Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland) | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bismack Biyombo. The NBA drafts length and athleticism. It doesn't work out all the time.

Reaction Score
What!!! All you can say is "low blow ;)".

I've got you covered. Didn't you notice which dude brought in the 2011 trophy at the first night ceremony. Yep, Chuck!
It seems there is poetic justice in this world.:cool:

Yeah fleudy I know you got my back lol........hey didn't Chuck stay here for all of his years and ride the bench until his time came and he never bitched either?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Yeah fleudy I know you got my back lol...hey didn't Chuck stay here for all of his years and ride the bench until his time came and he never bitched either?
Yep!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Yeah fleudy I know you got my back lol...hey didn't Chuck stay here for all of his years and ride the bench until his time came and he never bitched either?
He's the type of guy you're proud to call a husky. He loved being a husky even though he never got major minutes, and still contributed to a national championship. Felt good seeing him bring that trophy out.

Reaction Score
Again the yard underrates one of its own players. if he isn't gone this year, by his junior year he is a top 15 pick. or better. deal with it. rim protection in the nba is an incredible important asset, few teams have it. and he is athletic and a good free shooter. AND he has above average vision for a 7 footer, capable of making many different kinds of passes.

somebody brings up 4 and 3, doesn't mention how brimah was a top 5 shot block in ncaa as a freaking frosh. ofcourse he is raw, but he is progressing. high character high upside.

Reaction Score
Besides height, what's more important than fouls, minutes played, etc? Not being snarky just wondering.

The fact that offensive players are reluctant to even look at the rim when Brimah's in the game is something that is of value to the team beyond what is reflected in the stat sheet. Of course, that doesn't dis-prove your point - he needs to be on the court for that to matter.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
He's a long, long way from being an NBA player - obviously tall and athletic, but still so raw.
We haven't seen him play a game this year, so I don't know how we can predict anything. But - the unknowable - it wouldn't have shocked me if Thabeet had left after his soph year and been a first rounder somewhere. The NBA does draft off of potential for big guys. This kid has a clue on offense, something Thabeet still doesn't have, is certainly every bit the shot-blocker and isn't being dragged off the deck at nearly the rate Beet was. If he learns how to stay out of foul trouble and controls other centers on D (he didn't last year) in addition to the blocks and improves his rebounding, I wouldn't say his leaving is out of the realm.

Reaction Score
has any warm bod stood next to amida

does any dude know a dudette that stood next to amida

amida is 7+ feats til proven different

any crackpot have a class on dee big campuss with amida present so maybe they sat near him or walked by his desk to gage the big mans height

i did not think so

anyone see the center stand next to a teammate in the still position long enough to gage his tallness

i did not think so since bone guys love big mans motor and teammate height is more than likely fiction too

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
I agree with this but, and I never expected to say this a year or so ago, but Ryan Boatright is going to be an enormous loss for them.

Evolution. It happens if/when kids stick around long enough to learn, mature, grow and reap the rewards of sacrifice.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah you're right there are so many guys who jump to the NBA after averaging 4 and 3
why are you talking about his freshman year stats? ( which are actually on par with dikembes his freshman year) This projection is based on how he will be able to stay on the floor longer and raise his production... this year.

Reaction Score
why are you talking about his freshman year stats? ( which are actually on par with dikembes his freshman year) This projection is based on how he will be able to stay on the floor longer and raise his production... this year.
...and guess how many years Mutombo spent in college?

Reaction Score
three. but he could have left his sophomore year. it wouldn't have been far fetched. Brimah's game is compared to his, not okafor or thabeet. different than okafor in that brimah projects to be a true 5. different than thabeet because he is a way better athlete. we will see how he handles more minutes, maybe you're right, maybe i'm right. nothing would surprise me though.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score

Mutombo originally went to Georgetown to be a doctor and he spoke almost no English when he first got there. Not to mention that he is from the era where most of the best college players stayed for at least 3 years. Not really comparable.

Reaction Score
Mutombo originally went to Georgetown to be a doctor and he spoke almost no English when he first got there. Not to mention that he is from the era where most of the best college players stayed for at least 3 years. Not really comparable.
I wasn't the one who made the comparison.

Reaction Score
Any rivals subscribers out there that can cut and paste the latest article on Diamond's visit to Maryland? Probably sheds zero insight but I'd still like to read it.

https://rivals.yahoo.com/video/pres...land/Stone-getting-closer-to-decision-1130070

I was in a bagel shop yesterday and the guy who waited me had a nice(recent) Maryland Under Armour Jersey on so I mentioned Diamond Stone to him and Uconn/Maryland to him and he said he had just graduated. He said Diamond Stone looked bored out of his mind at their first night...

Not sure where he got that info but it was nice to hear

Reaction Score
I was in a bagel shop yesterday and the guy who waited me had a nice(recent) Maryland Under Armour Jersey on so I mentioned Diamond Stone to him and Uconn/Maryland to him and he said he had just graduated. He said Diamond Stone looked bored out of his mind at their first night...

Not sure where he got that info but it was nice to hear

Putting that Maryland degree to good use......:p

Reaction Score
More emptiness:
B0L56IgCYAAUIVy.jpg:small

R58xhne.jpg

Reaction Score
Wow, the Big 10 made some great decisions in picking up maryland and the state university of new jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom