Diaco has lost 90% of fan base | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Diaco has lost 90% of fan base

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How people think this team is not trying to win is just laughable. Seriously people?
Maybe I should clarify my earlier quote. He is trying to win with young guys bringing a base offense and defense. He didn't sell out to stop the run or bring in the Wildfox package earlier because I believe he is trying to train his young guys to learn their assignments in their base packages.

Reaction Score
Maybe I should clarify my earlier quote. He is trying to win with young guys bringing a base offense and defense. He didn't sell out to stop the run or bring in the Wildfox package earlier because I believe he is trying to train his young guys to learn their assignments in their base packages.

If he is trying to train his young guys instead of trying to win, do you agree with those priorities?

If that is what he is doing, we hired the wrong guy.

Reaction Score
My 10 year old Grandson Alex, after watching Newsome get stopped at the 25 on every kick return buried in a sea of tacklers said " Why doesn't #22 run up and then go the other way" I said because that's where the return is set up for, all the blockers are on that side. He said "I think 22 should run to where the tacklers are waiting and change direction" Alex is interviewing tomorrow for ST Coach.

Reaction Score
My 10 year old Grandson Alex, after watching Newsome get stopped at the 25 on every kick return buried in a sea of tacklers said " Why doesn't #22 run up and then go the other way" I said because that's where the return is set up for, all the blockers are on that side. He said "I think 22 should run to where the tacklers are waiting and change direction" Alex is interviewing tomorrow for ST Coach.
It works in NCAA Football 14 on PS3.

Reaction Score
Well, while I understand how we couldn't stop them and there are lots of technical defensive assignment reasons as to why, the fact is we actually did lose this game on offense. We needed to out score them and we couldn't. Too many questionable poorly blocked and executed sideline passes and if you believe our talented WR's can't run routes to gain separation from those smaller slower West Point DB's, there are bigger problems than with the play calling. I called for Foxx to be playing more yesterday and my seat mate Palatine made the good point that the Army defense practices against an option style QB every day. But there were lots of strange offensive moves. DeLorenzo ran well and was pulled, Boyle threw it well and got pulled after his one series (a ludicrous coaching excercise).
We were bigger and faster and simply turned a series of poorly planned, ultra conservative plays into too many sprint out wild throws by Whitmer.
The academies are tough to defend for almost every team that faces them. The answer to victory is in game planning and execution on offense. We were woeful in both. Our offense cost us a victory.

WRONG. Good grief.

Our defense should able to get off the field against a bunch of marginally Division I athletes. Go buy football for dummies and flagellate yourself.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
That's ridiculous, and totally foolish. Which might mean you are correct because this car salesman has no idea what he is doing, it's obvious to anyone who is watching.
Yeah, I definitely don't think it is a good strategy unless it is a new wrinkle. They already had tape of us so you may as well roll it out and make your own adjustments based on how you expect them to react. That's where coaching becomes chess - anticipate the adjustments your opponent makes and exploit them. We were playing checkers.

Reaction Score
If he is trying to train his young guys instead of trying to win, do you agree with those priorities?

I don't know what to think...not sure what he is doing, but I know our defense wasn't ready to play yesterday.

Reaction Score
So does bringing safeties up to stop the option.
Sarcasm sir, sarcasm. And I am sure you were using the same. You don't seem to have a positive bone in your body.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Because he is a flighty weirdo who cannot call a game. We beat Orlando Tech cause it was cold and rainy and they were shellshocked. A fluke. God damn almighty we lost to Army. They looked like the '72 Nebraska team against us. Ridiculous. Where was the run for us today, by the way?
No, they looked the Jack Mildred's Oklahoma team.

Reaction Score
I don't remember the poster by name but to the person who said Max was one of the problem's with this team just go sit in a corner until told otherwise.

Reaction Score
I don't remember the poster by name but to the person who said Max was one of the problem's with this team just go sit in a corner until told otherwise.
I was surprised to see him in there. He had a couple of explosive runs. It was nice to see him get some burn and spark the offense.

Reaction Score
Ron Johnson destroyed the CB early in the game. Ran his ass over. Delorenzo and Johnson 2 best backs by far.

Newsome drives me nuts on his KO returns. Doesn't seem to hit the hole with any velocity.

I think Newsome is the best back we have. Unfortunately, he has taken a back seat due to fumbling. His vision is outstanding. Leads team in YPC.

Reaction Score
I think Newsome is the best back we have. Unfortunately, he has taken a back seat due to fumbling. His vision is outstanding. Leads team in YPC.
Bigger bruising backs in Johnson and DeLorenzo proved to be more effective yesterday. I think it is a per game basis who receives more carries. That's how I would run it anyway. If you can spread out a defense, Newsome can find more room and pick up chunk yardage. Running between the tackles and running people over, Johnson and DeLorenzo would be more serviceable. As Diaco has said all along, they all do certain things well. Johnson has some shake to him, but Newsome is the more elusive runner out in space. Johnson is a bruising back that can carry the rock in between tackles, tough runner and hangs onto the football. Just my opinion, but hope that makes sense.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

I can't remember the last time I agreed with a post of yours, including this one. Maybe next one, but I'm not holding my breath.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I think a coach should get 4 years. Especially in a situation like this where there just isn't much, if any talent here. Now, you may be able to tell after two years that a guys is not the right coach, but they should still get a full recruiting cycle unless there is some sort of scandal under their watch.
I think the players have individual talent. I don't think it was properly developed over the last three years.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I'm in the 10% that hope he gets 5 years to turn this program into a winner.
Unfortunately, in today's world of athletics, he'll need results a lot faster than that.
Do I like the way the team has played this year? Hell no! And we look like a poorly coached team.
I have no good response to all you detractors who have lost faith.
But I also believe we need stability (though I wont complain if we change offensive coordinators).

For all you season ticket holders that wont renew ... Good for me!
I get better seats next year!
I hardly think the percentage is that high. Maybe for the irrational, but to them I say, give up on Diaco after 9 games at your own peril.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Count me in the 10% not going anywhere. As for Nelson's, "we all get that he was a bad hire", I'll give Nelson credit for being humble but my observation is that he often 'gets' things that no one else does.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Count me in the 10% not going anywhere. As for Nelson's, "we all get that he was a bad hire", I'll give Nelson credit for being humble but my observation is that he often 'gets' things that no one else does.
I disagree. I'll give Nelson credit for one thing and one thing only. He is true to his convictions.

The fact that he "often 'gets' things no one else does," is a function of him telling you his prediction came true.

Nelson is a tad polarizing, which is not a bad thing for a message board of this type.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I disagree. I'll give Nelson credit for one thing and one thing only. He is true to his convictions.

The fact that he "often 'gets' things no one else does," is a function of him telling you his prediction came true.
I might have forgotten to turn on the sarcasm light.... I didn't really think anyone was being humble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom