Dimon Carrigan visit | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dimon Carrigan visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
We may have the same guy because my new guy had old news but the old guy had new news. No news is good news for old guys like me.

Sorry to hear that nobody brought you good news.

Last edited:

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
We may have the same guy because my new guy had old news but the old guy had new news. No news is good news for old guys like me.

When will then be now?

Reaction Score
Forgetting about Williams for big men as well.

But Cobb will be a senior, and I'm still skeptical of how effective he can be at this level. Whaley and Williams are big question marks. Mamadou is an undersized 4, so definitely not a 5 (although I wouldn't be surprised to see him there a little this year). Carlton has promise but is still a 3 star freshman. We want Carrigan.

Yes I agree that Carrigan would still be a big get. However, what I'm also saying is that I don't think it's the end of the world if we don't get a big man for next year's class. The following year it will be more important to lock up a true big man.

Reaction Score
Yes I agree that Carrigan would still be a big get. However, what I'm also saying is that I don't think it's the end of the world if we don't get a big man for next year's class. The following year it will be more important to lock up a true big man.

Agree. Top priority is to get a couple of guards to fill in for Adams (expected) and Anderson's departures. I like Carrigan though and think he would bring something to the table that we don't really have in our existing bigs.

Reaction Score
Huge disagree we need bigs badly. Not one of our bigs isn't a question mark

Guards run college hoops. Our bigs next year will be better than they our this year regardless (all will get a year bigger/better/stronger). We don't replace our guards (one of who is our best player), we'll be in big trouble.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We absolutely need a good front court player in this class.

Planning on our bigs getting better just because they're a year older isn't something that's worked out particularly well for us recently.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
We have 2 3 star centers for next year, both of which will basically have one year of experience, and one being a senior. Acting like we don't need a center in this class is absurd. Plus the added bonus of not knowing if either of them can play.

Reaction Score
We literally have no one on the roster taller than 6'9." Staff should be desperate for a shot blocking big such as Carrigan.

Reaction Score
We literally have no one on the roster taller than 6'9." Staff should be desperate for a shot blocking big such as Carrigan.

So we need another 6'9 guy? :D Just kidding though. I get the point. We should definitely be looking to upgrade our bigs. None are proven right now. None were highly rated. None look like they are all around bigs that can make an impact on both ends of the floor consistently. Carrigan would be a huge get. But height is somewhat irrelevant. He would bring a defensive presence like none of our current players can even at 6'9.

Reaction Score
We absolutely need a good front court player in this class.

Planning on our bigs getting better just because they're a year older isn't something that's worked out particularly well for us recently.

Oh I agree...but from a prioritization standpoint...we need guards over bigs. Our bigs won't be WORSE next year than this year regardless, unless Onuorah turns out to be a monster. If we don't get a good guard or two, our guards will be significantly worse next year than this year.

Reaction Score
Doesn't have to be a 7 footer just a "big" man who has some skills. And as mentioned in many posts above we really don't know what we have. What we do know is we'd love for 2-3 to work out and become solid 3-4 year players but no matter even a guy like Carrigan isn't coming in and playing 30 minutes as a frosh anyway, would be a perfect fit for him too or a similar talented big.

C

Chief00

Give me Akinjo, Carey, and Wilson and I don't care if we get any other recruits for '18. The pieces are there. Next season our C will be Cobb and the year after that it'll be Carlton. A big man would be nice but with a frontcourt of Mamadou, Carlton, Cobb, and Whaley for '18-'19, it isn't completely necessary. Lock up Akinjo and Carey.
You are overrating our Bigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA