Did Ted Lasso just "jump the shark"? | The Boneyard

Did Ted Lasso just "jump the shark"?

Reaction Score
Did Ted Lasso just "jump the shark"? What the heck was that last episode? A Christmas special in August?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Did Ted Lasso just "jump the shark"? What the heck was that last episode? A Christmas special in August?
The calendar has been off this season. So far this season isn't quite as good as the first season. I thought the Christmas episode was the best of the first three.

Reaction Score
Yeah. I am actually enjoying season 2 of Mythic Quest more than Led Tasso.

Reaction Score
I’m ready for the part of the season where they get mad at Ted for not being high enough on the Table.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I suspect that they filmed Ted Lasso expecting a late fall release, and fan pressure caused them to push it up. Apple TV needs subscribers badly, and this is their one hot ticket. I think the episodes have been fine. The Christmas one felt like a pause, like taking a breath before things get moving, still both sweet and funny.

@ZooCougar I started Mythic Quest, and I like the characters, Poppy is kinda cute. I hit pause because I think my daughter would like it and it's something we could watch together. May not be time with her heading to college in less than 2 weeks. It's not outright laugh out loud funny though.

Reaction Score
I suspect that they filmed Ted Lasso expecting a late fall release, and fan pressure caused them to push it up. Apple TV needs subscribers badly, and this is their one hot ticket. I think the episodes have been fine. The Christmas one felt like a pause, like taking a breath before things get moving, still both sweet and funny.

@ZooCougar I started Mythic Quest, and I like the characters, Poppy is kinda cute. I hit pause because I think my daughter would like it and it's something we could watch together. May not be time with her heading to college in less than 2 weeks. It's not outright laugh out loud funny though.

It is sometimes. CW and the fat Trump chick are pretty funny.

My issue with Ted so far this season is that it’s heavy on the sweet and light on the comedy.

CL82

Reaction Score

I wish her the best! Hopefully she will have only minimal COVID impact in terms of limits on the normal college experience, if any.

Let us know how it hits you. For me, I found dropping off the kids to college to be a happy experience. They are about to take huge steps toward the people that they will be. Exciting times! Some people focus on it being the end of childhood rather than the start of adulthood and it is a little tougher a day.

This is you oldest right? Still have another at home?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I wish her the best! Hopefully she will have only minimal COVID impact in terms of limits on the normal college experience, if any.

Let us know how it hits you. For me, I found dropping off the kids to college to be a happy experience. They are about to take huge steps toward the people that they will be. Exciting times! Some people focus on it being the end of childhood rather than the start of adulthood and it is a little tougher a day.

This is you oldest right? Still have another at home?

She's the one and only. So we effectively become empty nesters on August 29th. I doubt that drop off day will hit me, but I'm less likely to be the one on phone calls or facetime with her while she's in school, so that will probably hit me a bit. Will need to work harder to maintain connection, at least as I imagine it.

CL82

Reaction Score
She's the one and only. So we effectively become empty nesters on August 29th. I doubt that drop off day will hit me, but I'm less likely to be the one on phone calls or facetime with her while she's in school, so that will probably hit me a bit. Will need to work harder to maintain connection, at least as I imagine it.
Yep, and your interaction is going to morph a bit. I've said this before but it is a great moment when they come back for Thanksgiving break because they have so much life experience that you haven't been privy to. They distinctly feel more like an adult than the de facto high schooler that you dropped off.

FWIW, one of the things I did was make a batch of cookies from scratch and send it to my daughter. First batch I had ever made (she and her roommate tried them with some initial skepticism but apparently they were pretty good... ) She appreciated the effort, that I was thinking of her... and the cookies. That's a different thing than your wife sending it. I did it a few times over her college career, in addition to more standard 'care packages' and visits, etc.

Reaction Score

Oh and I forgot. Season 2 “Backstory” and the episode following with William Hurt were great.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They had 10 episodes originally. The order got bumped to 12 and the Christmas episode was one of the extra ones that was stuck in late. It makes sense in the flow of the show. Boxing Day is a big deal in football.

Reaction Score
The past few days have been really strange in that all the fans of the show are raving about it and all the critics are complaining about this season. It's bizarre how they all came out with the same exact complaints at the same exact time, maybe they all got a memo telling them what to write

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Haven't seen it, not subscribed to AppleTV, but definitely curious about it.

For those who are watching, what can you tell me about Juno Temple's role in the series? I'm a fan of her.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Haven't seen it, not subscribed to AppleTV, but definitely curious about it.

For those who are watching, what can you tell me about Juno Temple's role in the series? I'm a fan of her.

She is essentially a Page 3 girl (think Keeley Hazell) model/influencer who dates football players. That's at the start anyway, her character goes much deeper than that and changes quite a lot. She's freaking adorable and funny as hell.

Side note: Keeley Hazell is actually in the show in a smaller role. I think they thought that would be clever/funny.

CL82

Reaction Score
I'd love an episode which actually had Ted, you know, coaching. I get the premise that he knew nothing about the game when starting, but he's been at a year now.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
She is essentially a Page 3 girl (think Keeley Hazell) model/influencer who dates football players. That's at the start anyway, her character goes much deeper than that and changes quite a lot. She's freaking adorable and funny as hell.

Side note: Keeley Hazell is actually in the show in a smaller role. I think they thought that would be clever/funny.
Juno's character is named Keeley, seems like they're not trying to be all that subtle about it.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'd love an episode which actually had Ted, you know, coaching. I get the premise that he knew nothing about the game when starting, but he's been at a year now.
He coached the goal that tied City.

CL82

Reaction Score
He coached the goal that tied City.
Sort of. I’d like to see him spot a situational mismatch and take advantage of it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom