Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland) | Page 73 | The Boneyard

Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If it is not Wisconsin then I think sneaker power comes into play.. there is a reason why he went to midnight at Maryland with their 27 fans and not uconn after winning the title
what does 'sneaker power' mean?
Uconn is very well connected with Nike.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
That is not a positive for us with this recruit.

Stone has spent his entire AAU career playing for UA-sponsored teams. Shoe companies can have a lot of sway on the choices recruits make, as we saw when Blakeney committed to, then decommitted from, Louisville.

It's not the be-all end-all. But there's money on the line - for the kid, the brand and the school - so it's obviously a factor.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Diamond Stone's AAU team and coaching staff, who he is very close with, is sponsored by Under Armour. Maryland is sponsored by Under Armour, that's the connection he was trying to make.

Sneaker power, in terms of Adidas (Wisconsin), Nike (UConn, Oklahoma State), and Under Armour (Maryland). Nike has the best product yes, but its about who he's connected with.

Reaction Score
Remember when STARTER was a big deal?

So, you are saying that IF Connecticut based STARTER had boomed, we'd be better off than Maryland (Williams/Turgeon v Calhoun/Ollie ... all that Constant)?

Reaction Score
Whenever a recruiting process is this drawn out and captivating every boneyard member the recruit pretty much never chooses us. Whenever we think our future resides on this one prospect we tend not to land him when it's between a few schools. The player who we get instead of a guy like Stone is who I'm interested in. Maybe it's Enosh?

...as you can see I'm trying to prepare myself for bad news because I've been down this road way too many times.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Whenever a recruiting process is this drawn out and captivating every boneyard member the recruit pretty much never chooses us. Whenever we think our future resides on this one prospect we tend not to land him when it's between a few schools. The player who we get instead of a guy like Stone is who I'm interested in. Maybe it's Enosh?

...as you can see I'm trying to prepare myself for bad news because I've been down this road way too many times.
So are you referring to the Wolf man (Enosch) or the soon to be UConn dude (Enoch)!

Funny, until that misspelling I never made a connection.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
So are you referring to the Wolf man (Enosch) or the soon to be UConn dude (Enoch)!

Funny, until that misspelling I never made a connection.
I just hope this one doesn't play like the other.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I just hope this one doesn't play like the other.
I hope Enoch is an impact freshman like a few scouts have alluded, but Wolf actually was breaking out and looked like he could have a pretty good senior campaign if he didn't mess up off of the court.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I hope Enoch is an impact freshman like a few scouts have alluded, but Wolf actually was breaking out and looked like he could have a pretty good senior campaign if he didn't mess up off of the court.
And in the flow of events you have to ask yourself if AB would have kept the tournament run going if Wolf didn't mess up. Or be where he i now. But agree with your premise. Wolf was showing promise at the end of the prior season.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
UAUniversity playing well this season doesn't help us either, the one year...

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I am so sick of the Stone garbage
I would rather see UConn concentrate on a quality PG, a pure long range sharpshooter and some stretch 4s.
I am not saying that Stone is not warranted attention, but, while I love the kid who wore the uniform for one year, Drummond sure didn't lead UConn to the promised land.
Sometimes we put all the eggs in one basket when a few of the smaller ones could turn out better for the team.

Reaction Score
I like the quote about no one coming last minute to "sweet talk", that kinda leans KO?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I like the quote about no one coming last minute to "sweet talk", that kinda leans KO?
Not when the context is that Papa Stone has known Bo Ryan for more than 40 years.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I am so sick of the Stone garbage
I would rather see UConn concentrate on a quality PG, a pure long range sharpshooter and some stretch 4s.
I am not saying that Stone is not warranted attention, but, while I love the kid who wore the uniform for one year, Drummond sure didn't lead UConn to the promised land.
Sometimes we put all the eggs in one basket when a few of the smaller ones could turn out better for the team.
drummond was raw and only came to uconn(college) because he was forced to... we need a pg, a shooter, and stretch four, but IMO we need size upfront badly

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
and as everyone from Maryland is freaking out about their win....

Attachments

• dstone.png
    dstone.png
    101 KB · Views: 297
Reaction Score
Enoch could be our answer and he's already in the fold.
I know people who have been to numerous games. Enoch is not the answer to anything but is a project who could be a good player in time! Immediate impact ? i dont believe that will be the case. Anything is better than Nolan and Lubin!

Reaction Score
I know people who have been to numerous games. Enoch is not the answer to anything but is a project who could be a good player in time! Immediate impact ? i dont believe that will be the case. Anything is better than Nolan and Lubin!

We will need something from Nolan, Lubin or Enoch next year no doubt. Not sure how much improvement we can expect from Kentan although one can hope it's dramatic.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
We will need something from Nolan, Lubin or Enoch next year no doubt. Not sure how much improvement we can expect from Kentan although one can hope it's dramatic.
Someone posted one of his games. Watched it. Felt Enoch is similar to KF currently. More developed on the offensive end then the defensive end. Had a tendency in this game to not motor and rode the pine because of it. Went back in and was high octane. Kid is developing. Same as Kentan. Both have the tools but both lack experience because they only recently started playing bb. People expecting him to come in and transform the position probably have it wrong.

However he can play the five which I don't feel KF could do as well. And that allows KO to employ a lineup of PN and AB more frequently given the additional five fouls Enoch could provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom