Didn't see this coming... Nebrich Out | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Didn't see this coming... Nebrich Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Translation : As soon as Coach P made Whitmer #1 officially and stopped the division of reps, I was on the phone considering my options.

It is what it is. This is division 1-A football.

Sooner than later, a kid will transfer out of this program, and go to another 1-A program, instead of downgrading a level. Could Nebrich be the first? We'll see.

Reaction Score
Not necessarily. Right now we have a clear #1, a serviceable upperclassman backup, a touted (locally anyway) freshman #3 who is likely a RS but available if necessary. Plus, another touted (for us anyway) QB commit for next season. I would expect transfers.

It is how it should be. It feels strange because it hasn't happened here in a while.

A wildcat backup with throwing issues is a luxury. At best, he beats out JM for #2 and CC definitely redshirts. I had assumed his personal absence was that he was transferring.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Would anyone be surprised if the wildcat QB transfers, as well?

Reaction Score
on a side note, wes hopkins made the team 2day. bloomfield kid...
Good to know... Hoping he ends up like Donald Thomas... a walk-on turned scholly player turned NFL player

Reaction Score
Would anyone be surprised if the wildcat QB transfers, as well?

That would surprise me a lot more than Nebrich. We'll see. I'm curious to know what's going on there, but the coach has made it clear that it's a personal matter, which appears to be non-football related, and he's absent with consent, and no issues whatsoever about it.

Is that just the public face? We'll see.

Always some kind of drama in training camp.

Reaction Score
That would surprise me a lot more than Nebrich. We'll see. I'm curious to know what's going on there, but the coach has made it clear that it's a personal matter, which appears to be non-football related, and he's absent with consent, and no issues whatsoever about it.

Is that just the public face? We'll see.

Always some kind of drama in training camp.

"Personal matter" could mean damn near anything from something really unfortunate like illness in the family, which I hope is not the case. It could also mean girlfriend troubles although I doubt that the coaching staff would have shown the same level of concern.

But, decisions about staying/going and different school choices are very personal matters. I hope I'm wrong, but something just seems off-center here.

Reaction Score
Translation : As soon as Coach P made Whitmer #1 officially and stopped the division of reps, I was on the phone considering my options.

It is what it is. This is division 1-A football.
That's exactly it. My guess is he ends up at some 1AA program where he can step in and play immediately. But his was just one of those situations that happen some times. New coach, different system, not a great fit.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
What a ridiculous post. The kid played sparingly as a true freshman in a one dimensional offense behind an O-Line that gave up more sacks than 116 other teams. Yet you're certain to know what his ceiling is? Unreal.

I said he knows his ceiling. He decided that he can't compete at this level. He quit. Not me. Him.

Reaction Score
I said he knows his ceiling. He decided that he can't compete at this level. He quit. Not me. Him.

Or, he thinks he can be a starting QB in college and has determined that he won't get the chance here. Just as plausible an explanation.

It is truly remarkable that an adult would feel the need to make that kind of a statement in response to a 19 year old trying to move on with class.

Reaction Score
He had an offer from Harvard

...... But i think that he stays

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score

I'm sure this was considered and rejected for this board, but posts like these make me wish there was a "dislike" button somewhere. Have some class.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Or, he thinks he can be a starting QB in college and has determined that he won't get the chance here. Just as plausible an explanation.

It is truly remarkable that an adult would feel the need to make that kind of a statement in response to a 19 year old trying to move on with class.
+1

Reaction Score
I think that is a little bit overly harsh. I don't think anyone here can really say just how good nebrich might have been. He played a limited amount of time last season, and he looked lost in the Spring game, but by all accounts has been improving. Whether he is or would ever be a high level D1 performer, we don't know. to compare him to Grothe at USF is of course nuts, too...just in a nice way. Guy leave lots of programs for lots of reasons. Guys leave for playing time all the time. Just isn't a big deal when the 3rd string left guard leaves. makes news when a quarterback leaves.

Reaction Score

It's funny. You were more liked by the sleazebags on the Rutgers board than you are here. And even THEY got tired of your act and banned your ass.

Reaction Score
sdhusky sounds an awful lot like his hated Randy Edsall with the "he quit" comments...

Reaction Score
Can"t blame the kid. He worked hard did everthing the coaching staff asked. He improved his qb skills and developed his body gaining 25 pounds. His skill set just didnt match with what this coaching staff wanted on the field.

Reaction Score
I think he would have had more success than Tyler Lorenzen if we had that same offense and same coaches, once Edsall left, he was stuck in the wrong system.

He's a great kid with a lot of talent, I hope he's able to find a good school and get a fair shot to compete, best of luck to Neibrich.

Reaction Score

And you're surprised why?

Reaction Score
And you're surprised why?

Maybe because I assumed that the fact that he can be nasty to other posters on an anonymous internet board wouldn't mean that he was the same way to college students.

Reaction Score

Hey sdhusky, just wondering, did you play football? college ball? pro-ball?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Best of luck to Nebrich - hope that he has lots of success at his next stop. I'm disappointed that he didn't stick around and try to beat out Whitmer for the job, but looks like we just need to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom