Diaco's debut at Nebraska | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Diaco's debut at Nebraska

Reaction Score
I think of how he is still on our payroll after being the frosting on Paul's cake. The immeasurable damage done goes WAY beyond the he still gets our money factor
You can feel a little better - he's not on UConn payroll. He got all money due to him per contract no later than 60 days after he was termed.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
The key from failing before you become successful is you have to learn from your mistakes. After one game, it sounds like he's learned nothing. There will be no HC position in his future if he continues to have zero social awareness and a terrible philosophy on defense. It may have worked to a degree here and had some success at Notre Dame, but it's clear that people do not like the bend but don't break strategy from a visual standpoint. It gives offenses a lot of wiggle room to move down the field and makes D units look weak and ineffective. As we all remember, our fan base got tired of it and Nebraska fans are already fed up with it after 1 game.

I'm not trying to be a Diago defender here, I'm happy he's gone.

But there's a pretty successful coach that uses that bend but don't break philosophy. I guess he's just a whole lot better at teaching it

Bill Belichick sound familiar? :)

As for Paul Pasq's zone blocking schemes, well that's another story

Six years of living in football hell, amazing we're still kicking the tires

Reaction Score
This is from their board:
Bob Diaco's refusal for postgame interview unacceptable

Step up to the plate. Own it like a man and a Husker. The kids couldn't side step it. Lead by example. We aren't ND or Connecticut fans. We know a crap show when we see it.Not saying it can't/won't improve, but the schtick will get old if you don't own up.

All they need to do is come to this board and do 1 simple search to see what kind of idiots we are. Then look at the postings BEFORE the ND Golden Boy had a disastrous 3 year track record as Head Coach.

The search term is "Fire Diaco"

Reaction Score
One of their posters said "
Do we say nice things here about our former coaches? Zero percent worried about what UConn fans have to say about their fired ex-coach."

I get the premise and generally agree but I have a feeling that guy is going to be an apologista.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Poor Crazy Bob. Only came to the game with his "So proud of my guys" note card. Must not have contemplated disappointment.

Reaction Score
Bob Diaco's defense on red alert after Red Wolves roll Huskers for 497 yards

LINCOLN — Bob Diaco was nowhere to be seen.

As the clock hit 11 p.m. and 11 weary defenders huddled one last time, Nebraska’s knight in shining black armor — the guru for whom Mike Riley gave $825,000 a year and entrusted a whole lot more — was six floors up in Memorial Stadium, communicating with his assistants via headset.

Surely there are advantages in scheming a game from the press box. But with two seconds left and a season opener in doubt, a coach has to wonder.

These pesky Red Wolves were moving south toward a nearly full moon, ready to howl with delight. They needed 11 more yards and a two-point conversion to complete a stunning upset. If ever there were a time for the Blackshirts to look their new defensive coordinator in the eyes, this was it.

Instead, assistants Trent Bray and John Parrella barked instructions. AC/DC blasted on the stadium speakers. Ninety thousand plus stood and awaited Arkansas State’s 89th snap.

This is what you waited eight months for, right? A four-hour, fist-clenching, teeth-grinding, nail-biting, pull-your-hair-out horror flick? No, of course not. You expected Bob Diaco to storm into Lincoln like Bo Pelini Jr.
When it was over Saturday night, Diaco was nowhere to be seen. He declined post-game interviews, leaving the explanations to Riley and the players. Maybe he headed home to get some sleep. Maybe he headed to his office to get started on the film. Wherever he is, the questions and concerns aren’t going away.

Whether Husker fans see him at all doesn’t really matter. But they better see progress.

Full article is at:
Chatelain: Bob Diaco's defense on red alert after Red Wolves roll Huskers for 497 yards

Reaction Score
This job is gonna make him age faster than what he had to experience at UConn.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
upload_2017-9-3_21-9-15.png

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
I'm not trying to be a Diago defender here, I'm happy he's gone.

But there's a pretty successful coach that uses that bend but don't break philosophy. I guess he's just a whole lot better at teaching it

Bill Belichick sound familiar? :)

As for Paul Pasq's zone blocking schemes, well that's another story

Six years of living in football hell, amazing we're still kicking the tires
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Did you reference Bill Bellicheck with Bobby Cranberypants? Not even in the same universe. You must be Warde Manuel.

Reaction Score
One of their posters said "
Do we say nice things here about our former coaches? Zero percent worried about what UConn fans have to say about their fired ex-coach."

I get the premise and generally agree but I have a feeling that guy is going to be an apologista.

I posted this on Twitter today, didn't even see the Nebraska game, but I know Bob's calling card.

Reaction Score
As long as the trophy is a toilet inscribed with Diaco's likeness and the loser has to keep the throne
upload_2017-9-4_7-16-54.png

You would think that with the money he left with he could afford a new wardrobe. Classless weird individual, how to piss off a fan base. Play calling aside, he must be looking for a new job already with a school that has a blue and white color scheme. I wonder if he is wearing those cranberry skinny jeans. What a DEBACLE!!!! Maybe he took too many hits to the head as a player. Thank God he and all his weirdness are gone. Like Butch said this will age him a lot faster, 90K looking for his head. GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
View attachment 24608
You would think that with the money he left with he could afford a new wardrobe. Classless weird individual, how to piss off a fan base. Play calling aside, he must be looking for a new job already with a school that has a blue and white color scheme. I wonder if he is wearing those cranberry skinny jeans. What a DEBACLE!!!! Maybe he took too many hits to the head as a player. Thank God he and all his weirdness are gone. Like Butch said this will age him a lot faster, 90K looking for his head. GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This must some weird compulsion to stand out in a crowd. Guy wears red at UConn and blue at Nebraska?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Who needs a good laugh.....

The Tony Soprano clip cracked me up.

I knew he was insane but this dude really is old school, straight up creepy.

Whaler, can you see if anyone in Vegas is taking odds on how many years before we find a body in his yard? Or let me know the over under on how many times a week his teeth feel any sort of bristle?

upload_2017-9-4_20-30-17.png

Reaction Score
He was certainly schooled in dealing with the media. Interesting. We might not see Diaco-isms again. Being a head coach and a coordinator certainly are different jobs.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Holy Crap.

2 thoughts

1. Someone at Nebraska needs to tell him to cut the nonsense holding onto to the clip on mic. It somehow makes him even more odious.

2. Good news Mrs. Diaco - Bob is going to be free for Thanksgiving supper this year.

It's not out of the question that he gets fired after the Oregon game. He is that big of a loser and that big of a liability.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom