Diaco has lost 90% of fan base | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Diaco has lost 90% of fan base

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
We didn't lose this game on offense.
I'm sure some of the other FBS teams that played Army performed better on defense, but it would have really helped if we hadn't fallen behind by two scores... offense got production eventually but I do feel getting points early has to be a point of emphasis. Maybe against an unconventional offense, you don't bet on pitching a shutout.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I've long given up SMU as a December ghost town. What has me worried is the next 3 year contract, I just don't see how we don't see a mass exodus.

Step one is ditching the three-year thing. Does anyone else even do that?

Heaven help the folks who need to sell season tickets to this. It's gonna be bad. Real bad.

Reaction Score
to nellie foxy: as you say dude is faux pas

its easee:brainy dude just gave soccer 8mil; said dude wants soccer upgrade
foosball at tx as example grossed 109mil in just last yr
soccer dude could multiply his 8 mil for soccer 10 fold in near term if in short term he buyz out current regime, sits on search committee to donate his keen business acumen for decision making and sends foosbal in correct direction nowz because waiting is losing proposition according to heavy industry standards

how many heavy industrials could function for long or stay solvent with comedy of errors playing out

soccer dude could then have soccer palace courtesy of foosbal and happy daze are here again

last yr according to hrtfd area econ dev experts, husky foosbal grossed only 11.1mil
the room for growth is huge and brainy soccer philanthropist would climb all over this opportunity to help his alma mater & especially his soccer dudes

Reaction Score
So your position is that Diaco doesn't want to win, that he doesn't want to last here? That he plays CW to spite himself? Because you thinking that is goshdarn stupid.

I think Disco wants to win but I honestly believe he is not trying to win games. He has been telling us all season that winning is not important right now. "Preseason". "Not game planning for the opponent". "Process, Process, Process".

Bringing Fox in earlier, preparing for the option, putting 8 in tbe box when they were gashing us, bringing in Foxx instead of Boyle, getting the ball to Davis in the games when he was healthy. These are the things that he would be doing if he was actually trying to win games. He has a plan, it's probably a 5 year plan. That plan does not include winning this year. I hope I'm right about that because if I'm wrong the other answer is that we have an empty polo shirt as our coach and that would be much worse.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I was guessing that he did not bring Foxx in until the second half because he did not want Army to be able to make halftime adjustments. That's the only thing I can think of.

Reaction Score
chapwilvaug72 said:
to nellie foxy: as you say dude is faux pas

its easee:brainy dude just gave soccer 8mil; said dude wants soccer upgrade
foosball at tx as example grossed 109mil in just last yr
soccer dude could multiply his 8 mil for soccer 10 fold in near term if in short term he buyz out current regime, sits on search committee to donate his keen business acumen for decision making and sends foosbal in correct direction nowz because waiting is losing proposition according to heavy industry standards

how many heavy industrials could function for long or stay solvent with comedy of errors playing out

soccer dude could then have soccer palace courtesy of foosbal and happy daze are here again

last yr according to hrtfd area econ dev experts, husky foosbal grossed only 11.1mil
the room for growth is huge and brainy soccer philanthropist would climb all over this opportunity to help his alma mater & especially his soccer dudes

I love this guy. I just want the forum to know.

Reaction Score
I think Disco wants to win but I honestly believe he is not trying to win games. He has been telling us all season that winning is not important right now. "Preseason". "Not game planning for the opponent". "Process, Process, Process".

Bringing Fox in earlier, preparing for the option, putting 8 in tbe box when they were gashing us, bringing in Foxx instead of Boyle, getting the ball to Davis in the games when he was healthy. These are the things that he would be doing if he was actually trying to win games. He has a plan, it's probably a 5 year plan. That plan does not include winning this year. I hope I'm right about that because if I'm wrong the other answer is that we have an empty polo shirt as our coach and that would be much worse.

I agree, Diaco is such a weird guy, I don't believe he is even trying to win these games (which is nuts). He put our base defense out there and wanted to see them react. I swear he probably had an because his team was able to execute an onside kick.

Reaction Score
Isay the turnaround, all goes according to plan, we should be seeing the real benefits in 2016. Next year we should at least get to a bowl game. The HCBD culture should be fully implemented. If we arent going thru the worst of times now (using regular season games as part of the pre-season player development) this season I'd be shocked. It really shouldn't get any worse for this program. If its like this next year then shame on who's running things in the athletic dept...

Reaction Score
Loved the defense getting a bit more aggressive late rather than trying to just keep their spots they finally attacked more. In doing so they also gave the offense a chance to win. Having said that Whitmer also made some plays that put them in position to tie and/or win the game. But he also is the guy who made the crucial decision not to throw the ball away (he also had 15 yards to run the time he threw the other INT which was also a bad decision). Tough kid, tough ending for all.

It was great to see the heart of the team coming back and the sidelines, which the excitement was tremendous. Patience my friends I believe it will slowly come together. If Cochran was able to play the tune everyone is singing would be a bit more positive I believe but these are the things dealt to you. Hang in there, things are changing. They need to get faster for sure because Army was eating up yards on people who could not catch up ....they will !

Reaction Score

I thought the plan should be winning every year!!!! Diaco and Cummings are what their record says they are 2-7.

Reaction Score
I've long given up SMU as a December ghost town. What has me worried is the next 3 year contract, I just don't see how we don't see a mass exodus.

Not to mention the awful home schedule next season with no big draw coming in.

Season tickets could fall to 15k-17K with lots of people opting to not pay the donation to sit in the 100's.

Reaction Score
metsfan2323 said:
I agree with that, but I would add that it was a team loss all around. For most of this season however the perception has been that the defense has been OK while the offense has been bad. People keep bringing up that we lost to a team that lost to Yale, I was at that Yale game and I can tell you that Army scorched the Yale defense, Yale won that game because they scored a TD on just about every possession.

That doesn't make me feel better.

Perfect Hair

I saw Diaco drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vics
Reaction Score
I was guessing that he did not bring Foxx in until the second half because he did not want Army to be able to make halftime adjustments. That's the only thing I can think of.

That's ridiculous, and totally foolish. Which might mean you are correct because this car salesman has no idea what he is doing, it's obvious to anyone who is watching. Army lost to a 1AA team and got destroyed by a horrible Kent State team. We certainly have enough talent on defense to stop them and their defense hasn't stopped anybody but us, cmon!

This disaster is on the coaches stop making our looking for excuses. We got had by another fraud off the Brian Kelly coaching tree.,

Reaction Score
I thought the plan should be winning every year!!!! Diaco and Cummings are what their record says they are 2-7.

It really makes no sense to not at least attempt to win if they're fully capable talent-wise or scheme-wise. If they even bothered to do that much, they could be 5-4 and a game away from bowl eligibility right now. Not placing emphasis on winning is something you do in Pop Warner, not when you're supposedly trying to get a program out of the basement of FBS football and ideally into a P5 conference in the remotely foreseeable future.

Reaction Score
I think a coach should get 4 years. Especially in a situation like this where there just isn't much, if any talent here. Now, you may be able to tell after two years that a guys is not the right coach, but they should still get a full recruiting cycle unless there is some sort of scandal under their watch.

Reaction Score
We didn't lose this game on offense.

Well, while I understand how we couldn't stop them and there are lots of technical defensive assignment reasons as to why, the fact is we actually did lose this game on offense. We needed to out score them and we couldn't. Too many questionable poorly blocked and executed sideline passes and if you believe our talented WR's can't run routes to gain separation from those smaller slower West Point DB's, there are bigger problems than with the play calling. I called for Foxx to be playing more yesterday and my seat mate Palatine made the good point that the Army defense practices against an option style QB every day. But there were lots of strange offensive moves. DeLorenzo ran well and was pulled, Boyle threw it well and got pulled after his one series (a ludicrous coaching excercise).
We were bigger and faster and simply turned a series of poorly planned, ultra conservative plays into too many sprint out wild throws by Whitmer.
The academies are tough to defend for almost every team that faces them. The answer to victory is in game planning and execution on offense. We were woeful in both. Our offense cost us a victory.

Reaction Score
The big ten just called warde this am and told him to lose their number. Army has jumped infront if us now in line for big 10 expansion.

Swofford shook his head and said yup Louisville was the right pick

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Ron Johnson destroyed the CB early in the game. Ran his ass over. Delorenzo and Johnson 2 best backs by far.

Newsome drives me nuts on his KO returns. Doesn't seem to hit the hole with any velocity.

Reaction Score
Ron Johnson destroyed the CB early in the game. Ran his ass over. Delorenzo and Johnson 2 best backs by far.

Newsome drives me nuts on his KO returns. Doesn't seem to hit the hole with any velocity.
Don't think there are any holes. KO return blocking has been porous

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Don't think there are any holes. KO return blocking has been porous
Touche. Still don't like the way he runs the KO back. Seems timid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duke79

Top Bottom