Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland) | Page 75 | The Boneyard

Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
No, he is getting less minuts. Because he averaged more than 23 for most of the season and, in KO's opinion (which is certainly reasonable whether you agree with it or not) did nothing to deserve it.

By the way, if you need me to explain what an "average" is let me know.

Swag made this over the top argument:
he barely gets any time and doesnt get the ball enough to talk about his offensive game... in two years he's probably played a total of 10-15 total games, if that

alexd made this argument:
?????

Facey has played in every game this year and is averaging 23 mpg.

Swag countered:
doesnt seem it, especially when hamilton is playing at the four... i would like to see them design more plays for him on the block than brimah at this point

You wrote:
Why don't you ask the NCAA to keep different statistics. Maybe you would argue better if, instead of minutes per game, they kept track of how many minutes per game it feels like they are playing.

I wrote my point not seeing the first over the top post. Thought Swag was arguing minutes were reduced from his average. Take me to task about missing the start of the argument. But I can't see how my example does anything but demonstrate my understanding of "average".

Reaction Score
he barely gets any time and doesnt get the ball enough to talk about his offensive game... in two years he's probably played a total of 10-15 total games, if that
doesnt seem it, especially when hamilton is playing at the four... i would like to see them design more plays for him on the block than brimah at this point

Brimah is averaging about 17 ppg over his last three but you want more plays for Facey who really hasn't shown much ability to score except on put backs. Do you even watch the games? I really thought Kentan was a bright spot early in the year but he hasn't done much lately to even play over Phil. And it's not because of playing time. It's the reason his time on the court has diminished.

pj

Reaction Score
Why don't you ask the NCAA to keep different statistics. Maybe you would argue better if, instead of minutes per game, they kept track of how many minutes per game it feels like they are playing.

This would be tricky. There are times Phil Nolan plays 2 minutes and it feels like 20. Then there are times he plays 20 and it feels like 2.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
He's averaging that many minutes bc he was playing a lot at the beginning of the season until hamilton has turned into the player he is

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Brimah is averaging about 17 ppg over his last three but you want more plays for Facey who really hasn't shown much ability to score except on put backs. Do you even watch the games? I really thought Kentan was a bright spot early in the year but he hasn't done much lately to even play over Phil. And it's not because of playing time. It's the reason his time on the court has diminished.
How many of how points come from post moves or any moves at all? All his points come from lobs from hamilton or the ft line. He rebounds much better than nolan. Has shown a running hook shot and a nice jumper

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
It was definitely silly to suggest that "in two years he's probably played a total of 10-15 total games, if that".

Maybe if you watch games out of the corner of your eye with the volume off, you could be forgiven for being that far off.
How many games did he play last year? I'm not talking about games he stepped on the floor. Add up the minutes

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Either way we need stone or one of the other two bigs that are considering uconn to get size and weight upfront

Reaction Score
How many games did he play last year? I'm not talking about games he stepped on the floor. Add up the minutes
What does last year have to do with anything when you think he's played 10-15 games total and he's played twice that many just this year?

Reaction Score

A "game played" is any game you step on the court.

He only averaged 5 min per game last year, but he appeared in dozens.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Hate to say it but you're answering you're own question right? I mean he's playing 23-24 minutes a game and "it doesn't seem it" Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:eek:
since at cinci game(including cinci)
21,29,18,13,10,22,18,12,13...17 mpg?

Reaction Score

And we know why swag, he's not getting it done. He does some good things and shows signs but not enough to erase the fact he's basically clueless on the defensive end and still a bit unsure on the offensive end. Maybe this summer helps everything come together for him?

Reaction Score

He's not having an impact when he's playing. That's the bottom line. Early in the year he was making contested layups that stopped. Early in the year he was rebounding. That stopped. He's getting pushed around. Check him out when he's leaving the floor, looks mentally checked out.
No fire in the belly.
No power in the PF.

When Dham plays the 4 he's going after rebounds like he is hungry. Where's the hungry in KF?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
He's not having an impact when he's playing. That's the bottom line. Early in the year he was making contested layups that stopped. Early in the year he was rebounding. That stopped. He's getting pushed around. Check him out when he's leaving the floor, looks mentally checked out.
No fire in the belly.
No power in the PF.

When Dham plays the 4 he's going after rebounds like he is hungry. Where's the hungry in KF?
My take is he's trying to assimilate what he has been recently coached. It takes away from his instinctive strengths because he's trying to develop facets of the game he's not doing well and in that moments hesitation in uncertainty, his natural game suffers.

You can see the same things in AB whose game is different from what it used to be except during crunch time. Less blocking challenges and getting into position for rebounds. Last game was a failure. Still got fouls and struggled with rebounding. But two prior games he was successful.

Reaction Score
My take is he's trying to assimilate what he has been recently coached. It takes away from his instinctive strengths because he's trying to develop facets of the game he's not doing well and in that moments hesitation in uncertainty, his natural game suffers.

You can see the same things in AB whose game is different from what it used to be except during crunch time. Less blocking challenges and getting into position for rebounds. Last game was a failure. Still got fouls and struggled with rebounding. But two prior games he was successful.

That's why in another tread I mentioned that he would have gained from DD coming back. Learned from DD. Got spot time to implement the things he learned without losing confidence.

Hard to learn during game time.

Brimah has a something to fall back on. Blocks and oops!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
That's why in another tread I mentioned that he would have gained from DD coming back. Learned from DD. Got spot time to implement the things he learned without losing confidence.

Hard to learn during game time.

Brimah has a something to fall back on. Blocks and oops!
DD would have helped with this seasons record. But only way to develop bb IQ is to get in games. Practice simulation can only go so far imo. Hopefully next season KF will figure things out as a result of this season.

Still wish DD stayed one more year, but it was the right decision for him imo.

Reaction Score
DD would have helped with this seasons record. But only way to develop bb IQ is to get in games. Practice simulation can only go so far imo. Hopefully next season KF will figure things out as a result of this season.

Still wish DD stayed one more year, but it was the right decision for him imo.

Yeah but KF is just not ready. I do agree that game experience is important. And he would have got some backing up DD. Then having played 20 minutes in a backup role might have gained the confidence/IQ and skills to be a good contributor next year.

We're on the same page. I just rather him not start. Now we have to go small. Because KO doesn't trust him.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Yeah but KF is just not ready. I do agree that game experience is important. And he would have got some backing up DD. Then having played 20 minutes in a backup role might have gained the confidence/IQ and skills to be a good contributor next year.

We're on the same page. I just rather him not start. Now we have to go small. Because KO doesn't trust him.
That would have been the ideal scenario, I agree.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Seems to be the pattern. Thread starts on topic. An off topic argument breaks out and dominates the thread. You can start a thread on Motherhood and an argument over whether Bazz's or Boat's mother is better will break out.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
So back on topic - stone is NOT coming - right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom