Did Ted Lasso just "jump the shark"? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Did Ted Lasso just "jump the shark"?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Not looking good for your hopes here
Is that what you think is going on with Rupert’s and Bex’s decision to give up her interest and then him chatting with Nate?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Is that what you think is going on with Rupert’s and Bex’s decision to give up her interest and then him chatting with Nate?
For what it’s worth, Rebecca’s mom’s take on how to deal with s is spot on. I do think Rupert is going to buy a controlling steak in a different team and they will become the nemesis to Richmond.

Every episode seems to have a throwaway scene showing me to be a jerk. I think Rupert will hire “the wonder kid.”

I was also thinking about the home “Empire strikes back“ reference. That was the “Luke I am your father“ movie. That ties in nicely to the whole fathers and son (and daughter) theme of the season.

Reaction Score
Yeah that's where it seems like they're going with that. Which feels like letting Nate off easy for his actions, but maybe it's just a really long play and not the long play punishment that seemed like it was coming

Reaction Score
I shoulda been a Hollywood writer, maybe!

Whats old is new again, rinse, repeat.
There are only two episodes left, so my guess is that he just gets hired, not that he coaches against them. The coaching against them will be the third season, presumably.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Got A LOT to wrap up in the final episode next week. Like 5 different personal relationships and the club match. I really hope Apple TV is able to extend this past 3 seasons (next season is supposed to be already written to be the last).

Side note: Nate has really made me mad this season. Gave him a big head.

Reaction Score
Kind of surprised with the general reaction to last night's episode (and the season in general). I've found it to be great and can't wait for next week to wrap everything up, but everyone else seems to hate it all

Reaction Score
I find myself procrastinating to watch the next episode because I don’t want it to end.

Don’t be sad because it’s over, be happy that it happened I guess.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Last year was irreplicable so they didn't even try. So they were able to reinvent the show the way The Good Place did. Early on I read some scuttlebutt that it said the show was about mental health. Turns out it's about fathers and sons...and mental heath. The closest person to "normal" has the best relationship with his father.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Kind of surprised with the general reaction to last night's episode (and the season in general). I've found it to be great and can't wait for next week to wrap everything up, but everyone else seems to hate it all
Where are you seeing that everyone seems to hate it all? I have seen the click bait headlines to that effect, and when you click it's just a collection of random tweets or reactions from "critics" who no one knows.

Everyone I know who watches still loves it.

Reaction Score
Where are you seeing that everyone seems to hate it all? I have seen the click bait headlines to that effect, and when you click it's just a collection of random tweets or reactions from "critics" who no one knows.

Everyone I know who watches still loves it.
I've seen a lot of it on Twitter from basketball people I follow, and a lot of those critics that I read their reviews every week. They've been railing on basically every storyline all year

CL82

Reaction Score
Good season finale.

Reaction Score
Solid finale and definitely enjoyed this season.

The Roy/Keeley stuff doesn't really land for me, but that seems like something that's going to go through next season so holding off judgement there

Also, Nate is a jerk. Don't even want the redemption route I assume they're going with next year

CL82

Reaction Score
Solid finale and definitely enjoyed this season.

The Roy/Keeley stuff doesn't really land for me, but that seems like something that's going to go through next season so holding off judgement there

Also, Nate is a jerk. Don't even want the redemption route I assume they're going with next year
There’s some thing about Keeley’s teeth that kind of skeeves me out. There, I said it.
I agree with you about Nate. I expect that they will redeem him at some point, but they’ve made him such an balloon knot that I wouldn’t mind just seeing him screwed over. He’s pretty much the anti-Ted. I think Rupert is the shows only villain.

CL82

Reaction Score
Anyone think Trent Crimm will be the new assistant?

Taking over Keeley’s job? I thought about it. It’s possible. Since the position was essentially created for Keeley, in the real world I would imagine that they would just outsource it to her, but who knows?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Taking over Keeley’s job? I thought about it. It’s possible. Since the position was essentially created for Keeley, in the real world I would imagine that they would just outsource it to her, but who knows?
I was thinking talking over Nate’s job. Assuming he knows soccer because that’s his beat.

He would also make a good Diamond Dog.

CL82

Reaction Score
I was thinking talking over Nate’s job. Assuming he knows soccer because that’s his beat.
Making Nate in assistant coach was a reach. Making a reporter an assistant coach?
Chris Janson Reaction GIF by Music Choice

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Making Nate in assistant coach was a reach. Making a reporter an assistant coach?
Chris Janson Reaction GIF by Music Choice
The head coach never coached soccer before

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom