Diamond Deshields transferring from UNC | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Diamond Deshields transferring from UNC

Status
Not open for further replies.

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
alex, don't you have to know more about the dynamic that produced this situation - one in which the head coach was blind sided. Pure hypothetical, but what if the interpersonal dynamic of the team was horrible and she was at the center of it? What if she was about to be declared academically ineligible due to?? 'Til the situation is clear ...

It doesn't particularly surprise me that Hatchell was 'blind sided'. By her own admission she hasn't been with the team the entire year. If there were issues within the team, I really doubt if her staff would have mentioned it to her (Hatchell). She was/is battling something far more serious and needed to focus there.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
She had knee and ankle problems the last few games. Think that had anything to do with all of this?

Interesting thought. If her injuries require surgery and recover time maybe this is made her decide it was a good time to make this change. Maybe she knew she would need to sit anyway.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
What about Achonwa playing for the Canadian Olympic Team. Natalie was playing against and maybe with pros.
But the national team itself is non compensated and includes amateurs.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Comment on ESPN page say's rumor is she wants to follow best friend Te'a Cooper and Asia Durr to UT. Hmmmmm

ESPN has only UNC as a school being considered by Cooper.

Durr has the following schools listed.
Connecticut Huskies, Notre Dame Fighting Irish, Maryland Terrapins, Duke Blue Devils, Baylor Lady Bears, Tennessee Lady Volunteers

Diamond's final list included the following
Connecticut Huskies, Maryland Terrapins, Duke Blue Devils, Tennessee Lady Volunteers, North Carolina

Common schools for Durr and Diamond: UCONN, Maryland, Duke, Tennessee

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Mike Flynn is saying rumors are Lady Vols, Georgia, South Carolina, Kentucky and Texas.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Comment on ESPN page say's rumor is she wants to follow best friend Te'a Cooper and Asia Durr to UT. Hmmmmm

If this is true, Samuelson and Callier are must gets for UCONN in 2015.

Reaction Score
Although Scaife and her would be scary together.

I'm betting she goes closer to home. Perhaps UGA?
She's just what RU needs. She'd go along with Scaife, Copper and that shot-blocking center perfectly...

Last edited by a moderator:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Mike Flynn is saying rumors are Lady Vols, Georgia, South Carolina, Kentucky and Texas.

I cannot see her going to a school that has no chance at a title, so cross off Georgia, Kentucky and Texas. That would leave UT and South Carolina.

Reaction Score
Wbbfan1 said:

Well there was recently a rumor that Wilson was going to UNC. That turned out to be wrong.

I hope she declares where she is heading soon. I see this thread going to he11 in a hand basket - which on the cusp of Easter would be sadly inappropriate in terms of secular celebrations of the day.

Reaction Score
I honestly need some help here. What 'bad behavior' by DD is being referenced?
I totally agree! "Bad behavior"?? Who among us knows DD? Who among us has walked in her shoes? Way too much speculation on way too few facts. There are potentially 1000 legitimate reasons why she is transferring from UNC and, until we become enlightened, or not, we should wish her only the best in whatever direction she chooses.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score

and the University of Southern North Dakota at Hoople

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Could it maybe be just possible that DD has come to realize that maybe she DOES need coaching to get better and that she is not likely to get it at NC-C? She would definitely get it at UConn and SCar, maybe at Md, less likely at KY or Texas and even less at Ga or UT. If she came to Geno and said something like; "Coach, I screwed up royally and am now ready to listen to you and do whatever it takes to be the best that I can be." don't you think that maybe Geno might listen? I know that this is pure speculation, but so is everything else in this thread, so....

Reaction Score
But, not getting paid for it. There were a few amateur golfers playing in the Masters this past week, too - and, amateur golfers have won professional tourneys. They just don't get paid, so, they retain amateur status.
Golf isn't a team sport. I think some tennis players have done it too, again, not a team sport. I don't know, hence why I asked. I can see an advantage to be gained by an amateur playing a team sport with professionals. Is it unfair? Maybe.

Reaction Score
I cannot see her going to a school that has no chance at a title, so cross off Georgia, Kentucky and Texas. That would leave UT and South Carolina.

I see Texas as top 10 next year, with 2 great frosh. They definitely could be a contender, particularly with DD.

sTu

Reaction Score
"Any coach in America will take Diamond. UCONN hasn't landed a top 10 recruit in the last two classes, which could be felt after Stewart leaves. If Geno doesn't feel good about any of the top 10 players in 2015 taking Diamond is a no-brainer. "

In your world perhaps. There are plenty of folks that have Gabby in the top two pre injury. And Nurse may well turn out to be a top 10 at the least recruit.

For instance:
"McCormick on the Huskies: “Gabby Williams is one of the best players I’ve ever seen"

Reaction Score
Tyree was the first to mention this rumor turned truth and has been spot on with other predictions. He is also someone who has said Te'a is Tennessee's. She is committed somewhere I believe because she filmed an MTV special and her announcement is on that show I believe sometime in June. Tyree mentioned Georgia being in the mix. Diamond's mom is a former Lady Vol AA track star so the connections are there along with close relationships with Mercedes and Andraya (but she has close friends on many teams that recruited her). All speculation, no answers, just sharing what I've heard and give some of you insight to where the idea Tennessee is in the mix comes from.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Rutgers would be a perfect fit.

Leaving Chapel Hill for Newark, Patterson..... wherever RU is located... Bridgewater?? That doesnt make any sense. She has to be going to a SEC school.

Reaction Score
I sure hope the ACC has the two-year rule, because DD on ND would be frightening.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If Geno was that despert , he would lose all the way [all he preached and his record would show it..]

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Any coach in America will take Diamond. UCONN hasn't landed a top 10 recruit in the last two classes, which could be felt after Stewart leaves. If Geno doesn't feel good about any of the top 10 players in 2015 taking Diamond is a no-brainer.

It's far from a no brainer. Those of us who have been following the way Geno & Chris do things are very much aware that they have very specific requirements for what constitutes a "UCONN" type of player. It doesn't mean someone is a bad person, just maybe not the type of personality that would blend in with the team the way they want. And this can change during or after recruiting is done. Despite all best efforts to evaluate players mistakes can be made. That's why there have been some transfers from UCONN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom