Diaco's debut at Nebraska | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Diaco's debut at Nebraska

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Yeah Riley was great for Oregon State.

Nebraska is one of the toughest jobs in the country now between expectations and resources.

He's going to drown there.

You cant recruit there anymore. In the wild west days of the Big 8, they could go pay guys from L.A. to come to Lincoln, but those days are gone and they might as well be in the Dakotas.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Hmm, some astute Nebraska fans realized he was a clown after the first damn game.

Wonder how many years it'll take for fellow Husker fans to call them negative board ruiners before they all catch up...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You cant recruit there anymore. In the wild west days of the Big 8, they could go pay guys from L.A. to come to Lincoln, but those days are gone and they might as well be in the Dakotas.

Yep that's exactly what I was referring to.

In state the schools are so small many are moving to 7-7 or dropping football because they can't field teams.

The farms got so efficient you don't need to have 5 male children to help run them.

Reaction Score
This is from their board:
Bob Diaco's refusal for postgame interview unacceptable

Step up to the plate. Own it like a man and a Husker. The kids couldn't side step it. Lead by example. We aren't ND or Connecticut fans. We know a crap show when we see it......Not saying it can't/won't improve, but the schtick will get old if you don't own up.

Reaction Score
It's cool. Love and brotherhood. Keep pushing that mantra, Coach Crantaloons.

Reaction Score
This season is already a success just because that clown is gone. I feel bad for Nebraska fans but hopefully when he's fired his reputation is so bad he only gets a LB coaching job. It's about time his pay reflects his actual work.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Diaco had one great year with Mantei freaking Teo. Without him and his fake girlfriend I wonder if Bob ever even gets the job here.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Diaco had one great year with Mantei freaking Teo. Without him and his fake girlfriend I wonder if Bob ever even gets the job here.

Ha, LSU had a coach in the 90s that really tanked the program for years to come. That guy's name was Curly Hallman. He is and was a terrible coach. He got the LSU job based solely on the success he had at Southern Miss, where he found a no name qb name Favre to win him some games. Bob D is UConn's Curly Hallman.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

Step up to the plate. Own it like a man and a Husker. The kids couldn't side step it. Lead by example. We aren't ND or Connecticut fans. We know a crap show when we see it.Not saying it can't/won't improve, but the schtick will get old if you don't own up.

Lmao. Have they read our board the past 3 seasons?

Reaction Score

Step up to the plate. Own it like a man and a Husker. The kids couldn't side step it. Lead by example. We aren't ND or Connecticut fans. We know a crap show when we see it.Not saying it can't/won't improve, but the schtick will get old if you don't own up.

After that, I don't feel for Nebraska fans. SUFFER!!! Muahahahahahahaha.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I believe Diaco's defensive philosophy is sound if you have the athletes to run it (like Norte Dame). A defensive line that can create its own pressure, linebackers that can run, cover, and run stuff, secondary that are freak athletes and can cover ground while supporting the run. Not too many programs, including Nebraska that has all of this especially with depth.
Philosophy /scheme is part of the equation, but coaching at this level and above is all about adjustments. If he wants to play square peg round hole he'll surely crash and burn. And Riley won't be afraid to can him after year one if the defense truly is bad.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I swear that the following conversation was happening in real-time in my head during the Holy Cross game:

First half: "That bastard Diaco is probably watching the scoreline and getting a lot of joy out of this."

Second half: "Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!"

After reading Nebraska comments: "HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!"

The man just makes everything more enjoyable now... :cool:

Reaction Score
Posters are complaining that Diaco ran base D 98% of the time and speculating that he is saving all the nickel formations and creative blitz schemes for the Oregon game. Poor folks. This is going to be fun to watch from a distance.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Uh, we knew it too. Too late perhaps, but everyone knew it.

To be fair to Bob, someone should drop by their board and let them know that this year just counts as exhibition games anyway.

#winningbreakfast

Reaction Score
He was a pretty good defensive coordinator before coming to UConn, so as long as he's not head coach he might be good.

Many times people have to fail before becoming successful. If he learned from his mistakes, he might do a better job the next time he gets a HC position

Is that you Bob?

Reaction Score

Link? I would like to respond to that. We aren't a bunch cornfed rubes.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Posters are complaining that Diaco ran base D 98% of the time and speculating that he is saving all the nickel formations and creative blitz schemes for the Oregon game. Poor folks. This is going to be fun to watch from a distance.

Bobby wouldn't know a "creative blitz scheme" if one jumped up and bit him in the ass. Blitzes are far too dangerous to be implemented in any defensive scheme, based upon the gospel of defense according to Coach Diablo.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
How sad someone would write like this about a coach after only the first game at the prestigious Corn Cob U. I feel for the fans...;)
Chatelain: Bob Diaco's defense on red alert after Red Wolves roll Huskers for 497 yards

I think normally I would come here and comfort fellow Husky fans and say let it go. This will not happen as I can't myself. I think of how he is still on our payroll after being the frosting on Paul's cake. The immeasurable damage done goes WAY beyond the he still gets our money factor. The apathy he caused our fan base may never be recovered.
0:13 to 0:40 here will give philosophy of playing defense on a football team a new meaning.
nebraska football in the news - Yahoo Video Search Results

It won't take long before Corn Husker fans and writers realize they would just as soon not hear from him. He is a classic to the throw back "if you can't amaze them with intelligence, baffle them with bull spit". He got away with that here for awhile as we were clinging to any hope of a messiah of any form. Corn Cobbers are not going to put up with it and he knows it. He can run but he can't hide....We will never get retribution but still fun to watch as he put the pressure on himself first game in ignoring those that feed the fans...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom