Diaco has lost 90% of fan base | The Boneyard

Diaco has lost 90% of fan base

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm in the 10% that hope he gets 5 years to turn this program into a winner.
Unfortunately, in today's world of athletics, he'll need results a lot faster than that.
Do I like the way the team has played this year? Hell no! And we look like a poorly coached team.
I have no good response to all you detractors who have lost faith.
But I also believe we need stability (though I wont complain if we change offensive coordinators).

For all you season ticket holders that wont renew ... Good for me!
I get better seats next year!

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Because he is a flighty weirdo who cannot call a game. We beat Orlando Tech cause it was cold and rainy and they were shellshocked. A fluke. God damn almighty we lost to Army. They looked like the '72 Nebraska team against us. Ridiculous. Where was the run for us today, by the way?

Reaction Score
dont forget Monsieur Superstar- he want credit for the 10% balance + initial 90 ultimately

Reaction Score
No.

We need to find out what he can do with his hand picked QB's at the helm.

I don't think he has done everything he can to win games this season and I am mad at him for that, but to declare him useless already is crazy.

That said, if we are in this same position a year from now it will be time to cut him loose. I hope that doesn't happen and I doubt it will.

Reaction Score
No.

We need to find out what he can do with his hand picked QB's at the helm.

I don't think he has done everything he can to win games this season and I am mad at him for that, but to declare him useless already is crazy.

That said, if we are in this same position a year from now it will be time to cut him loose. I hope that doesn't happen and I doubt it will.

Whitmer is his hand picked QB.

I watched CC drive the team from inside his own twenty all the way down the field into the red zone -- and then I watched Diaco pull him and put in Whitmer. he isn't stuck with Whitmeer, he loves him at QB.

Reaction Score

I watched CC drive the team from inside his own twenty all the way down the field into the red zone -- and then I watched Diaco pull him and put in Whitmer. he isn't stuck with Whitmeer, he loves him at QB.

He would have never recruited Whitmer to come here, that is my point. We need to see what Diaco can do with his recruit behind center because it is obvious he wants talented runners at the position.

Reaction Score
I'm giving it until this time next year before I even entertain this "fire Diaco" conversation. He's still a better hire than Pasqualoni IMO, but that may not be saying much.

Reaction Score
It's a young team. They'll be better next year. But for Diaco's sake they better be bowl eligible better next year or Manuel will have a decision to make.

Reaction Score
Well it seems obvious... but UConn lost to Army today because they couldn't stop them on defense.

So it doesn't much matter it who recruited the quarterback.
The defense sucked today no doubt, but it did force a T/O to get them back in the game, and did force a punt down a score. We promptly went three and out with the worst collection of plays in recent memory. Our problem continues to be that we are ultra conservative on offense until we are forced to play from behind.

Diaco hasn't lost the fanbase. Everyone knew once Casey went down it was going to be an uphill battle. Diaco gets this year to work out the first time HC nonsense. Starting next year he better not be talking about pre season and getting players experience. Start getting plays in on time so we don't have to burn T/Os needlessly which has plagued us all year.

I see some things I like. We pretty much abandoned the play action slow developing plays that had no shot in hell of working. That shows he will go away from what isn't working. Today was concerning though. No clue on the option, clock management down the stretch. Can't see this next year.

Reaction Score
Well it seems obvious... but UConn lost to Army today because they couldn't stop them on defense..

I agree with that, but I would add that it was a team loss all around. For most of this season however the perception has been that the defense has been OK while the offense has been bad.

People keep bringing up that we lost to a team that lost to Yale, I was at that Yale game and I can tell you that Army scorched the Yale defense, Yale won that game because they scored a TD on just about every possession.

Reaction Score
The defense sucked today no doubt, but it did force a T/O to get them back in the game, and did force a punt down a score. We promptly went three and out with the worst collection of plays in recent memory. Our problem continues to be that we are ultra conservative on offense until we are forced to play from behind.

Diaco hasn't lost the fanbase. Everyone knew once Casey went down it was going to be an uphill battle. Diaco gets this year to work out the first time HC nonsense. Starting next year he better not be talking about pre season and getting players experience. Start getting plays in on time so we don't have to burn T/Os needlessly which has plagued us all year.

I see some things I like. We pretty much abandoned the play action slow developing plays that had no shot in hell of working. That shows he will go away from what isn't working. Today was concerning though. No clue on the option, ty clock management down the stretch. Can't see this next year.
Yale beat Army. Yale. You know the Elis; the team from New Haven. Good God man.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

So your position is that Diaco doesn't want to win, that he doesn't want to last here? That he plays CW to spite himself? Because you thinking that is goshdarn stupid.

Reaction Score
I thought a few hours would soften my disgust at how unprepared our defense looked today and my bitterness at the coaches who screwed up. It hasn't. Today was a really bad public humiliation beyond the USF debacle. Even the great hockey week and both soccer teams winning hasn't helped. This was 2-6 Army and what they ran was never a big secret. Somebody messed up bad.

Reaction Score
He hasn't lost the fan base? We will be lucky to have 15k in the stadium against SMU.

I've long given up SMU as a December ghost town. What has me worried is the next 3 year contract, I just don't see how we don't see a mass exodus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom