and faces either ND or OR in the National semifinal.
That's a pretty big assumption. The last game was very competitive and Baylor lost their starting PG. Not saying Texas will win, but I'd not be surprised to see either team win, and I'm not sure Baylor, without Wallace, is favored by more than a few points....

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
That's a pretty big assumption. The last game was very competitive and Baylor lost their starting PG. Not saying Texas will win, but I'd not be surprised to see either team win, and I'm not sure Baylor, without Wallace, is favored by more than a few points....
While I agree with your assessment, I feel that Kim is a better coach than Karen Aston, and that’ll be the difference.

Reaction Score
I think CC is trying to mind read the committee, rather than stating his true preferences. Baylor is this year’s recipient of the Brenda Frese Smackdown Award. They’re being punished for a really lame OOC schedule. Brenda seems to have gotten the message, although the Terps completely scuppered their shot at hosting. So where do you send Baylor, the strongest #2 seed? Spokane would make the most sense, since ND is the weakest #1 seed, but that would mean that Oregon would have to play somewhere outside the Northwest. Can’t send them to Albany, since UConn is the overall #1 seed. That leaves KC and Lexington. With MSSU’s loss, they may drop to 3rd #1 seed, and it would make more sense to have Baylor play in KC. As for Texas, they might head to Albany and SC might go to Lexington. In other words, there are other considerations besides logic here, I.e., filling as many seats as possible.

Reaction Score
Big Baylor fan tonight! Seems pretty unfair to place the defending national champs agaisnt the odds on favorite to win it this year. Had SC lost yesterday I would argue that Texas deserves to go to Kansas City. But not only should the Committee weigh the teams body of work but fan base and potential matchups. I think placing Baylor in the KC region with MS St. would be a great matchup again and as well as SC vs Louisville in Lexington.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Don't misunderstand me. I love A'ja. I love her game, her personality, how she deals with others, her family. I love Dawn and what she's building down there. I love that passionate fanbase that WCBB needs more of. But honestly, she can try to put that team on her back against UConn and score 40 with 30 shots and they'll still lose by 20. By the 4th quarter it'll be a layup drill for UConn with the rest of the players on SCar unable to score, since they haven't been involved for the first 3Q's.
20? You’re too kind...

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Maybe the smog is bad today and you misremembered but Baylor had the second game on 7-12 point advantage from the end of the 3rd quarter on and was never seriously challenged. I agree Wallace was their Kia, however they also have a very good freshmanMorris who is playing very well so I don’t think they miss a beat here. I am rooting for Texas but my money is heavily on BU!

Reaction Score
Are there any Duke fans besides @triaddukefan ? Even @CamrnCrz1974 seems to have wavered under JPM. :)
Cant speak fot Tri or Cam, but I will say these last few years have been rough in terms of post season success and injuries.

I do continuously find some time throughout the day to visit this board, just haven't had to much to say haha. Imo, this is the best source of insight to the sport.

Reaction Score
I have no idea how Dayton is in the Tournament.
They have zero wins against anyone other than a 10 seed Virginia, who I am not certain should be there either.
They have losses vs St. Louis 121 RPI and George Washington in the A-10 tournament. GW had a 89 RPI going into that game and was a 5 seed vs a 1 seed. The St Louis loss came at the end of the year too.
Nothing on their resume gets them in the NCAA, IMO.

Does anyone see something I dont?
I thought the same about Dayton. They beat Virginia but Virginia stinks. They really do. No offense or shooters.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I have no idea how Dayton is in the Tournament.
They have zero wins against anyone other than a 10 seed Virginia, who I am not certain should be there either.
They have losses vs St. Louis 121 RPI and George Washington in the A-10 tournament. GW had a 89 RPI going into that game and was a 5 seed vs a 1 seed. The St Louis loss came at the end of the year too.
Nothing on their resume gets them in the NCAA, IMO.

Does anyone see something I dont?
I don't understand it at all either.

If they're giving bids to teams that have only one good win, how does Dayton get placed ahead of Oklahoma, who has a win against a much better team (South Florida) than Virginia?

If they do let Dayton in, it's only because of a high RPI (33), but again Oklahoma is even higher (32).

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
I laud @JavaMan for his efforts to enlighten us, but the more I think about his title, I realize he’s setting us all up for ridicule- I mean who in their right mind can say “Yes” to that question and not get mocked...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Teams from the same conference in the top 16 must be placed in different regions.
The top 4 teams from same conference. This year the SEC is likely to have 5 in the top 16, which obviously forces the 5th team to share a region with another SEC team.

Reaction Score
The top 4 teams from same conference. This year the SEC is likely to have 5 in the top 16, which obviously forces the 5th team to share a region with another SEC team.

Yes, but it will not be a 1 and 2 in the same. It will be a 2&4 or 3&4.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Charlie has a potential Duke/UConn match up in the Sweet Sixteen. It would makes for some interesting story lines for TV

A better story line would be a UConn TN match up in Albany.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Crème revised his bracket; but, it remains unchanged for the Top 8.

Obviously, he is trying to predict what the committee is going to do; so, he made no changes at the top since the February 19 reveal.

Bracketology with Charlie Creme

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom