Didn't see this coming... Nebrich Out | The Boneyard

Didn't see this coming... Nebrich Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConnFootballSID@UConnFBSID
UConn QB Mike Nebrich has annoucned that he will transfer to another school

Reaction Score
Aw man, this sucks, I was afraid this would happen.

Reaction Score

You know, I was going to say something about him in my report yesterday about how he seems to have handled a difficult situation (being recruited over by Whitmer) quite well and instead of either transferring or moping had improved his game and separated himself as the #2. Kind of glad I didn't . . . .

Good luck to him. It's a loss for us, IMO. How long has it been since we made it through a season without a QB injury? If he was the #2, he was going to get a shot.

Reaction Score
This is the time where kids start to transfer out.. it happened last year and I fully expect it to happen again this year... it's starting.. Nebrich is good enough to start somewhere down the road... With Whitmer in place I kinda don't blame him for his decision to move on. Doesn't he still have a redshirt to burn as well? I think he starts Day 1 for a FCS level school... but it would take a little longer at the FBS level, still starter ability. Wish him nothing but the best.

Now we really need McCummings back.

Reaction Score
Good luck to him. I'm sure he can catch on somewhere and hope he does well.

Reaction Score
I thought it was a lock that one of the QB's would leave, and Nebrich was by far the most likely candidate. Good luck to the kid. Wish he stayed.

Reaction Score
I thought this was "weird" but paid no attention to it as I scrolled through all the feeds this morning.

Michael Nebrich@MrHusky2
Nothin like a little Sail to clear your head in the morning, it's been real CT

Reaction Score
Oh crap. But this happens. There will always be QBs at this level who would rather move to another level for a clearer path to the field. It is what it is. You just hope the staff made the right pick as to whom was being given the ball. If they have made the right pick, we've got 3 years of eligibility left for a guy who is going to be our starter, an experienced backup for this year and QBs with promise for the incoming classes of 12 and 13.

Best of luck to the young man.

Reaction Score
I thought it was a lock that one of the QB's would leave, and Nebrich was by far the most likely candidate. Good luck to the kid. Wish he stayed.

Yup - didn't see CC going anywhere and with Lagow coming in next year - the position is getting stacked.

Reaction Score
If Laglow is as good as advertised, the transfer trend will continue.

Reaction Score
Good luck to him and thx to Mr. Nebrich for stopping by once in a while. On another note we don't have to listen to mr poopy pants whine about him not being played any more.

Reaction Score
Fully expected when Whitmer earned the #1 spot with 3 years of eligibility. Sadly, this is the huge negative to burning Necrich's RS last year. He uses his RS year as his transfer year and he can go to any school without losing eligibility. Happy to have McEntee as an experienced back-up, hoping that McCummings comes back, and praying that things go smoothly and UConn doesn't have to burn Cochran's RS this year.

I wish Nebrich well. He may end up at Towson which is close to home and obviously has UConn connections. I think he will be a very successful QB down the road.

Reaction Score
So what are the odds he goes to Maryland? I remember someone posting that he attended a Maryland game last year during the bye week. He would become the ultimate spy for Edsall.

Could P block him?

Reaction Score
Fully expected when Whitmer earned the #1 spot with 3 years of eligibility. Sadly, this is the huge negative to burning Necrich's RS last year. He uses his RS year as his transfer year and he can go to any school without losing eligibility.

Is that true? I thought you had to sit out a year _after_ transferring.

Reaction Score
Oh crap. But this happens. There will always be QBs at this level who would rather move to another level for a clearer path to the field. It is what it is. You just hope the staff made the right pick as to whom was being given the ball. If they have made the right pick, we've got 3 years of eligibility left for a guy who is going to be our starter, an experienced backup for this year and QBs with promise for the incoming classes of 12 and 13.

Best of luck to the young man.

i agree with you, and the way i see it, if he's transferring it means our coaches picked the right one. looking back it's probably good that Nebrich didn't take his RS last year, since he can still use it when he transfers. he's way too good to spend his career as a back up. i have a feeling if Whitmer was a junior Nebrich's chances of staying would have been much greater.

so does this mean i have 3-4 years of Palatine saying P made the wrong choice at QB to look forward to now?

Reaction Score
Is that true? I thought you had to sit out a year _after_ transferring.

If he goes to a I-A school, he will take his redshirt this season, which he would have to sit out anyway, and have three more years of eligibility starting with the 13 season. If he goes to a I-AA (or lower) school, he will be immediately eligible and will have three years of eligibility left and four seasons in which to use them.

Reaction Score
[quote="mattp, post: 297822, member: 914"

so does this mean i have 3-4 years of Palatine saying P made the wrong choice at QB to look forward to now?[/quote]

Was that a rhetorical question? Or have you just not had any caffeine yet this morning?

Reaction Score
If he goes to a I-A school, he will take his redshirt this season, which he would have to sit out anyway, and have three more years of eligibility starting with the 13 season. If he goes to a I-AA (or lower) school, he will be immediately eligible and will have three years of eligibility left and four seasons in which to use them.

Ed Daigneault@EdDaigneault
Early word on Nebrich's destination is likely Fordham, where former #UConn QBs coach Joe Moorhead is the head coach.

Reaction Score
Damn. Good luck Mike. I wished he had gotten more of a chance last year. Hoping Whitmer is the real deal and stays healthy.

Reaction Score
Ed Daigneault@EdDaigneault
Early word on Nebrich's destination is likely Fordham, where former #UConn QBs coach Joe Moorhead is the head coach.

I remember Mr Nebrich posting here when Joe Moorhead got the job. Something along the lines "I hope our paths cross again".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom