"Discussion" between Hatchell and Coach Q in postgame handshake | Page 3 | The Boneyard

"Discussion" between Hatchell and Coach Q in postgame handshake

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The Fighting Christians...:cool:

Just think..... in a 80 mile stretch in central NC... you once had the fighting christians, the fighting quakers (guilford college), bookended by the Demon Deacons and the Blue Devils. When the Methodists, Baptists, Quakers, and UCC's get together... throw out the record books :mad::mad:

Some tough looking mascots on Tobacco Road :p

wake_forest_demon_deac300.jpg
3968d0c8c040ccbe1e332476c043833a.jpg

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Just think..... in a 80 mile stretch in central NC... you once had the fighting christians, the fighting quakers (guilford college), bookended by the Demon Deacons and the Blue Devils. When the Methodists, Baptists, Quakers, and UCC's get together... throw out the record books :mad::mad:

IMG_0003.JPG

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

wake_forest_demon_deac300.jpg
3968d0c8c040ccbe1e332476c043833a.jpg
I guess the range of nicknames on Tobacco Road proves the old adage, "You can't have saints without sinners."

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Per Raul: Hillsman speaks on why he must play his starters till the end:

Win or lose, Syracuse women's basketball coach Quentin Hillsman plays it his way until the end

It almost backfired last friday night in Durham. The game had been well decided when he put Peterson back in the game in the last few minutes. She drove to the hoop and fell down hard... and gingerly got up. She ended up being ok, but for a moment it looked like a foolish move. I personally think he put her back in the game after seeing McCallie put Lexie Brown back into the game late in order to get a triple double.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised if the Day sisters wanted to send a message to Hatchell. Sylvia thought she was being smart when she dumped them to sign the "fabulous four". The DeShields quartet in turn dumped Sylvia and things came full circle the other night.

Sometimes there's a harmony to the universe. ;)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised if the Day sisters wanted to send a message to Hatchell. Sylvia thought she was being smart when she dumped them to sign the "fabulous four". The DeShields quartet in turn dumped Sylvia and things came full circle the other night.

Did she offer the Day sisters a scholarship and then withdraw her offer?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

They have been wanting to send a message since they arrived at Syracuse... especially that first year when they faced off against the 4

Did she offer the Day sisters a scholarship and then withdraw her offer?

Day twins happy they took detour from North Carolina to Syracuse women's basketball

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
yup. To make room for Diamond and her posse.

The article linked above by Triad says that the Day sisters themselves reopened their recruitment when they saw the caliber of the other players committing to UNC.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
All that said, gotta be fair: I thought Hillsman handled everything at last year's Final Four with total class. And although his team played hard and aggressive basketball in the final, there was none of the roughhousing or other associated nonsense that his earlier teams were known for.

As far as this present controversy, I usually have no regard for a team that is up 20 or 30 late in a game but still goes out of its way to continue pressing an overwhelmed opponent. But the problem here, as bags just alluded to, is that Syracuse's entire philosophy is built around gaining extra possessions by pressing an opponent like hell for 40 minutes. So, particularly at this point in the season, how is Hillsman supposed to train his team to do that in game conditions, except by pressing for all 40 minutes regardless of the score? I'm still not in love with it, but I understand it.

Am I the only one wondering whether UNC is keeping Hatchell around now only so they'll have a sacrificial lamb at the ready to throw under the bus once the NCAA excrement finally hits the fan?
1 - Don't know is Hillsman was doing it, but some years ago Rutgers was honoring its 2000 FF team, and we found out that in Viv's first years the players were under instructions to be brash, in your face, trash talking machines. Trying to establish a "tough" rep.
2 - Playing all 40 has always been a Vivian thing, as well. Her comment was - how do I tell them that just at this point, we don't have to continue to give it our all? That said, a lot of late game points were the result of jacked up shots that just went in, can you really imagine RU "running up the score". OTH, Prince was the first player to begin holding the ball when the shot clock was off.
3- Re: Hatchell - yes.

Reaction Score
The article linked above by Triad says that the Day sisters themselves reopened their recruitment when they saw the caliber of the other players committing to UNC.

I don't know more than I read but they could have been reacting to a call from UNC telling them that they would be bench warmers for 4 years. It always looks better if it's your idea rather than being rejected. UNC couldn't have signed the 4 horsemen if the Days had stayed.

I'm not condemning UNC either. A free ride to a college is a gift, not a guarantee.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well they get to exchange pleasantries again... Hope my man Hillsman and his squad put up 100 on them

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom