Did they cancel our next game also???

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Based on what we're seeing with Bowl games, they can cancel it after warm-ups

Reaction Score
They very well may recognize that risk, but what do you want them to do? Schools under federal law can't share students health records with anyone else, so they can't ask for the tests and count themselves.
This is true but you’d think the school could send the number of positive tests to the conference without including the names. But per the article, maybe not—just seems like the conference would want to validate.

Reaction Score
So, please enlighten me....If all of the players are students, then they are required to be vaxed in order to go to any University. If they are all vaxed, then what is the issue?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
So, please enlighten me....If all of the players are students, then they are required to be vaxed in order to go to any University. If they are all vaxed, then what is the issue?
The Big East policy.

You might have noticed that other college and professional sports have similar policies and have been similarly affected in the past two weeks.

Whether that should be the policy or not is a different issue. But it's not one we are going to change; and not one that is going to be allowed to be debated on this board.

Reaction Score
Did they cancel our next game also???
According to wfsb, two men's games have been cancelled this week...
Anyone with actual reliable insight know the answer to
"Who is they?".
Potentially, DH, DB, athletic department doctor(s), other doctors, UConn Interim President, ABT, other T.B.D.?

Reaction Score
I would bet that UConn could have had 1 coach and 7 scholarship players for Xavier not testing positive but chose to contrive ways to not play at Xavier shorthanded, based on contact with the positive players or others infected, and an 'abundance of caution', (ie code for we don't want to play a top 25 team shorthanded). We probably will never know if I would win my bet.

Hurley is also on record last year that he won't put a team on the floor that hasn't practiced, for the 'safety of the players'. (ie code for making sure they are prepared to win). It will likely be that UConn will not have the practice time before Butler, I suspect Hurley will press not to play, Irregardless of the 1 coach 7 player availability advertised BE standard.

I personally think if you meet the stated standard and don't play, you should forfeit, else scrap the standard. If a team does play according to that standard they are disadvantaged if others are avoiding games they could play.

Reaction Score
Conspiracy and pretzel logic takes over the boneyard
5zla6wmdwcj41.jpg

Reaction Score
I'm probably just being naive but I can't imagine anyone in the Big East is stupid enough to implement that policy and not see all the lies they'll be fed from teams in both directions

Hurley did, otherwise wouldn’t we be playing tomorrow?

Reaction Score
Hurley did, otherwise wouldn’t we be playing tomorrow?
No we have 9 positive cases. Unless you think we have less and Hurley lied so we wouldn't play

Reaction Score
No. Nine players are positive.

No we have 9 positive cases. Unless you think we have less and Hurley lied so we wouldn't play
Iit could be either and we’d never know. If the best players have covid Coaches can lie and say they don’t have 7 negative guys to play. Or if they don’t wanna miss games the coaches can lie and say they only have 5 positives

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I guess it could be either and we’d never know. If the best players have covid Coaches can lie and say they don’t have enough negative guys to play. Or if they don’t wanna miss games the coaches can lie and say no ones positives
What?

Reaction Score
What?
I misunderstood what the PC guy was saying, But the honor system policy got me thinking how coaches could abuse it. Hypothetically speaking, If Cole tested positive, we certainly don’t wanna play without him so maybe we magically have 7 positive guys that week and have to reschedule. On the other hand maybe at some point the missed games are derailing the season but the whole team’s still positive so we say we only have 5 positive tests so that we can play….not condoning this just thinking out loud

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I misunderstood what the PC guy was saying, But the honor system policy got me thinking how coaches could abuse it. Hypothetically speaking, If Cole tested positive, we certainly don’t wanna play without him so maybe we magically have 7 positive guys that week and have to reschedule. On the other hand maybe at some point we’re sick of missing games and the whole team’s still positive but we say we only have 5 positive tests so we can play….not condoning this just thinking out loud
Hurley said the Big East demanded a lot of information and we provided it. He didn’t have to give numbers but he did. If he was going to fudge it I don’t think he would be giving numbers that could be refuted.

Reaction Score
Hurley said the Big East demanded a lot of information and we provided it. He didn’t have to give numbers but he did. If he was going to fudge it I don’t think he would be giving numbers that could be refuted.
I’m not accusing Hurley of anything. I said he told the truth which is why we can’t play. But what refutable info did we provide I thought someone said schools can’t say who or how many test positive

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I’m not accusing Hurley of anything. I said he told the truth which is why we can’t play. But what info did we provide I thought someone said schools can’t say who or how many test positive
The earlier Borges article said the schools couldn’t say who or how many; I think he was alluding to HIPPA laws, which, as I understand them, prohibit disclosure of personal information only. I don’t know where the number thing came from, unless the number makes it obvious who it is. We know his son also tested positive so I gather he had permission to say that. It also didn’t matter because he’s a walk on.

Whatever the case, Hurley gave a number now and it was nine. He may be frustratingly evasive at times but I do not take him for a liar.

Reaction Score
The earlier Borges article said the schools couldn’t say who or how many; I think he was alluding to HIPPA laws. Whatever the case, Hurley gave a number now and it was nine. He may be frustratingly evasive at times but I do not take him for a liar.
Never said he was- only trying to have some fun In Discussing how a coach could hypothetically abuse the honor system if they so chose

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
This covid situation never should've lasted this long (2 years already???). The leadership in our country needs to step up their game and end this thing quickly this year. Hopefully, now that year 2022 has begun, we'll finally see the end of this covid situation and people can go back to their normal lives. That includes one of our favorite pastimes.....Uconn hoops without interruptions and March madness.

Reaction Score
This covid situation never should've lasted this long (2 years already???). The leadership in our country needs to step up their game and end this thing quickly this year. Hopefully, now that year 2022 has begun, we'll finally see the end of this covid situation and people can go back to their normal lives. That includes one of our favorite pastimes.....Uconn hoops without interruptions and March madness.
Why didn’t I think of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom