Did they cancel our next game also???

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Still shows scheduled on the ESPN site.

Reaction Score
Seems like a typo. Believe they are trying to say two bball games this week have already been cancelled - Men vs Xavier and Women vs Marquette. Cancelling the Butler game is still on the table however.

Reaction Score
Seems like a typo. Believe they are trying to say two bball games this week have already been cancelled - Men vs Xavier and Women vs Marquette. Cancelling the Butler game is still on the table however.
I think the Butler game will ultimately be called off as well. I think the staff would want a least a few days to prepare, and depending on when they tested positive, who knows when they can even take the floor to practice as a team again? I highly doubt If they are cleared to go Friday, they would turn around and play a game the next day after not practicing for over a week.

Reaction Score
Anyone else have a bad feeling we could see fanless games again soon?

sure it could be possible but at this point, I'm sure the NCAA is more concerned for the players testing than the fans.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
sure it could be possible but at this point, I'm sure the NCAA is more concerned for the players testing than the fans.

The question is whether the NCAA (and NHL and NBA) will follow the NFL and stop testing asymptomatic, vaccinated players. Unless they do, games are unlikely in the short term.

Reaction Score
The question is whether the NCAA (and NHL and NBA) will follow the NFL and stop testing asymptomatic, vaccinated players. Unless they do, games are unlikely in the short term.

This may be a dumb question but does the NCAA have a players union like pro sports? If the players were fine with playing despite someone being possibly asymptomatic playing against them or with them, I'd have no problem with them doing the same.

Reaction Score
That's already the NCAA policy from before the season started

Reaction Score
No, those are the rules that came out from the BE. That's why the previous post was busting your chops. You seemed to imply the teams had a choice, which is not the case (unless they want to forfeit).

Reaction Score
I would bet that UConn could have had 1 coach and 7 scholarship players for Xavier not testing positive but chose to contrive ways to not play at Xavier shorthanded, based on contact with the positive players or others infected, and an 'abundance of caution', (ie code for we don't want to play a top 25 team shorthanded). We probably will never know if I would win my bet.

Hurley is also on record last year that he won't put a team on the floor that hasn't practiced, for the 'safety of the players'. (ie code for making sure they are prepared to win). It will likely be that UConn will not have the practice time before Butler, I suspect Hurley will press not to play, Irregardless of the 1 coach 7 player availability advertised BE standard.

I personally think if you meet the stated standard and don't play, you should forfeit, else scrap the standard. If a team does play according to that standard they are disadvantaged if others are avoiding games they could play.

Reaction Score
I would bet that UConn could have had 1 coach and 7 scholarship players for Xavier not testing positive but chose to contrive ways to not play at Xavier shorthanded, based on contact with the positive players or others infected, and an 'abundance of caution', (ie code for we don't want to play a top 25 team shorthanded). We probably will never know if I would win my bet.

Hurley is also on record last year that he won't put a team on the floor that hasn't practiced, for the 'safety of the players'. (ie code for making sure they are prepared to win). It will likely be that UConn will not have the practice time before Butler, I suspect Hurley will press not to play, Irregardless of the 1 coach 7 player availability advertised BE standard.

I personally think if you meet the stated standard and don't play, you should forfeit, else scrap the standard. If a team does play according to that standard they are disadvantaged if others are avoiding games they could play.
You can make all the bets you want but it's not up to Hurley or UConn if we play. There's no grey area in the Big East rules, if you have 7 players and a coach available you play

Reaction Score
Anyone else have a bad feeling we could see fanless games again soon?
Hearing reduced attendance or adding an entrance requirement are under consideration.

Reaction Score
You can make all the bets you want but it's not up to Hurley or UConn if we play. There's no grey area in the Big East rules, if you have 7 players and a coach available you play
Or did you mean FS1 rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak