Diamond Deshields officially to Tennessee | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Diamond Deshields officially to Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am not ND fan but I would still give ND's backcourt the edge. JL and KM were the best backcourt in the country last year.
Loyd and Allen were technically the point and 2 guard and as good as they are, I'll take Jefferson and Hartley all day over those 2, especially in a money game. KM, while more a backcourt type player, was basically a 3, so if you want to include her in the discussion, I'll take Jefferson, Hartley and KML, over Loyd/Allen/McBride. Now if we include the frontcourt of Dolson/Stewart v. Achonwa/Braker it becomes a laughable NO contest.

And since this is a hypothetical discussion about having healthy players available, let's look at the bench.....

A 100% Tuck and Banks along with Stokes, or Cable/Mabrey/Wright???

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
I think DD impact on the Tenn program will depend on whether or not she actually finishes her college eligibility at Tenn. I suspect that next year while DD sits out her mandatory year...she will complete the course work for her sophomore year. She will play her 2nd year of eligibility while completing course work for her junior year. She will play her third year of eligibility while completing course work for her senior year. Does DD allow her high school classmates to gain a year in the WNBA on her or does she pass on her final year of eligibility and go pro after playing two years at TN. I think she goes to the "W"...

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I was simply responding to the post. ND losing her at that point in the season did change everything for them. the same way UCONN looked better when KML was back on the court. every news commentator at ESPN noted the problem for ND being their lack of post defense with NA out with an injury. seems like you are going off on a rant for no reason. it was just a thought.
Im off on a rant because all we've heard is if NA played and if NA played. Alot of ifs if NA played. She didnt and ND lost and I was just fed up with all the IFs. UConn won and thats it. As I said didnt mean to offend you but its like getting the Tenn UConn series back again. Its not gonna happen to Tenn apologizes.

Reaction Score
Tonyc - love your posts.... and our TN friends enjoy your contributions as well..... yeah whether or not NA played is moot point.... and yes, Morgan Tuck playing and KML healthy well that would negate any plus NA was to give ND..... but the facts are..... CGA was 8-0.... who would suggest that his team was inferior to ND? I don't see the need to defend this.....

Although I will say that I am a big fan of KM and JL's game, and like Muffet very much as a tactical coach. Credit where credit is due

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Hey ice, it's like one thread on a superstar player who choose her school. trust me, I look over these threads all the time and there are scant threads concerning lady vol basketball. At volnation I enjoy keeping up with threads concerning uconn. It's sometimes nice to get a diff prospective. If the uconn tenn rivalry wasn't such a huge moment in wcbb, then I doubt one would hardly take notice of a lady vol thread.
Boxer, I enjoy your posts not so much many others I just want a filter for Tennessee because I have no interest in it on a UCONN board. I would go to VolNation if I had any interest. Sometimes it is like having house guests that won't leave.

Reaction Score
Im off on a rant because all we've heard is if NA played and if NA played. Alot of ifs if NA played. She didnt and ND lost and I was just fed up with all the IFs. UConn won and thats it. As I said didnt mean to offend you but its like getting the Tenn UConn series back again. Its not gonna happen to Tenn apologizes.
Who actually believes Achonwa would have made that much of a difference? I don't think even Muffet would say that. Obviously it has some impact, but even Muffet herself said after the game that she knew UConn was good, but didn't realize how good. She's probably glad to have UConn back on the schedule, because you see what UConn does to a team when they play them cold. Dolson said they knew they were going to win the game from the opening tap, and I believe her. Just like when Stewie says she came to UConn to win four national championships, and she's halfway there, I believe her too. Other teams can chirp about how they have the best back or front court in the nation or talk trash on social media or in interviews, but there's only one team that consistently gets it done and puts its money where its mouth is. By the way, I think the apologies Geno is demanding aren't for him. As I understand it he wants them for Maya and her mom. There must be a lot of sour grapes growing in Tennessee. It's not quite as bad as the K-State/Romero situation, but Tennessee, upset that they didn't land Moore, vindictively tried to find an NCAA violation. That's the kind of thing that could hurt their recruiting. Apparently the recruiting pitch on Rocky Top is come to our school, or else.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
A really relevant rant with some absolutely awesome alliteration, cunningly crafted, compeer!

As far as, recapturing the magic of the old rivalry goes, I agree with Tony, those days are happily gone and live on only in the night terrors of those who lived them.

One of the few positives, springs from the choice to place the “Summitt” behind bars…. [Good lord, for the sake of the children, I do hope that it remains forever shackled in its inglorious pit of doom and despair, its denizens shuttering under the grotesque thumbs of their overlords.]

Unfortunately, I suppose it is inevitable that UConn and UTenn will meet in the tourney someday, but for the sake of all that is good and holy, I hope that day holds off for as long as possible.

The truth is that the fanbases just don’t do well together… the typical Utenn fan may be a civilized human being outside of his/her/its world of WCBB fandom, but he/she/it is most definitely a barbarian inside that world. Fandom is a war to them. Not a fun, playful, normal kind of war typical of normal, emotionally healthy, semi-rational sports fans that can be found from north to south and coast to coast, but a dark, dank, dismal kind of war dripping with delusion, demonization & despair. Think typical fandom and magnify the devolution effect of fandom by several orders of magnitude… then add the equivalent of conversational brass knuckles, all manner of shanks, shivs & saliva. For them, outsiders must be stripped of their dignity & humanity and paraded naked in front of the little folk as a warning. Other teams coaches and players must be discredited on a personal level. Disagreement must be destructive and completely disagreeable.

Obviously, those few UTenn fans that are closer in fan temperament to LV9 and AVF are engaging and easy to deal with in a forum like the BY. BUT, be advised…. this is a Pandoric box that will be opened… the phantasmagoria, ghosts, grotesque sprites, malicious, mischievous and malevolent goblins will once again be set upon WCBB fandom. The question is::: Are you ready for them?

So, for me, there is little else to be said other than BOO, hiss, bah to a Uconn – Utenn game.

Old-timers will see my post for what it is, a true softening of my long held opinion on the topic…. For the more recent members of our BY community, believe me.., I’ve mellowed.

Have a nice day
Boooooooooooooooooooooo

Reaction Score
i get your point. i still think UCONN would have won but NA would have made a huge difference in the post. UCONN had a field day in the paint. the game would have been closer but UCONN would have likely still won.

Reaction Score
Boxer, I enjoy your posts not so much many others I just want a filter for Tennessee because I have no interest in it on a UCONN board. I would go to VolNation if I had any interest. Sometimes it is like having house guests that won't leave.
^^^^The reason why visitors feel unwelcome!

Reaction Score
Notre Dame was missing their senior center and arguably their most important piece when UCONN exploited their interior defense. that changed everything. you can't leave that part out of the story.

UConn beat ND by 21 and Hartley and KML had probably their worst games of their career shooting from 3 pt territory. So as long as we are talking about "ifs" then what would the score would have been "if" they shot their average? It very easily could have been a 30 or 35 point victory.

Reaction Score
If Holly does a good job, TN will get to TB.... it is all up to her, much more so than the players.... got to develop the defense, overhaul the offense, adjust tactically, and insist on discipline, particularly on offense.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
inbeforethelock3zd.jpg

JS

Reaction Score
Now, you wouldn't want to take your cues from one person.

Ice is just being a grumpy ol' bear. And can always put you on ignore if he wants to.

We have regular visits from fans of all the major basketball powers. But we don't just limit it to fans of the top programs. LV fans are welcome too.

one-angry-polar-bear-john-telfer.jpg

Reaction Score

Visitors feel unwelcome on the Boneyard, you have no idea the reception UConn fans received when posting on the summitt, For heaven sake they even made fun of things they read posted here. I,too am glad they locked that board,so I don't have to read the filth they spew on Geno and UConn. No I don't ever want to play them again.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
i get your point. i still think UCONN would have won but NA would have made a huge difference in the post. UCONN had a field day in the paint. the game would have been closer but UCONN would have likely still won.
That could be but we will never know.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
We understand that LV fans are excited about getting Cooper and DeShields and with Nared coming and Russell a number 1 at 6'6 they have reason to be excited. However to come here and try and fantasize about beating UConn, well thats an unrealistic dream . First of all UConn is light years ahead of all teams in WCBB and opposing coaches know it. As great as ND was this season UConn played poorly and won by 20+ and UConn did that against most teams. Tenn isnt there and wont be for quite sometime.

First off a large part of the LV will graduate or be in their last season when DD can play. That presents a problem. Holly needs post players, bigs underneath and she has to get them this year and develop them next season and thats something Tenn has not done well for many years prior to Holly getting the head coaching job. UConn is more then just great players. UConn is about commitment, discipline, attitude, and team. When the games on the line everybody knows Tenn will get someone to take someone one on one usually their go to player. At UConn they run plays to get someone open. These are two entirely different brands of BB.

So lets get Tenn to make the elite 8 or win their conference title, and have Tenn dominate what some posters on the Summitt refered to as cupcake teams. Because over the years Tenn has struggled with a roster of HS AAs against lesser teams. So with all due respect, Tenn is talented again this season with 6'2 6'3 6'6. Lets see them run over some decent teams and not struggle. Lets see them make the Elite 8 and maybe the FF. Last season was another disappointment to not be in the FF in their home state and to see UConn and Geno pass Pat with most NC wins. To all Tenn fans imo your setting yourself up for a huge disappointment because the LVs still dont have the future roster of verbals to go along with DD TC and Nared. It will be a bigger disappointment when those 3 stars realize that for themselves.

Reaction Score

You want to know what unwelcome really feels like, you should post on the Summitt as a UConn fan. I assume you know that they locked it to keep out all opposing view points that didn't match theirs. You will never see on the BY the hate and vitriol that is standard fare on the Summitt. I've actually been amazed at the hospitality and civility being shown to the recent influx of TN posters. Where have you folks been while your team was underperforming? You've got a couple of great recruits; congratulations. But I would tone down the expectations until your team actually makes it back to a FF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom