Diamond Deshields transferring from UNC | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Diamond Deshields transferring from UNC

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Ok, I'll say it if it hasn't been yet. I'd take DD to UConn in a heartbeat. A nanosecond. In some other infinitesimally small period of time. She's talented as all get out and would have two years of eligibility after Stewie graduates. Geno doesn't tolerate drama, but he'd break her down and build her back up once she had nothing left.

Maybe she doesn't need to be broken down. Perhaps she needs a better leader?

Reaction Score
I am hearing TN. Debbie A said the same thing. She is really close friends with the lady vols and probably would have chosen TN if Davis had not chosen them first.

I think if she chooses TN that UCONN and TN fans will have some very special games in the future. She, along with the other newbies, are very talented. It would be fun to see the two teams playing brutal games again. I think WCBB would EAT IT UP!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
i'd love for it to be ND or Tennessee.
When we whopped them in the elite 8.
It would really mean something.
For ND she would have to sit out two years since it is, also, an ACC school.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Word on the street in Columbia is that she is transferring to Tennessee or South Carolina.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I am hearing TN. Debbie A said the same thing. She is really close friends with the lady vols and probably would have chosen TN if Davis had not chosen them first.

I think if she chooses TN that UCONN and TN fans will have some very special games in the future. She, along with the other newbies, are very talented. It would be fun to see the two teams playing brutal games again. I think WCBB would EAT IT UP!
With all due respect LV9 Tenn has 6'6 6'3 6'2 6'2 and Massingale and didnt win the conference. You dont need more good players to win. You need team players to win.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
With all due respect LV9 Tenn has 6'6 6'3 6'2 6'2 and Massingale and didnt win the conference. You dont need more good players to win. You need team players to win.

Or a better system/coach to 'allow' them to win.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Interesting thought. If her injuries require surgery and recover time maybe this is made her decide it was a good time to make this change. Maybe she knew she would need to sit anyway.

Give up a year vs medical redshirt and get to play the year ( eventually)...mmmmm....I wouldn't think so in this case...

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Nice. What are their cumulative rankings?

The issue that UCONN is going to have is that only one of these players is listed at 6-0. UCONN really needs to land a big. Maybe Higgins can transfer there. ;)
You're on a roll. We are certainly doomed.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I agree but it does still remain leverage that has been used. I believe Rene Portland used it at PSU back in the day.
That name is like waving a red flag in front of my face. Grrrrr.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

Unless there's an apology the most you'd see is ONE game a year in the NCAA's

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I wonder if she is has tweaked her knee is worse than we thought at the end of the season. I think it was the game before her final game she looked like she was in real pain twisting her knee and then rolling an ankle of the same leg. She really looked like she was struggling out there. Maybe it was a good time to give her knee a rest in addition to whatever else we may find out. If Mavunga wants to head north, I wouldn't be upset- she would be ready by then to walk in and be our ne
Diamond has tough decisions to make unless she's already made them. If the decision is already made, predict she goes to South Carolina to join A'ja. If not then who knows. She might be like EDD and just needs a year away from basketball.

Sitting out a year for Diamond will be the toughest for her unless she decides to go overseas to play which I'm sure she'll get a contract. Not the same big dollars she would have gotten three years from now, but still lucrative for an 18 year old. Don't see her going to a D2 or D3 school where she wouldn't have to sit out. She might be like EDD and just needs a year away from basketball. She's been playing injured since her Senior year in High School and a year off might be the best for her.
she really looked like she was in rough shape physically at the end of this season . I think if she was healthy, Stanford game would have been nip & tuck.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Tennessee would have lost Massengale, Graves, Harrison and Burdick by the time DeShields would be eligible.

Roster would be Carter, Reynolds, Moore, Tucker, Russell, Jones, Nared, Middleton, Dunbar along with DeShields.

Is this any better than the teams they've have recently?

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Maryland??? Lady Vols??? Those are my favorites for her phone calls...

Reaction Score
Hmmm...Did A'ja know this was going down before she made her decision for SC over NC et al.?
Good lord, I hope so. Can you imagine if she committed to UNC without knowing this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom