Didn't see this coming... Nebrich Out | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Didn't see this coming... Nebrich Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe because I assumed that the fact that he can be nasty to other posters on an anonymous internet board wouldn't mean that he was the same way to college students.
Yeah... Sometimes we put too much faith people. I'm with you, but frankly I honestly didn't expect any better. I guess I'm just jaded.

Reaction Score
I think he is going to go the division iaa route so he can play right away. There is nothing wrong with that. He is like a sailor who is been in a sub and hasn't surfaced for a year. He wants to get it and plant his seed. I hope he considers goin g back to a 1a program because I think he is very talented.

Reaction Score
Hey sdhusky, just wondering, did you play football? college ball? pro-ball?

I'll take it one step further. Did you go to college? Did you play ANY sports in college?

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I'll take it one step further. Did you go to college? Did you play ANY sports in college?

Didn't play sports in college.

Harry Callahan: A man's GOT to know his limitations.

Reaction Score
Why do people say he didn't fit the system here? Like what specifically would have made him do well under Edsall, but didn't fit under Coach P?

I think he has talent and could have developed here. He just saw it would be unlikely to get the opportunity. Another player with 3 years of eligibility won the starting job, we already have a wildcat QB, we already have a QB with more game experience, and we have a highly touted younger QB. Hard to see where he'd fit in on the depth chart.

Reaction Score
Nebrich should have been redshirted last fall. Totally mishanded by PP considering how little he played and how horrible the QB position was. Better hope Whitmer stays healthy or it's JM all over again. So maybe no offense again this season. Need to recruit this position even harder. It"s got to improve someday. And to think the Penn State QBs aren't interested.

Reaction Score
Got to say it, "If you commit and the head coach who recruited you leaves you should decommit instantly and choose another school." This is the golden rule for all recruits. I'll bet its tears for 9 out of 10 kids if they do not obey this rule.

I'm happy for MN, his next years of college will be much more enjoyable then playing for a coach who, in reality, isn't a fan of his talents. Nothing against Coach P either.

As P said about other freshman Byron Jones and Ty Mer (from Chip;s blog): "We made a real key investment in those guys last year," UConn football coach Paul Pasqualoni said. "We played them in big games and that investment is very evident right now. We are hoping that they can continue to get better, have an impact on the team and play like sophomores and not freshmen. Obviously there was no investment in MN.

I am so high on the team's chances this year, I just hope that MN leaving isn't foreshadow of last year's disaster when Box left. Timing seems about the same though. I'll have to sacrifice a chicken to get that karma off my team.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I really liked Nebrich a lot, but knew his time here was limited with Whitmer coming in and being named number 1 before the practice started.

I wish Mike well no matter where he ends up and hope he kicks butt.

Reaction Score
I left the open practice real happy with MN being #2 at QB. Actually didn't see much difference between him and Whitmer with advantage MN due to his running ability. Good luck to Mike. As for Carl's observation on talent upgrade we had 3 true freshman on the #2 O-line. Byran, Rugg and Samra. The freshman tackle Levy is huge and moved well. One area of concern would be TE depth but time will tell.

Reaction Score
Was just reading the Nebrich story on the ESPN boards. A total of 8 posts!!!!!!! I guess we haven't quite made it to the big time yet.......

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Was just reading the Nebrich story on the ESPN boards. A total of 8 posts!!!!!!! I guess we haven't quite made to big time yet.......

give it time. we will one day soon.

Reaction Score
I won't read into any of his comments, but I will take his word on 100% of it. Playing football at this level is serious, and you should be at a program where you are as comfortable as possible. I hope I end up reading about him or watching him on TV in the years to come.

Reaction Score
Best of luck to him. I think we will be hearing about him in the future, and i hope he has an incredible college experience wherever he transfers. Can't really blame him. The head coach who recruited him left after he committed, followed by the position coach who was his primary recruiter (and was the reason he stuck with his commitment to UConn) leaving after he was here, add to that a different system being introduced than the one he signed on to playing in. How is anyone really surprised by this. I was surprised he didn't transfer earlier.

Reaction Score
I said he knows his ceiling. He decided that he can't compete at this level. He quit. Not me. Him.

he may have quit but you're definitely being a . maybe he thinks his ceiling is starter on a 1A team, so he want the opportunity to do so elsewhere? i agree that if he left he probably felt that Whitmer was the better player but there's no reason to name call. it just makes you seem small

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom