Diamond Deshields transferring from UNC | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Diamond Deshields transferring from UNC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Personally I think that no, the conference and Big East, now AAC titles do not mean much to this program..... Only NCAA titles do..... i think that is why they did not cut down the nets after winning game to put them into final 4

Holly is to be congratulated on her winning percentage, and for those who think she is doing an exemplary job, so be it. I think they could do better..... but as our TN friends have stated on this forum, give her a little more time...... I think they have some incredible players..... who perhaps could be coached a bit more up to potential..... but that is me

Reaction Score
Yes, she is standing on Summitt's shoulders, however, she is winning a lot. That was the initial complaint concerning Warlick's Tennesse woman's teams. Only three coaches have a better winning record. Pretty good! Summitt took over a very good team from Margaret Hudson (1971-74 60-18 76.9%). Yes, Auriemma took over a "nonexistent" program so comparing Warklick's first two years with Auriemma is unfair. It is also unfair to compare Warlick, a new hear coach, with 2 years experience with the legend, Auriemma, with 29 years of head coach experience.
Only 3 coaches on that list. I don't know how many more there are, but that's only a partial list. I know for a fact the name Leon Barmore should be up there close to Geno, who just surpassed Leon in percentage late this season.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
the mercedes i saw got better and better and on one sequence blocked 4 shots against maryland in the sweet 16. she will was playing behind izzy and graves, who two of the best post players in the country. it will come.
Did you actually watch Graves last year?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
whatever you guys. DD's jump shot is the truth. she can get it off from any spot on the floor. kinda like Maya in that regard.

Uh.............getting off shots and making them are two different things.

42% and 27%.

Reaction Score
IF a family member is ill she can chose to play for a school within 100 miles (i think) from her home and the ncaa will probably grant a hardship waiver to allow her to play immediately without sitting a year out like a typical transfer. I'm not sure how close UT, USC, or UGA are from Atlanta..

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Realty check, Diamond De Shields stats:

42% FG 27% 3s 92 assists 122 turnovers
That is the player I saw. She has a big upside athletically but only if she finds a coach she will let bring the best out of her. One who will teach her fundamentals and discipline.

She is an uncut Diamond. Until she is shaped by by a skilled craftsman she is just another interesting stone but one whose real value will go unrecognized.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I would like to see stats on how her shooting trended in the last third of the season. Did she improve at the end of the year or were these stats consistent throughout the year.

Her shot is a classic motion and I suspect that her numbers improved as she settled into college play.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
whatever you guys. DD's jump shot is the truth. she can get it off from any spot on the floor. kinda like Maya in that regard.
Getting a shot off is not the point. Making that shot and shooting it from quality locations is. You have watched too much highlight footage with the bad edited out. She has skills, no discipline.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Some WBC coaches' winning percentages:

• [ ]Auriemme 86.9%
    [ ]Summitt 84.1%
    [ ]Van Derveer 81.9%
    [ ]Warlick 80% (56-14)
    [ ]Mulkey 79%
    [ ]Hatchell 78.8%
    [ ]Conradt 74.4%
    [ ]McGraw 73.5%
    [ ]C Viv 73.1%
    [ ]Foster 72.2%
    [ ]Frese 71.5%
    [ ]Blair 71%
    [ ]Coale 68.4%
    [ ]Yow 68.2%
Not all that bad for only two years as a head coach. Auriemma's (48.1%) and Summitt's (62.7%) first two years were not as good.

The difference being when Holly arrived at TN the cupboard was loaded with fine China and she still has a team that bows out in the big games.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score

"The Kool-Aid is strong in this one.."

upload_2014-4-18_6-56-36.jpeg

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
DD has a talent that is undeniable. The jump shot is one of the most beautiful that I have seen. I think that the comparison to Moore is a good one as their games have many similarities. Diamond is probably better at getting to the basket than Maya was while in college.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I am disgusted that I got up this morning and had to devote 10 minutes to deleting and editing posts that were chock full of adolescent-type speculation. Here's a clue:

If your post about Diamond's personality or motivation begin with the words "I think" or "I wonder" or "I heard" then are are SPECULATING. If the speculation is derogatory, then it is HARMFUL SPECULATION and a violation of board rules. I just don't get why you people need to make up this crap about a young girl who just finished her FRESHMAN year in college. You don't know her, you don't know why she's transferring. It is disgusting and I'm tired of saying this same thing over and over again.

If your post has disappeared from this thread, tread lightly because my tolerance for this type of thing is now at zero. My life would be so much easier if I didn't have to deal with people that make themselves feel better by insulting a child. Shame on you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69