Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland) | Page 86 | The Boneyard

Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
That Set in Stone crap that Maryland put out makes me really hope that he doesn't qualify academically now...this would just be ironic

Act like you've been there before Maryland. Stone is a very good talent but the red carpet/savior treatment is a little much

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
We have to hold a funeral for this thread, borrow a voodoo doll from our friends in Tulane and burn it at a stake at midnight and maybe, just maybe this thread will die.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
can this please be deleted i hate seeing this at the top of the thread bar

I have a sinking feeling that this thread will be around for generations of our offspring to read.

Reaction Score
That Set in Stone crap that Maryland put out makes me really hope that he doesn't qualify academically now...this would just be ironic

Act like you've been there before Maryland. Stone is a very good talent but the red carpet/savior treatment is a little much

Technically, Stone is the highest rates recruit Maryland has secured since last season when Trimble signed. With that said, Stone is the first consensus top-5 guy the Terps have signed in a loooooooong time. Remember, Gary Williams didn't go after highly rated recruits.

Also, part of it is getting a leg up on selling the "hey, get your season tickets now because you'll have a top-5 team to root for next season" angle. I feel like most schools would celebrate/publize a good get like Stone.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
As corny and over the top this thing is, its well done and I would bet it was a strong part of the pitch Maryland must have thrown at Stone down the stretch to beat out Wisconsin for him. It seems shallow but this is the world we live in today with social media being king, and every player wanting the spotlight for as long as possible.

Reaction Score
Was at U Maryland today. In even talking to some employees at the business school about UA's ties to the university in terms of jobs and sponsorships the topic of Diamond Stone came up. Everyone here seems to know about the Under Armour connection when I mention it and believe that is a big part of Stone's commitment.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
lol what did he think was going to happen?
After reading this I have to wonder how his ACT scores improved so dramatically. What explanations can there be for trying to enter these parties and getting anything but that type of treatment? I can only think of a few. Naivety, stupidity or being snow faced. Or maybe he felt he wouldn't stand out and no one would recognize him. Right!!!!

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
"It's a huge deal, and sometimes coaches try to pretend that they're not in an advantageous position on the recruiting trail because of a shoe company affiliation ... What I found interesting is, while like I said, most coaches try to discount that one some level, Mark Turgeon didn't. He said it's a huge advantage and he'll never apologize for it," Parrish said.

Originally a football-centric brand, Under Armour and its founder -- former Maryland football player Kevin Plank (pictured) -- have steadily gained ground on Nike and Adidas in the grassroots basketball world. The Under Armour Association, its travel basketball circuit, was home to more talented teams than ever before this past summer, when five of the top 10 players in the 2017 class played for Under Amour teams.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
That's messed up. He's a kid. Why post that stuff online? I'm sure her reputation speaks for itself.

She may have just been looking for some laughs, but honestly when there's electronic evidence of that nature they should just nullify any child support a guy has to pay. If you can prove that a woman was looking to be impregnated by you in order to get your money for nothing, it should free you. That shouldn't be a viable business plan, unfortunately it is for a very select few

Reaction Score
Ms. Queen of Nudes used him for notoriety the same way he used her for sex. He should have known better. This wasn't a wolf in sheep's clothing situation. If you followed him on Twitter for a year, you know he isn't the brightest bulb.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
She may have just been looking for some laughs, but honestly when there's electronic evidence of that nature they should just nullify any child support a guy has to pay. If you can prove that a woman was looking to be impregnated by you in order to get your money for nothing, it should free you. That shouldn't be a viable business plan, unfortunately it is for a very select few

Agree, entrapment is admitted - screw her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom