Diaco has lost 90% of fan base | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Diaco has lost 90% of fan base

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bail jumpers, ignore this. You will be welcomed back. The programs needs all the fans we can get. Don't pay attention to this foolish short sightedness.

The program needs a lot of things, including fannies in the seats. But mostly it needs fans.

Bail jumpers, please apply for former; not the latter. There is a difference, as hard as it may be to understand. We'll welcome you in to walk around the concession areas drinking beer and generally unaware a game is being played as we always have - feel free to join the party around an hour after kickoff and make sure you get a start on traffic by leaving before 4th quarter starts. And, please don't come if it is cold or the weather is not pristine - we understand.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Again I call bull. I wasn't the one attempting to seperate the fanbase. If I'm not mistaken it was you who called those of us who were upset a bunch of whiners...or maybe cry babies was the term? Others telling those of us who are upset to leave and never come back. No I don't feel pain deeper but just like you have to right to call us whiners I can call you on your bullsheeet. I praise the team and coaches when things go well. When the players and coaches suck I post it here because my two year old and my wife can care less. So yeah I've got a response for those of you that have a problem with anyone that feels the need to vent here.
In this thread at least, the separation is driven by someone arbitrarily speaking for "90% of the fan base"; and another asserting that "we all get that Diaco is a bad hire." I've got no problem with venting, any fan should be disappointed and upset with that performance. What is causing push-back, from me at least, is the few alleged fans fighting each other to be first off the Diaco band wagon.. they're rooting for UConn to fail. Does the coaching need to get better? Yes. Can it? I believe it can. Call them out for sucking all you like, just don't give up on them. And for the record, "talent" is a total red herring argument, not even Alabama just rolls out their talent (well, maybe against our schedule they do). It's not, IMHO, talent that separates #120 from #70.

Reaction Score
The program needs a lot of things, including fannies in the seats. But mostly it needs fans.

Bail jumpers, please apply for former; not the latter. There is a difference, as hard as it may be to understand. We'll welcome you in to walk around the concession areas drinking beer and generally unaware a game is being played as we always have - feel free to join the party around an hour after kickoff and make sure you get a start on traffic by leaving before 4th quarter starts. And, please don't come if it is cold or the weather is not pristine - we understand.

Die hard fan. Casual fan. Fair weather fan. Bandwagon fan. I'll take them all.

Even Super Fans like you!

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Army is the weakest of the service academies for one reason: size requirements. You don't too many huge guys leading troops in battle. The Naval Academy has the least restrictive height and weight requirements and thus they field the most competitive teams and beat Army like a drum every year.

Dribbles

Mrs. Dribbles
Reaction Score

It was great to see the heart of the team coming back and the sidelines, which the excitement was tremendous. Patience my friends I believe it will slowly come together. If Cochran was able to play the tune everyone is singing would be a bit more positive I believe but these are the things dealt to you. Hang in there, things are changing. They need to get faster for sure because Army was eating up yards on people who could not catch up ....they will ![/QUOTE]

And then the Coach tells the press: "We're a bad football team."
That's a new leadership model....

Reaction Score
How is our used car salesman from the Brian Kelly dealership any better than the one you guys got rid of? I don't see any difference at all, they both spew platitudes that mean nothing, and appear confused by what actually goes on for 60 minutes once a week. They both also appear to be caught up in the nonsensical (sock length, sleeves up or dowon) as opposed to actually coaching. Your guy used to complain that he was stuck with 1AA players, ours says we are a bad team that is a mess. And honestly I never heard (or read) your guy ever say his QB was not a key starter and we all heard Debacle say it here. The most important postion in sports, not Key!!! How is Diaco any different, please give us hope!!!!

You made some valid points here and it took me time to consider them before answering. As my user name indicates I'm closer to the UMass side of things but have been a UConn fan since the 70s. What I saw in Molnar was a guy whose ego had run amok, he thought UMass was beneath him, he was a ruthless disciplinarian, and yes, he threw his players under the bus without taking any personal responsibility. His coaching style was completely inflexible and spent 2 years trying to fit square pegs into round holes and blaming the kids when they wouldn't fit.
Now I've only met HCBD once and it was very briefly, but my wife has had interactions with him and his staff in her office at UConn. I see a guy who, much to the dismay of the fans looking for immediate results, is going to tear down the house and start from scratch. Is this the right approach, who knows? But this guy seems happy and honored to be UConn's head coach and it appears he is right where he wants to be at this point in time.
Just my opinion, but HCBD seems to be looking down the road and has a vision of the type of team he wants UConn to be next year and beyond. That does not do much for the fans who expected results this year. I get that. Over on the UMass site, people were penciling in bowl eligibility just because we hired Mark Whipple. They are now seeing that it is a process ( sorry, I know some of you guys on here are sick of that word!)
BD has made some mistakes, no doubt. He's a first time head coach and to expect less is ridiculous. Your "key starter" reference above is a prime example. That entire presser was hard to watch. Like I stated in my original post, I'll bet he has learned from that and those are the kind of mistakes he won't make again.
I really can't speak to the nuts and bolts of how BD should be running the team. Should Boyle start? Should Newsome start? I'm not at the practices or in the locker room. Those are the decisions he makes based on the best info he has available to him at the time. That's why he's there.
I don't know if this answers your question. I guess I can't validate my post with black and white stats. Maybe it's just more of a feeling. But as a guy who likes UConn football and wishes them the best ( except playing UMass) I get that feeling about this coaching staff and believe they will right the ship.

Reaction Score
Don't be a d----k. After our game, my guess is that Army as a rushing offense has moved into the top 5 in the country. Defending their run game, is a major task. Where they are weak is on defense, and the reason they are not a winning team, is that the run offense takes a lot of time off the clock, and most teams have the ability to outscore them over the course of the game.

We needed an onside kick recovery, late in the game, to attempt to score a 4th TD just to tie the game.

Here's a question - Army is 3-6 overall, in nine games, what team has scored the fewest points against Army? They give up 33 pts a game on average. Their offense, that terrible triple option generates 25 points a game on average this season, our offense is pathetic in scoring. 123rd in division 1A at 17pts per game.
So your basically saying that any team that can play decent to good football will beat ARMY...Great, well so in your nice words you are still saying what the rest of us know, that our coach got man handled by the game clock and our talent on the field was performing less than what other teams can do with similar talent???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom