*7 Duke - Lost to unranked Georgia Tech
8 Miami - win over unranked Notre Dame
9 Baylor - win over unranked NW State
*10 Tenn - lost to (17) UNC
11 Gonzaga - win over unranked USC
*12 Kentucky - lost to unranked UNCW
13 FAU - win over unranked CoC
*14 TA&M - lost to unranked Virginia
15 Creighton - win over unranked OSU (Nebraska on Sunday)

I’m going to take a stab at it. I don’t think we move from #4 based on the losses around us. We have the strongest loss compared to everyone else in the field.

1 Arizona
2 Kansas
3 Houston
4 UConn
5 Purdue
6 Baylor
7 Marquette
8 Miami
9 Gonzaga
10 Puke

Reaction Score
So far this weekend:

*1 Purdue - Lost to unranked Northeastern
2 Arizona - win over Colgate
*3 Marquette - lost to unranked Wisconsin
*4 UConn - lost to (5) Kansas
5 Kansas - win over (4) UConn
6 Houston - win over unranked Xavier
*7 Duke - Lost to unranked Georgia Tech
8 Miami - win over unranked Notre Dame
9 Baylor - win over unranked NW State
*10 Tenn - lost to (17) UNC
11 Gonzaga - win over unranked USC
*12 Kentucky - lost to unranked UNCW
13 FAU - win over unranked CoC
*14 TA&M - lost to unranked Virginia
15 Creighton - win over unranked OSU (Nebraska on Sunday)

I’m going to take a stab at it. I don’t think we move from #4 based on the losses around us. We have the strongest loss compared to everyone else in the field.

1 Arizona
2 Kansas
3 Houston
4 UConn
5 Purdue
6 Baylor
7 Marquette
8 Miami
9 Gonzaga
10 Puke
Why only consider what happened during the weekend? Miami got destroyed in KY and Duke lost twice. They should both drop considerably.

Poe

Reaction Score
This looks right to me, I think we jump Marquette, even though we lost

Somehow Duke will stay ranked, ridiculous.

Reaction Score
My guess is Arizona/Kansas/Houston/UConn. I'm all for not punishing UConn for losing to Kansas, but my opinion is that undefeated teams who are already rated high should be rewarded for not losing, even if they aren't playing great teams

Reaction Score
I believe it will go, Arizona, Kansas, Uconn, Purdue, Houston.....
If/when Creighton beats Nebraska, they should be 10 based on what happened with the teams ahead of them. Nova will most likely fall out if top 25. They're just the most unpredictable team in the BE.

Reaction Score
1) Arizona
2) Kansas
3) Houston
4) Purdue
5) UConn
6) Marquette
7) Baylor

Although I could very easily see UConn at 6 and Marquette at 5.

It sucks that we are literally 1 Cam Spencer missed 3 away from being the undisputed #1 - without our lottery pick PG. Ugh.

Reaction Score
This is what I expect and it’s fair. Can’t expect to move up after losses.

Sidebar: when is Houston going to play anyone with a pulse?
As of now, they’re going to end the season with 17 straight games against top-100 opponents. We’ll know exactly how good they are by then. (I think they’re really good).

IMG_3791.jpeg

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
ARizona
Kansas
Houston
Purdue
Kentucky

Will be the top 5 on Monday. I think we slide to maybe as low as 7. We arent going to get moved up after a loss no matter how good a loss it is. We arent slobbered like Duke is.
How is that KY prediction look this morning. They lost at home too a Division II school last night.

Reaction Score
I put little stock on the polls in December. This team has a real chance to make some noise at the end of the year. That's how I look at it.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
1) Arizona
2) Kansas
3) Houston
4) Purdue
5) UConn
6) Marquette
7) Baylor

Although I could very easily see UConn at 6 and Marquette at 5.

It sucks that we are literally 1 Cam Spencer missed 3 away from being the undisputed #1 - without our lottery pick PG. Ugh.
I think the only question is Purdue and UConn. As we have seen losses against certain teams can be better than wins against cupcakes. UConn loss should not hurt as much as the loses that Purdue and Marquette had. So you drop Purdue the most. Marquette the second most and UConn gets the smallest drop. In that equation you are probably right about your type five list have though about it a little more.

Reaction Score
Why only consider what happened during the weekend? Miami got destroyed in KY and Duke lost twice. They should both drop considerably.
Depends on how the pollsters react to a big loss for Miami @Kentucky.

I don’t think Kentucky is a bad loss for Miami as much as Kentucky sleeping at home to UNCW. Kentucky should fall harder than Miami in my opinion.

I’m also factoring in how many top 15 losses there were this weekend.

Reaction Score
I hate Purdue as much as the next guy but I do think they had one of the best non conference runs. Beat Marquette Gonzaga and Tennessee, have no issue with keeping them high for their wins, think we stay around where we are…. Also Duke should not be ranked, their resume sucks

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
Gary Parrish of CBSSports.com just released his updated Top 25 and 1. From yesterday's version he moved UConn up 1 spot, from 6 to 5.

Tennessee has lost 3 straight (albeit to good teams) and Parrish moved them up 2 spots. What a crazy weekend of college bball.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Tennessee has lost 3 straight (albeit to good teams) and Parrish moved them up 2 spots. What a crazy weekend of college bball.
Yeah, crazy. It's not who you beat but who you lost to .

Reaction Score
The likelihood we end up above Purdue tomorrow is very close to 0. Poll inertia is in now that things are more settled post feast week. We're not going to pass a team that was 3 spots ahead of us when both us and them lost once during the week. The opponent doesn't matter at long as they're not 300+.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Get out of here!
Was sitting at the bar with my buddy from like 8-12. I’m gonna guess you’re either the guy I talked to about Winning Time or the guy and the whalers jersey

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Was sitting at the bar with my buddy from like 8-12. I’m gonna guess you’re either the guy I talked to about Winning Time or the guy and the whalers jersey
Hahahaha small world, nah but I was at the table with the guy with the Whalers jersey. One of my buddies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I know Purdue beat good teams, but their loss is significantly worse than ours. We looked like a buzzsaw until going into the toughest environment in the country, top 5 team, and lost on a buzzer beater. I think that context matters too, but the difference between Purdue and UConn is marginal either way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom