Diaco's debut at Nebraska | The Boneyard

Diaco's debut at Nebraska

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
BTN during the game keep referring to Diaco like he really is a brand of football. And they regurgitated some of his crazy quotes.

Back at the studio, their take away on the game was that the Nebraska D was dissappointing.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
He was a pretty good defensive coordinator before coming to UConn, so as long as he's not head coach he might be good.

Many times people have to fail before becoming successful. If he learned from his mistakes, he might do a better job the next time he gets a HC position

Reaction Score
He was a pretty good defensive coordinator before coming to UConn, so as long as he's not head coach he might be good.

Many times people have to fail before becoming successful. If he learned from his mistakes, he might do a better job the next time he gets a HC position

The key from failing before you become successful is you have to learn from your mistakes. After one game, it sounds like he's learned nothing. There will be no HC position in his future if he continues to have zero social awareness and a terrible philosophy on defense. It may have worked to a degree here and had some success at Notre Dame, but it's clear that people do not like the bend but don't break strategy from a visual standpoint. It gives offenses a lot of wiggle room to move down the field and makes D units look weak and ineffective. As we all remember, our fan base got tired of it and Nebraska fans are already fed up with it after 1 game.

Reaction Score
I believe Diaco's defensive philosophy is sound if you have the athletes to run it (like Norte Dame). A defensive line that can create its own pressure, linebackers that can run, cover, and run stuff, secondary that are freak athletes and can cover ground while supporting the run. Not too many programs, including Nebraska that has all of this especially with depth.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Terrible they held on to win.

They survived because Ark St ran out of time at the Nebraska doorstep trying to tie.

Nebraska kneecapped themselves with Riley - adding Diaco they are going to burn it to the ground.

Riley is a good second tier program coach. I thought he was one of the best coaches in college football when he was at Oregon State. Nebraska is just a bad fit for him.

Diaco is terrible and should be coaching high school.

Reaction Score

Eventually he will crash and burn as Nebraska's DC unless he learns offense right quick, that's his great weakness. No matter how well he teaches his linebackers how to tackle, he can't properly prepare a defense if he can't understand the opposing teams offense.

Reaction Score
The guy really only had one good year at Notre Dame, glad to see him struggle and nebraska fans will give him more crap for sucking then he got here

Reaction Score
The Husker Board is pure gold right now with quotes like this: "I think the D will be better next week. It has to be. That was the most vanilla d I have seen in my life. In a 3-4, the line is there to contain while the linebackers make the plays. Hard to make plays when you're running the wrong way. Hard to get QB pressure when your outside linebackers aren't rushing the QB. I think Bob has some tricks up his sleeve or he's got less football knowledge than my peewee coach did back in 1979."

Unfortunately, the poor bastards think he's holding back the good defense with all kinds of wrinkles for the stronger teams on the schedule. Little do they know that this is Bob's defense. Sorry my Husker friends, welcome to Hell.
What did we learn-Game 1 Arky State

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Oh lord, some quotes are gold:

The absolute refusal to get out of the base schemes to go into dime packages to cover the underneath routes was stunning and bordering on inept.

I see a name change coming from the op before the pitchforks come out haha. This game rests solely on Diaco, his piss poor defense was the problem the whole game.

Diaco is an idiot if he thinks he can come into the presser in a suit using big words and try to explain away that show that was his defense

2. Diaco refused to change his scheme to account for the underneath routes

No one thinks Diaco held back his blitz packages for Oregon?
You would think at some point when the game is on the line he might use 1 or 2?

Reaction Score
Poor guys will be waiting for blitzes next week too....little do they know they might get one or two for the season hahaha

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Poor guys will be waiting for blitzes next week too....little do they know they might get one or two for the season hahaha

Lol, I feel for those saps. They'll be sitting in that stadium in th3 driving snow long after the lights are turned off waiting for Diaco's super creative blitz package.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
What those poor, unfortunate 'Husker fans don't quite yet seem to realize is the guy coaches like a coward because he is a coward. And he covers up his cowardice with a continuous mountain of BS.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Riley is a good second tier program coach. I thought he was one of the best coaches in college football when he was at Oregon State. Nebraska is just a bad fit for him.

Diaco is terrible and should be coaching high school.

Yeah Riley was great for Oregon State.

Nebraska is one of the toughest jobs in the country now between expectations and resources.

He's going to drown there.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
As the leopard can't change his spots, Diaco can't/ won't change his defensive philosophy.

Nebraska has wasted big bucks on Bobby Boy. It won't be long before Bob realizes what corn cobs can do!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom